EarthBound Inspires Kung Fu MMO
I saw a while back that someone said that MOTHER 3 was never mentioned in Nintendo Power. So here’s an article from a recent-ish issue of Nintendo Power that does mention MOTHER 3 and why it would never come out in English 😛
click to enlarge
“Unfortunately, the dialogue would take ages to translate into English, making the game’s chances of one day releasing here even more slim.”
If you count the first draft and subsequent drafts, it took me only 4 or 5 months to translate the script, and that was just on the side for free while I juggled a full-time job, relationship, sleep, other projects, etc. Surely it would’ve taken Nintendo much less than that to translate the text. The game also doesn’t have any more text than your average modern console RPG – in fact, it’s probably not a whole lot larger than EarthBound’s script was. Hard to say for sure because the EB script is so full of insane control codes and a full, clean EarthBound script dump has yet to be produced, but it’s somewhere in the same ballpark. So that’s a bunch of nonsense.
My offer still stands though – if Nintendo ever wants to use my translated text for whatever it wants, they’re more than free to have it at no cost. Some people at Nintendo know me and know how to contact me, so they can take up the offer whenever, whether it’s to use it as a basis for an official release or even just to print the script on company toilet paper.
Other Related Posts:
71 Comments to MOTHER 3 in Nintendo Power
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...