MOTHER 3 8th Most Tear-jerking Game
There’s a bug in MOTHER 3 (in the Japanese version and translated version) where Dr. Andonuts’ trash can displays completely wrong text. I chalked it up to a bug that I had seen before while working on the translation, but after working on this I realized that assumption was wrong.
Anyway, since Jeffman has more experience with that aspect of the hacking, he gave it a look-see and managed to find the bug and fix it. Here’s a before and after:
It’s not a major line or anything, but it’s nice to see a bug like that fixed. Strange that the Japanese testers never noticed it, it was a one-byte fix. Sadly, this fix isn’t in the 1.1 version of the translation patch, but if a new version of the patch should ever come out, this fix will be included.
Also, if you haven’t seen it yet, I posted the MOTHER 3 script online, and it includes many unused lines and such. People are especially interested by this block of text lately it seems. Keep looking around and see what you can find.
Who knows, maybe some year when the ROM’s layout is better understood, we’ll find unused event data and actually see all this unused text in action 😀
Other Related Posts:
19 Comments to MOTHER 3 Missing Line Fixed
Featured Item on eBay:
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.