Slime TV’s MOTHER 3 Review
The other day, master programmer Rufus decided to take a look at how the EarthBound intro stuff was programmed. He found a lot of useful info for people who are wanting to hack the game, but he also found two parts of the intro animation that went left unused. So I made a video showing the final animation + the two unused ones:
The reason the party walks through a character and walks into a fence is probably because these intro segments were ditched before they could be fine-tuned. Plus, we know that the final version of Threed is different from the original version, so it’s possible that the animation was originally meant for the old version of Threed’s map.
If you want to see these two animations for yourself, use these two Game Genie codes. They’ll change the first two animation segments into the unused ones.
Anyway, it’s cool that even after all these years, we’re finding neat, unused stuff like this deep in the game. I wonder what else is hiding in there 😀
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to Unused EarthBound Intro Stuff
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.