MOTHER 2 on Japanese Virtual Console March 20th
There’s a bug in MOTHER 3 (in the Japanese version and translated version) where Dr. Andonuts’ trash can displays completely wrong text. I chalked it up to a bug that I had seen before while working on the translation, but after working on this I realized that assumption was wrong.
Anyway, since Jeffman has more experience with that aspect of the hacking, he gave it a look-see and managed to find the bug and fix it. Here’s a before and after:
It’s not a major line or anything, but it’s nice to see a bug like that fixed. Strange that the Japanese testers never noticed it, it was a one-byte fix. Sadly, this fix isn’t in the 1.1 version of the translation patch, but if a new version of the patch should ever come out, this fix will be included.
Also, if you haven’t seen it yet, I posted the MOTHER 3 script online, and it includes many unused lines and such. People are especially interested by this block of text lately it seems. Keep looking around and see what you can find.
Who knows, maybe some year when the ROM’s layout is better understood, we’ll find unused event data and actually see all this unused text in action 😀
Other Related Posts:
19 Comments to MOTHER 3 Missing Line Fixed
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...