Looking Back at MOTHER 3
There’s a bug in MOTHER 3 (in the Japanese version and translated version) where Dr. Andonuts’ trash can displays completely wrong text. I chalked it up to a bug that I had seen before while working on the translation, but after working on this I realized that assumption was wrong.
Anyway, since Jeffman has more experience with that aspect of the hacking, he gave it a look-see and managed to find the bug and fix it. Here’s a before and after:
It’s not a major line or anything, but it’s nice to see a bug like that fixed. Strange that the Japanese testers never noticed it, it was a one-byte fix. Sadly, this fix isn’t in the 1.1 version of the translation patch, but if a new version of the patch should ever come out, this fix will be included.
Also, if you haven’t seen it yet, I posted the MOTHER 3 script online, and it includes many unused lines and such. People are especially interested by this block of text lately it seems. Keep looking around and see what you can find.
Who knows, maybe some year when the ROM’s layout is better understood, we’ll find unused event data and actually see all this unused text in action 😀
Other Related Posts:
19 Comments to MOTHER 3 Missing Line Fixed
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.