August 20th, 2009 | Hacking, Smash Bros.

The Fourside stage in Smash Bros. Melee has been hacked to look like Moonside 😀

For info and such, see here. Thanks to Joshua S. for the tip!

23 Comments to Moonside in Smash Bros.

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Aug. 20, 2009

Hacking Brawl is what keeps it fresh for me. Texture hacks like this are awesome. 😀

Metroid_maniac said on Aug. 20, 2009

This is why I want fourside in Brawl.

Poe said on Aug. 20, 2009

Moonside would have made a better stage than Fourside. They should go back in time and change it.

Alxprit said on Aug. 20, 2009

Awesome texture hack here. I wish I had the necessary utilities to implement it.

Rockin'Ness said on Aug. 20, 2009

Damn, I want Fourside in Brawl. I’d rather have Fourside than crappy New Pork any day. In M3, New Pork is a pretty cool place, but in Brawl, the stage is so big and everybody just runs away when I’m fighting them. This texture hack is great, though. Soom nide would’ve been great in Brawl or Melee.

Xi said on Aug. 20, 2009

Steve! said on Aug. 20, 2009

Not only was fourside not in brawl but the soundtrack wasn’t in brawl either. Also I thought moonside was fourside but just with different colors and really weird dialog.

santiagoff said on Aug. 20, 2009

Finally! xD

Ice Sage said on Aug. 20, 2009

They should have made a random feature for the stage so that it would look like Moonside 1/4 of the time or something – that would have been awesome! This looks really good, and I also read somewhere about a Ninten and Giegue texture hack. Is that true?

What they should have had in Brawl was Mr. Batty Twist/Porkybot theme. THAT would have been amazing.

TheJorsh said on Aug. 20, 2009

Heh, I was just about to PM you about this, Tomato.
Icce Sage, I’m not sure about the Giegue texture hack, but Ninten’s been done by a few different hacking teams before.
And you DO know you can do custom music for Brawl, right?
I mean, you need your Wii homebrew’d, but it’s reeeeeally easy to do custom music. you just need the right Ocarina/Gecko OS code, and you need to convert the music into a brstm using Androu1’s converting tool.

PSInesslove93 said on Aug. 20, 2009

wow this is amazing!

Jeagle101 said on Aug. 20, 2009

edisnooM ot emocleW!

Anonymous said on Aug. 20, 2009

Is it just me or does that Ness look like Brawl’s Ness?

I think it’s the cheeks

SmaMan said on Aug. 20, 2009

Won’t be long till someone makes a texture hack to make New Pork look like Moonside. I hope… I kinda know how but I don’t have the time… 🙁

Sisto said on Aug. 21, 2009

That’s sweet.

JoeShmoe said on Aug. 22, 2009

@TheJorsh: Giegue and Ninten HAVE both been done for Melee. They were featured previously, if I’m correct. From the same site, no less.
Just FYI. 😉

Wolfy said on Aug. 23, 2009

Stack Smash is the only team that hacks Melee. S does the Melee hacks, so look through his page.

Ninten and Giegue (Melee): http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/?p=6146

Ice Sage said on Aug. 25, 2009

@TheJorsh
I know that you can make your own music, I just wish it had been included officially. Oh well.

And right after I posted about those hacks, I found them again. I guess I should have looked more. Thanks for everyone that helped, though. 😉

Yoshimad123 said on Nov. 2, 2009

Awesome. I always they should of made it so if you play on Fourside, there is a small chance it’ll change to Moonside.
And on odd coincidence: the advert at the top of this side is based off Moonside when I was viewing this page.

spartan 117 said on Oct. 21, 2010

again very cool but how in the world do you hack the game. i have to finish off covenant aliens now.

The guy said on Mar. 16, 2011

WHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Why did the get rid of Fourside in Brawl?!?!?

Lucas said on Mar. 30, 2011

Probably because of the New Pork City stage.

Zoom! said on Nov. 16, 2011

@Metroid_maniac That`s been done with the BrawlBox hacking program.