Tim Schafer Playing EarthBound
Popular Posts:None found
Back when MOTHER 3 was released in Japan people really wanted to play the game in English. With a translation patch quite a ways off, people resorted to translation walkthroughs and guides and stuff like that, but I think one of the coolest things was when forumgoer Illuminum created a program that basically read the text off of your emulator’s screen, ran it through a computer translator, and then printed the results in English. Here’s a pic of it in action:
If you want some more info on it, see here. I don’t think I have a copy of the program, so if someone does, send it my way and I’ll host it here.
I also think it’d be hilarious to play through the entire game with this thing – someone should do a full run of the game and make screenshots of the especially weird and wacky machine translations that show up. I’d love to make an article for EarthBound Central out of it 😀
Other Related Posts:
35 Comments to Automatic MOTHER 3 Translator
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.