Silly Nintendo, That’s the Wrong System
Remember this from last week? Well, I have other projects that I need to focus more on and I fear that if I go work on those, that I’ll forget about this MOTHER 3 text thing. So I’ve put up a very early version of the game’s script here:
There’s a lot I want to do with it, but for now you can check out the basic script. At some point when I come back to this, I’ll need help from a few people to change all the control codes to more specific things, assigning speaker names/sprites to each line, adding extra notes to lines, and highlighting special/unused lines.
Speaking of which, I haven’t had time to go in and highlight anything (aside from a few things I did as a test), so if people could scour through the text and list all unused lines or lines that reference the other EB games, that would help a lot. You can just post the block and line #s here in the comments of this post. Then, when I go back and do stuff, I can easily highlight them and such.
I already have most of the scripts written for all of what I want to do, it’s just that I lack time. I seem to always have so many ideas but never enough time to do even 10% of them. Maybe I should move to a planet with a longer rotational period.
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to A Quick Look at MOTHER 3’s Script
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...