July 26th, 2009 | Weekly Round-Up

Twenty-eight weeks down! For some reason, I get the feeling that Ness’s adventure probably lasted about that long. Seems about right to me anyway. I know the player’s guide tries to give some kind of timeframe too, but I forget what it is.

Anyway, in some ways 28 weeks is a long time. And for some things it seems very short. For EarthBound Central, it’s both at the same time.

Alright, that weirdness aside, let’s look at what happened this week!

Site News

• Didn’t have a whole lot of free time this week, but what little I did have was spent on this. When done, it can kill several birds with one stone and make a really good reference for EarthBound fans. Right now I’m just busy writing scripts to make the process a lot more streamlined. Once I get that set, I’ll let a few trusted people have at it so I can concentrate on EB Central and MOTHER 1+2.
  • Also been busy on some other stuff I haven’t talked about yet. It’ll be unveiled very soon though :D
  • Already this is the last week of this month’s site design theme. Next month will probably be something that feels hot too.

EarthBound News

Cool Auctions & Merchandise

Things were a bit slower this week on eBay and elsewhere. Mostly lots of EarthBound carts and some import carts. Here are some of the more interesting things of the week, though.

Remember that you can check to see what EarthBound/MOTHER stuff is currently on eBay at any time here!

And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:

I also found this on Amazon:

• Amirita – I don’t know a lot about this book, but I know this excerpt is in it at least: Mikiko, for example, piped in, “Saku-chan, don’t you think that Shigesato Itoi does a horrible job at voice-overs?” “Maybe. But don’t …”

Community News

I’m negative five years old, so I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!

What’s Up With Itoi

• There was a solar eclipse earlier this week, and it was a big deal for people in Japan because parts of Japan saw it as a total eclipse. Itoi talked about how everyone nowadays knows what an eclipse is because we’ve been taught, but he wonders how it would seem if he had never been taught about it. He thinks he (and others) might react with, “Wait, does this happen sometimes?” and be calm about it. But didn’t most cultures in the old days see it as impending doom and freak out like crazy?
  • Itoi also got really, really mad for the first time in years. He didn’t say what it was about, but he said he didn’t like that feeling at all and talked about it in some detail.
  • Itoi’s also visiting the Shikoku area of Japan right now. That’s kind of like the middle of nowhere and not even part of Japan’s main island, so I wonder why he’s there all by himself.

Upcoming Stuff

Some cool stuff coming early this week, with the rest of the week consisting mostly of me trying to reduce the huge pile that the news queue has turned into. Many sorries to people who’ve sent news/links in but haven’t had the stuff get on the site yet. I kind of underestimated how much content this blog would get and the kind of response it would get so I’m playing lots of catch-up lately. Plus with all my other projects, it’s amazing I still have time for sleep :P

End

I wonder how long Mr. Saturns tend to live.

18 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #28

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Jul. 26, 2009

“I wonder how long Mr. Saturns tend to live.”

They are older than time itself.

Xi said on Jul. 26, 2009

When I got my Big Mr. Saturn in, I noticed his big hair (with the bow) was to the side, so I stood it up, for it promptly to fall down again. It is bendable and posable as I’d thought, but if it’s weight is mostly on the right it will fall over to rest on his head. I have watched some Mr. Saturn unboxings and it seems that at least a few Mr. Saturns their hairs will naturally fall down, but I could swear that most of them it seems that no matter which position you put the big hair in, it will stand up by itself.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it a problem? Does anyone know what I am referring to?

Xi said on Jul. 26, 2009

(My fiancee just moved to the Shimane prefecture for two years to teach English, so I must soothe my pain by spending my spare time worrying about the hair on plush toys.)

Saturnome said on Jul. 26, 2009

I’d love a new M2EB article…! That’s all I have to say : )

chimera said on Jul. 26, 2009

with this new EB++ hack, could it be possible to make the fobbies are borange hack?

santiagoff said on Jul. 26, 2009

I think Mr. Saturns never die ;S

Poe said on Jul. 26, 2009

Mr. Saturns burst into confetti once they reach their 1101st birthday and more Mr. Saturns are born from the pretty colors.

Zinco said on Jul. 26, 2009

Yeah, being extremely angry is pretty much the worst. You can feel agitated for the rest of the day, you can’t be rational about the actions you take, and you end up being a dick to everybody. Life got better when I mellowed out to a degree that I don’t get angry at things too often anymore, although it’s nearly impossible to avoid if someone steals something from you or otherwise wrongs you badly.

Jeagle101 said on Jul. 26, 2009

I can’t really imagine how long a Mr. Saturn can live… Maybe they never die? I hope they never do, they’re awesome :D

Shichiji said on Jul. 26, 2009

I imagine Saturns cannot die, seeing as though they have no females to reproduce with

Pigmask Private said on Jul. 26, 2009

There is at least one female Mr. Saturn in MOTHER 3.

Kinda like Smurfette…

wishydude said on Jul. 26, 2009

mr. saturns live live until they run out of boings and zooms

also the biggest that happens next week that i didnt see in the upcoming stuff is tomorrow, being the series 10th anniversery XD

Grok said on Jul. 26, 2009

where is that first image from?
A fan movie?

Ness-Ninten-Lucas said on Jul. 27, 2009

It’s the 20th anniversary of MOTHER right now! Mr. Saturns have become immortal!

Poe said on Jul. 27, 2009

Grok – it’s from the Japanese MOTHER commercial.

Grok said on Jul. 28, 2009

thanks.

Mr. Jupiter said on Jul. 30, 2009

They live to be OVER 9000!

onkyoulchag said on Aug. 22, 2011