MOTHER 1+2 Translation Update 5
August 25th, 2009 | MOTHER 3
Remember a few months back when that EarthBound lookalike game made by Level 5 hit Japanese magazines and sites? If you don’t, see here.
Well, this time, there’s a completely different game that looks somewhat like MOTHER 3. It’s called Fantasy Life, is for the Nintendo DS, and also happens to be another Level 5 game. But Brownie Brown, the studio that did all the art and programming for MOTHER 3, is involved as well, so it’s no wonder that the graphics give off a somewhat similar vibe. Also, Nobuo Uematsu is doing the music The game’s planned to be released in Japan sometime in 2010.
Since this is only very barely EarthBound series related I don’t expect I’ll post about this much more. But a number of people sent in news about this last night so it’s definitely worth a quick mention. Also, thanks to those folks who sent in news about it!
Other Related Posts:
37 Comments to MOTHER 3 Lookalike: Fantasy Life
Featured Item on eBay:
The King of Games "Smash Starman" Earthbound Mother 2 Black L T-shirt NT0020B
- Mato: I remember at the time that it WAS really impressive for a Super NES game – Street Fighter II was touted for a good while as being the...
- Ailure: 24 mbit translates to about 3 megabyte for those not in the know. For some reason they were really fond of specifying cartridge sizes in...
- Ailure: I love how it mentions the game being 24 mbits like that was huge. Even at the time it was nothing with computers at the era having cd-rom...
- Wukey: Damn, how long did Earthbound take to beat? Maybe 30 hours?
- Yosh: And Nintendo doesn’t approve things such as ripping a ROM from a cartridge and modifying its content.