MOTHER 3 in Retro Gamer
Remember this from last week? Well, I have other projects that I need to focus more on and I fear that if I go work on those, that I’ll forget about this MOTHER 3 text thing. So I’ve put up a very early version of the game’s script here:
There’s a lot I want to do with it, but for now you can check out the basic script. At some point when I come back to this, I’ll need help from a few people to change all the control codes to more specific things, assigning speaker names/sprites to each line, adding extra notes to lines, and highlighting special/unused lines.
Speaking of which, I haven’t had time to go in and highlight anything (aside from a few things I did as a test), so if people could scour through the text and list all unused lines or lines that reference the other EB games, that would help a lot. You can just post the block and line #s here in the comments of this post. Then, when I go back and do stuff, I can easily highlight them and such.
I already have most of the scripts written for all of what I want to do, it’s just that I lack time. I seem to always have so many ideas but never enough time to do even 10% of them. Maybe I should move to a planet with a longer rotational period.
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to A Quick Look at MOTHER 3’s Script
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...