EarthBound’s Copy Protection
The other day, master programmer Rufus decided to take a look at how the EarthBound intro stuff was programmed. He found a lot of useful info for people who are wanting to hack the game, but he also found two parts of the intro animation that went left unused. So I made a video showing the final animation + the two unused ones:
The reason the party walks through a character and walks into a fence is probably because these intro segments were ditched before they could be fine-tuned. Plus, we know that the final version of Threed is different from the original version, so it’s possible that the animation was originally meant for the old version of Threed’s map.
If you want to see these two animations for yourself, use these two Game Genie codes. They’ll change the first two animation segments into the unused ones.
Anyway, it’s cool that even after all these years, we’re finding neat, unused stuff like this deep in the game. I wonder what else is hiding in there 😀
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to Unused EarthBound Intro Stuff
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY
- adex: “Mother2fan” is just some perverted eurocreep who thinks females should be subjected to the naked male form whenever the...