Mr. Saturn for Garry’s Mod!
There’s a bug in MOTHER 3 (in the Japanese version and translated version) where Dr. Andonuts’ trash can displays completely wrong text. I chalked it up to a bug that I had seen before while working on the translation, but after working on this I realized that assumption was wrong.
Anyway, since Jeffman has more experience with that aspect of the hacking, he gave it a look-see and managed to find the bug and fix it. Here’s a before and after:
It’s not a major line or anything, but it’s nice to see a bug like that fixed. Strange that the Japanese testers never noticed it, it was a one-byte fix. Sadly, this fix isn’t in the 1.1 version of the translation patch, but if a new version of the patch should ever come out, this fix will be included.
Also, if you haven’t seen it yet, I posted the MOTHER 3 script online, and it includes many unused lines and such. People are especially interested by this block of text lately it seems. Keep looking around and see what you can find.
Who knows, maybe some year when the ROM’s layout is better understood, we’ll find unused event data and actually see all this unused text in action 😀
Other Related Posts:
19 Comments to MOTHER 3 Missing Line Fixed
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic