Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW

August 24th, 2009 | Merchandise, MOTHER 3

A little while ago I posted that those MOTHER 3 Mr. Saturn plushies will be showing up again in Japan soon.

(Here’s a promotional stand for the first run of MOTHER 3 plushies from 2006)

According to the official site, they’ll start appearing in the crane game/UFO Catcher things in early September. For a full list of locations, see here. Also, if you go to these places and do some survey with your cell phone there, you’ll be entered into a drawing to win one of several things, the grand prize being one of those giant Mr. Saturns that are now no longer for sale. I think a bunch of Starman T-Shirts are also prizes.

Anyway, if you’re in Japan or will be in Japan sometime next month, see what you can find. It’d be awesome if some people go and do a mini-report on their experiences 😀 For full info, see here.

27 Comments to MOTHER 3 Plushies – Arcade List

Poe said on Aug. 24, 2009

Oh man, MOTHER 3 stuff surrounded by Pokemon and Mario things. One can only dream~

UltimaLink said on Aug. 24, 2009

Awesome.

I wonder how much it will be too buy one of the Mother 3 plushies off ebay.

Pimpshi said on Aug. 24, 2009

Man, I wonder how much it would be to buy one of the Mother 3 Crane Games off ebay. If only… 😀

Satsy said on Aug. 24, 2009

So I’m guessing these’ll be the same as those banpresto Mr.Saturns they made before, right? They look about the same.

:3 I’m glad I already have one~~

I do have a question, though; someone said something about a campaign. What would that be about?

santiagoff said on Aug. 24, 2009

Would be awesome to be there! D:

Not Giygas said on Aug. 24, 2009

Is it just me, or does that Mr. Saturn on top like that Turtwig

Shichiji said on Aug. 24, 2009

Me wants D:

fums63 said on Aug. 24, 2009

I’m going to Japan in July
Maybe they’ll still be around?

D:

yetikirby said on Aug. 24, 2009

i whant one 🙁

Steve! said on Aug. 24, 2009

I’d love one, but I’m not going to japan any time soon so I’m probably not gonna get one.

Mr. Disguised Saturn said on Aug. 24, 2009

Just wondering but will you translate the list? I’m not going to Japan soon unfortunately but i was just wondering.

Mato said on Aug. 24, 2009

I’d rather not, I only have so much time in the day and I need to choose my tasks carefully. I think there are links to each individual place on there anyway, so it won’t be too hard for interested people to do research.

StarmanAnDonuts said on Aug. 24, 2009

Thanks for posting this. Now I can tell my sister where the Mr. Saturns will be when she goes to Japan next month!

DoseiSan said on Aug. 24, 2009

Just because a couple of people seem interested in the actual WINNING of these from the machines, I’m going to copypasta a quick writeup I posted on a topic about these about the differences between Japanese and American claw machines:

For anyone planning on going to Japan to try to win them easily because they think they’re good at claw machines… let me warn you, the “claw machines” of Japan are ENTIRELY different.

They are called “UFO Catchers” and are around in America sparsely now and instead of focusing on trying to get the prize so hooked on it can’t be dropped by a loose claw, they are an entire aiming and balancing act that, while a lot less “rigged” than American claws (as it’s the same thing each time and they have a good grip level”) are a lot harder in my opinion, or at least because most of my experience is with our definition of “claw machine”. They move far less loosely around and are shaped a bit like a UFO, and they have only two areas to “grab” with. Those areas are two large sideways V (and then mirrored so it’s more like a U) shaped plastic appendages from the top machinery that have a straight metal plate on the end of them.

The strategies are entirely different, so I advise you to practice on an American machine or look it up. For reference, here is a nice video that, while in Japanese and a bit tricky for some to understand audio-wise, has footage of the actual crane in action and fairly straightforward diagrams/strategies that are easy enough to recognize despite the language barrier. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epB_33zc9Fg

Keep in mind, however, that a good chunk of those strategies rely on the rather ridiculous concept that there is no wall between the toys and the prize chute… which, at least in my experience with American UFO Catchers, is indeed rare. Also, the strategies that don’t rely solely on being near the chute seem to rely rather unfortunately on the toy having easy to grab appendages or necks… which Mr. Saturn doesn’t. If you’re just after the Mr. Saturn, which, considering the price of these things, is a rather smart choice, here are a few tips not listed from my experience with the evil things and factoring in physics of normal claw machines with the Mr. Saturn (or at least the second version I have) plush’s shape/balance…

If the toys happen to be in a stack pattern, that’s as good as yours in most cases. The only real “win” I’ve ever had from a UFO catcher was a similarly shaped Lady plushie which had a huge butt (“Big Bottom Buddies”, as Disney prefers to call them) that I got by focusing on getting underneath the back half of it and sort of rolling it down the pile into the prize drop.

If they have a string on top as the original did which happens to be a loop, then that, although perhaps taking a few tries to perfect, is also a good advantage. You can hopefully grip the string between the plates and carry it all the way over (unless the machine is screwed up and has space between the plates when closed.)

Well, hope I could be of some help to somebody, and good luck on those plushies!8)

KingDarian said on Aug. 24, 2009

If I didn’t already have a few, I’d probably post something along the lines of “I WANT ONE”. It’s great that they’re coming back. Hopefully some online stores will take the cue and restock them to give some westerners another chance at nabbing some of these. I got mine from a wonderful place called Wizzywig Collectibles for like $15 each way back when. I’d keep an eye on their storefront next month.

ShadowX said on Aug. 24, 2009

Only 3 Mr. Saturn’s are stacking. What a waste!

But good news about the plushies returning! The M3 ones are pretty sweet and better made then the ones that came with the M1+2 Art Book.

J said on Aug. 25, 2009

If there’s no plastic wall between the drop zone and where the prizes are stacked well…. consider it yours.

I can clean out a regular claw machine like no ones business, but I get irritated with the candy filled machines.

Difegue said on Aug. 26, 2009

brb saving up paypal money to buy one from japanese dudes collecting them from the machines to sell them

8BitWalugi said on Aug. 31, 2009

DAMN! The Japan exchange program at my school is going to go IN September! And i WAS going but now I can’t! I’m so annoyed! DAMN DAMN DAMN! I hope I can get someone to get me one… and even then, I hope they can get one! How much would it be to play? ‘Caus I’m offering a $20AU Prize for anyone at my school who gets me one!

pidgezero_one said on Sep. 5, 2009

There are a ton of these up for sale on YJA as of this morning. They all just kind of went up at the same time, it was nuts.

ninten ness lucas said on Oct. 14, 2009

if i ever go to japan i would love to get one. I saw a mr saturn plushie for 500$ on ebay. also im mad at no mother 2 translation on 1+2 becuase i have never played earthbound. but i played mother3 translation sadly stuck on jealous bass.

crybaby lucas said on Oct. 14, 2009

actually trying to grap around the nose is a good idea

Babybubba said on Nov. 13, 2009

Ninten ness lucas if you go to emulator zone.com there is a translated earthbound and the emulator for snes to run it if you want to play it.=)

Babybubba said on Nov. 13, 2009

crybaby lucas those machines are really old… you wont see them in japan it was a limited time thing now only ebay can save you

Soiherduliekeb said on Feb. 1, 2010

And we just got the machine in October!

Matteomax said on May. 21, 2011

I would break the glass and take ALL the Mr. Saturns!!! 😀

Anonymous said on Aug. 6, 2011

I wish they had ness and lucas plushes