MOTHER 3 in LEGO Form
Back when MOTHER 3 was released in Japan people really wanted to play the game in English. With a translation patch quite a ways off, people resorted to translation walkthroughs and guides and stuff like that, but I think one of the coolest things was when forumgoer Illuminum created a program that basically read the text off of your emulator’s screen, ran it through a computer translator, and then printed the results in English. Here’s a pic of it in action:
If you want some more info on it, see here. I don’t think I have a copy of the program, so if someone does, send it my way and I’ll host it here.
I also think it’d be hilarious to play through the entire game with this thing – someone should do a full run of the game and make screenshots of the especially weird and wacky machine translations that show up. I’d love to make an article for EarthBound Central out of it 😀
Other Related Posts:
35 Comments to Automatic MOTHER 3 Translator
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Leeaux: This is cool. Man it must have taken forever for him to do all these though. Geez! Bless you Tomato! This is all I have while I wait on...
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...