August 27th, 2009 | Images, Merchandise

LucasTizma has been on an EarthBound merchandise rampage these past few months. Here’s all his latest stuff from Japan.

lucas-tizma-mother-stuff

Try to guess how much it is! It’s The Price is Right! Come on down!

Okay, now for the answer. Actual retail price: $1300 (highlight to see)

Crazy as that is, he’s found stuff that no one else here has ever bought before, so maybe there’ll be new scans and pics and stuff in the coming months 😀

28 Comments to A Load of MOTHER Stuff

Jeagle101 said on Aug. 27, 2009

*looks at price* WOAH O_o’

But still… I’m drooling at that collection

BottleRocket said on Aug. 27, 2009

Congratulations on collecting this much, LucasTizma! I’m so jealous! Hopefully there will be new scans of some of these one of a kind or very rare pieces.

mrsaturn95 said on Aug. 27, 2009

I bet it would be over twice that amount if he imported it.

Wil said on Aug. 27, 2009

Holy Cow! How did you amass that much money?!

Ice Sage said on Aug. 27, 2009

WOW! Good job on that collection! 😀

We should get some good, quality pics of one of the original Franklin Badges made for MOTHER – does anyone have one (If there’s one in LucasTizma’s awesome stash, I don’t see it.)? The MOTHER 3 ones are cool too, but I think the original 200 have become a bit obscure. Those things are RARE.

Don’t ask me why that came to mind, because I really don’t know either.

PsychicKid said on Aug. 27, 2009

Ahhhhgh I was close on the price, guessing $1350. Crazy stuff man.

Deiphobus said on Aug. 27, 2009

holy jesus on a bike

Halfsan said on Aug. 27, 2009

That’s quite the MOTHERload. 😮

HAK2 said on Aug. 27, 2009

you know, I’ve never seen a gold label MOTHER. Those any different?

and, also, MOTHER 2’s 15th b-day today.

woohoo!

santiagoff said on Aug. 27, 2009

._.

LucasTizma said on Aug. 27, 2009

Hey all! Thanks for the congrats. It was definitely awesome to finally get my stuff in from Japan. I’m still lacking a LOT of the “basics” (MOTHER 1+2, a few CDs, EarthBound, EarthBound player’s guide, etc. etc. etc.), which is shameful, but as you well know, it’s expensive collecting this stuff. D:

Anyway, I’m already “at work” on my next big import from The Land of the Rising Sun, so expect some more stuff over the next several months. I hope to catalog and scan as much stuff as I can if I can figure out how to store/display/protect all this stuff. :-\ I need to talk to a museum curator or whatever. LOL

Also just started taking Japanese lessons from a personal tutor, so maybe 15 years from now, I’ll have Mato’s awesome level of proficiency so I can actually read and enjoy all this stuff on a deeper level! 😀

Peace.

KingDarian said on Aug. 27, 2009

MAGAZINE SCANS PLZ K THNX BYE

Deraj626 said on Aug. 28, 2009

Very off subject, but I just downloaded a Earthbound rom for the first time and I need help. Whenever I go to load my game my file isn’t there. I have 2 possible reasons but I’m not sure how to fix them.

1. When I’m done playing I record and hit end. The only way to exit the program is to turn off the computer, so I do so.

2. I downloaded a ZSNES emulater along with the game, but when I open the game the emulater isn’t there, it’s just the game.

I hope somebody can help me so I’ll be able to get past Frank.

tapioca said on Aug. 28, 2009

lol what’s the hankie about?

LucasTizma said on Aug. 28, 2009

XD That was supposedly the neckerchief that was worn in the commercial for MOTHER. Something like that. Mato, can you elaborate on this?

Mato said on Aug. 28, 2009

I mention it in the merchandise part of this weekly roundup.

LucasTizma said on Aug. 28, 2009

Ah, that’s right! That’s why I jumped on it! Whether it’s the real deal or not, I figured it couldn’t hurt to own another bandana. 🙂

Ice Sage said on Aug. 28, 2009

Not to steal your thunder or anything, LucasTizma, but I just got myself a MOTHER 3 deluxe box! 😀

I didn’t really expect the Franklin Badge to be so thin… but who cares, it’s awesome! I know I already mentioned them yesterday, sorry. But while I’m on the subject – Mato, why does the Franklin Badge pic on the MOTHER anniversary page look so weird? Just wondering, because I thought they were yellow and the continents seem off…

Mato said on Aug. 28, 2009

The original Mother FBs are different from the Mother 3 ones if I recall. Or maybe I got the pic from somewhere weird, I don’t remember.

Ice Sage said on Aug. 28, 2009

OK, I found out why the FB pic is weird. It’s a pin someone made on zazzle made to look like the MOTHER 3 version (MOTHER’s are yellow/gold and MOTHER 3’s are white). Oh well, it’s not a big deal, I was just wondering. Thanks Mato! 😉

pidgezero_one said on Aug. 29, 2009

Awesome! I’ve only started collecting Mother-related things recently. Looks like I’ve got something to aspire to =)

Sisto said on Aug. 29, 2009

Wow. Just… Wow…

skyrunner14 said on Aug. 30, 2009

I envy your ownership of the fully boxed MOTHER and the MOTHER novel. Speaking of which, will you ever finish that

LucasTizma said on Aug. 31, 2009

Oh I can’t read Japanese that well at all, especially not kanji. I doubt I’ll ever be able to read it. 🙁 But MOTHER is my favorite of the three games, so of course, I want everything I can get from it. 🙂

Deraj626 said on Aug. 31, 2009

I figured out how to do save states now so I should be fine.

Hunter said on Sep. 5, 2009

*faints due to super high price*

Anonymous said on Feb. 5, 2010

I feel j..e..a..l..o..u..s..

*drool*

Anonymous said on Feb. 5, 2010

Darn. I want that ‘The Invadance’ CD…I’ve been looking for it everywhere(am currently collecting MOTHER music remixes)LucasTizma, you are so freakin’ lucky to have such an awesome collection.