MOTHER 3 Store Display for Sale
Back when MOTHER 3 was released in Japan people really wanted to play the game in English. With a translation patch quite a ways off, people resorted to translation walkthroughs and guides and stuff like that, but I think one of the coolest things was when forumgoer Illuminum created a program that basically read the text off of your emulator’s screen, ran it through a computer translator, and then printed the results in English. Here’s a pic of it in action:
If you want some more info on it, see here. I don’t think I have a copy of the program, so if someone does, send it my way and I’ll host it here.
I also think it’d be hilarious to play through the entire game with this thing – someone should do a full run of the game and make screenshots of the especially weird and wacky machine translations that show up. I’d love to make an article for EarthBound Central out of it 😀
Other Related Posts:
35 Comments to Automatic MOTHER 3 Translator
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic