EarthBound Teleport Bug?
July 26th, 2009 | Weekly Round-Up
Twenty-eight weeks down! For some reason, I get the feeling that Ness’s adventure probably lasted about that long. Seems about right to me anyway. I know the player’s guide tries to give some kind of timeframe too, but I forget what it is.
Anyway, in some ways 28 weeks is a long time. And for some things it seems very short. For EarthBound Central, it’s both at the same time.
Alright, that weirdness aside, let’s look at what happened this week!
- Didn’t have a whole lot of free time this week, but what little I did have was spent on this. When done, it can kill several birds with one stone and make a really good reference for EarthBound fans. Right now I’m just busy writing scripts to make the process a lot more streamlined. Once I get that set, I’ll let a few trusted people have at it so I can concentrate on EB Central and MOTHER 1+2.
- Also been busy on some other stuff I haven’t talked about yet. It’ll be unveiled very soon though 😀
- Already this is the last week of this month’s site design theme. Next month will probably be something that feels hot too.
- EarthBound Funktastic Summer Gameplay 2009 later this week!
- MOTHER 3 English translation version 1.1 was released!
- We looked at the old magazine article about MOTHER 3 in Europe
- Pretty cool fan-made EarthBound screenplay!
- xfis creates another cool EarthBound music crossover/parody
- Giygas spotted in a cup!
- Touhou & EarthBound crossover game
- A neat animation based on MOTHER 3’s graphics
- Mr. Saturn pancakes!
Cool Auctions & Merchandise
Things were a bit slower this week on eBay and elsewhere. Mostly lots of EarthBound carts and some import carts. Here are some of the more interesting things of the week, though.
Remember that you can check to see what EarthBound/MOTHER stuff is currently on eBay at any time here!
- EarthBound (box only) – good if you have a cart but want a box 😛
- EarthBound + Player’s Guide + Scratch n Sniff ad – it also comes with a map, but it looks like it’s a printout of a map I helped dump…
- MOTHER 1 soundtrack CD – with free shipping
- Really good deal on an EarthBound cart and a guide!
- MOTHER 2 cart for only $8.99!
- MOTHER 2 complete for a good price
And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:
- Giant Mr. Saturn plushie
- MOTHER 1 and MOTHER 2 novels
- Rare MOTHER 1+2 cell phone cleaner (Ana)
- Rare flier for Shigesato Itoi’s N64 fishing game
I also found this on Amazon:
- Amirita – I don’t know a lot about this book, but I know this excerpt is in it at least: Mikiko, for example, piped in, “Saku-chan, don’t you think that Shigesato Itoi does a horrible job at voice-overs?” “Maybe. But don’t …”
- Gaming Made Me Also
- Only seven people played EarthBound
- Greatest Video Game Garage Sale Ever
- Análise – EarthBound (SNes)
- Games I simply could not sell
- Earth Bound/Mother (NES) a.k.a. EarthBound Zero
- Mother 3 plot
- Brawl texture hack – Threed
- And now back to our regularly scheduled programming
- Forte’s Sprites n’ Comics
- Harmony comic updated
- The Chosen Four comic updated
- Taken comic updated
- Of Pigs and Masks comic updated
- Shark Attack comic updated
- Heroes of MOTHER 3 forum game
- New version of Saturn Valley Online is out!
- Rufus and pals create more awesomeness with an updated EB++ tool for hackers
I’m negative five years old, so I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!
What’s Up With Itoi
- There was a solar eclipse earlier this week, and it was a big deal for people in Japan because parts of Japan saw it as a total eclipse. Itoi talked about how everyone nowadays knows what an eclipse is because we’ve been taught, but he wonders how it would seem if he had never been taught about it. He thinks he (and others) might react with, “Wait, does this happen sometimes?” and be calm about it. But didn’t most cultures in the old days see it as impending doom and freak out like crazy?
- Itoi also got really, really mad for the first time in years. He didn’t say what it was about, but he said he didn’t like that feeling at all and talked about it in some detail.
- Itoi’s also visiting the Shikoku area of Japan right now. That’s kind of like the middle of nowhere and not even part of Japan’s main island, so I wonder why he’s there all by himself.
Some cool stuff coming early this week, with the rest of the week consisting mostly of me trying to reduce the huge pile that the news queue has turned into. Many sorries to people who’ve sent news/links in but haven’t had the stuff get on the site yet. I kind of underestimated how much content this blog would get and the kind of response it would get so I’m playing lots of catch-up lately. Plus with all my other projects, it’s amazing I still have time for sleep 😛
I wonder how long Mr. Saturns tend to live.
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #28
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.
- Leeaux: Mato! We miss you! Come back to us!