MOTHER 3 Magypsy Debug Menus
EarthBound hacking has kind of quieted down compared to what it was years ago, but in these past few months some huge new breakthroughs have been made, such as Mr. Accident’s CCScript app and Rufus’s EB++ stuff. There are other things going on too, but I can get into that in another update sometime.
Basically, all this recent work has made impossible things possible. This is partly thanks to the fact that EarthBound is basically just a giant scripting language under the hood. Makes it hell to hack/translate, but awesome for customization and added functionality.
Anyway, as a little test of some of his new work, Rufus put together a small EarthBound hack which he simply calls “Hack”. It’s a text adventure thing and not very long (since it IS just a test/demo), but it’s very impressive. Give it a shot!
Here’s the patch and the patcher program, you’ll need an emulator and an EarthBound ROM, but you’ll have to get those yourself.
- Text Adventure demo hack
- Easy EarthBound patcher program – use this to apply the patch to an EarthBound ROM
There’s an official MOTHER 2 choose-your-own-adventure book that’s kind of rare. I have a copy and if I had infinite time I’d love to translate it and make it into a hack kind of like this. Anybody have a few million dollars they’re not using? 😉
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to EarthBound Text Adventure Hack
- Leeaux: This is cool. Man it must have taken forever for him to do all these though. Geez! Bless you Tomato! This is all I have while I wait on...
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...