EarthBound Reshuffler Source Code Released
July 19th, 2009 | Weekly Round-Up
Another seven revolutions of our spherical world has transpired.
Also, if you happened to see a haunted video tape last week, you are now dead.
How about I sharpen you? I just love sharpening. You don’t want me to sharpen?
Anywho, there was some neat stuff this week, so let’s quickly look back at what happened.
- The version 1.1 MOTHER 3 translation patch is ready to go, we’re just waiting on reid to update the site now, since I lack full access. If you see him, bug him!
- MOTHER 1+2 editing phase is still progressing ever-so-slowly. But it’s moving! But if anyone were to donate a winning lottery ticket I’m sure that’d give me a lot more free time during the day 😛
- After basically watching stuff on eBay and other sites sell day after day for over six months, I’ve been thinking of making a kind of pricing guide for EarthBound stuff. I don’t know when I’ll have the time to put it together, but it could be useful and interesting. Seeing people unwittingly pay like $800 for things that others get for $150 is lame. But I’m sure there’s a whole science to pricing guides so I’ll have to study up on that first.
- Some stuff about ROID, The Another World, and the MOTHER series
- Lucas and Ness are the most likely names for EarthBound fans’ babies
- Some unused intro animation stuff found in EarthBound!
- Awesome live performance of MOTHER 3 music
- A very brave EarthBound cosplayer 😯
- EarthBound hacked to have a MOTHER 3-like intro
- Some cool fan-made plushies for sale!
- 3D Onett game
Cool Auctions & Merchandise
A ton of stuff went up on eBay this week. It’s rare that the # of EarthBound items goes over the 200 mark, but it was over that this entire week, partly because a bunch of official keychains were put up for sale:
Here’s a bunch of other neat stuff that popped up this week, so check it out. Also remember that you can check to see what EarthBound/MOTHER stuff is currently on eBay at any time here!
- Giant Mr. Saturn plushie for a very reasonable price – your best chance to get one!
- Copy of MOTHER 2 for only $8.99
- Mr. Saturn cellphone strap and Mr. Saturn keychain – both very rare!
- Copy of MOTHER 2 that’s upside down for some reason
- EarthBound + Box + Player’s Guide with free shipping
- Mach Pizza air freshener
- Expensive-ish EarthBound display box
And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:
- MOTHER 2 bandana? – this is the first I’ve heard of these, but the description says that it’s a bandana Takuya Kimura (the guy in the MOTHER 2 commercials) wore for promotional purposes and that the letter N in the pattern is there to signify Nintendo. And apparently you could get these bandanas at select shops when MOTHER 2 came out. If this is real, then this is indeed VERY rare. I haven’t done any research into the matter yet, so I don’t know if it’s true or not. But it’s going for pretty cheap so it might be a chance to get a possibly super-rare item for a bargain. Also, this particular bandana is unused.
- MOTHER 1+2 artbook + Mr. Saturn plushie – not unopened, so it’s more affordable
- Unopened, super rare Slot Machine Brothers card game!!!
I also found some stuff on Amazon:
- Another good deal on EarthBound carts this week at Amazon
- A decently-priced EB strategy guide is up this week
- Iron Chef: The Official Book – Itoi was on Iron Chef a few times, and from what I heard he’s mentioned a few times in this book too. I’d like to know more, so if anyone has the book already or if anyone gets it at somepoint, let me know!
- EarthBound Saga #5 delayed until 2010
- EarthBound Zero RPGMaker remake probably dead
- EarthBound in Portuguese demo patch!
- The Biggest & Baddest Badasses In Video Games
- First five minutes of MOTHER 3 translated into Spanish!
- Heroes of MOTHER 3 forum game
- The Nintendo Saga forum game
- Super Starmen Bros. Brawl
- Adventure of Pigmask forum game
- Harmony comic updated
- Of Pigs and Masks comic updated
- All is Devastation comic
- Birdy & Chimera comic updated
- Updates to “Unearthed”, one of the most ambitious EarthBound ROM hacks ever 😀
I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!
What’s Up With Itoi
- Itoi’s dog Boullion turned six this week. Apparently she’s the dog of some important actress dog. Every birthday, Boullion and her sister and their mother have a reunion. Itoi talked about how time flies and thought back to the days Boullion was a puppy. Also, he linked to this, which I never saw before. Apparently that’s puppy Boullion somewhere on that page.
Hmm, no plans for this week, still just gonna try to go through the update queue some more. I feel bad that people have sent in stuff but have had to wait so long to get it on the site. Once the queue is empty (it’s quite large at the moment) then I’ll have to start planning things out 😛
One time I dreamed I somehow got to visit HAL Labs and they had some game museum there. Somehow a bunch of other EarthBound fans showed up and then we found EarthBound 64 over in some corner, but then I woke up before we could play it. Even in dream form, the game is out of reach, heh. And then I dreamed about boobs and explosions and beer.
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #27
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...