The Movie That Inspired Giygas
The other day, master programmer Rufus decided to take a look at how the EarthBound intro stuff was programmed. He found a lot of useful info for people who are wanting to hack the game, but he also found two parts of the intro animation that went left unused. So I made a video showing the final animation + the two unused ones:
The reason the party walks through a character and walks into a fence is probably because these intro segments were ditched before they could be fine-tuned. Plus, we know that the final version of Threed is different from the original version, so it’s possible that the animation was originally meant for the old version of Threed’s map.
If you want to see these two animations for yourself, use these two Game Genie codes. They’ll change the first two animation segments into the unused ones.
Anyway, it’s cool that even after all these years, we’re finding neat, unused stuff like this deep in the game. I wonder what else is hiding in there 😀
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to Unused EarthBound Intro Stuff
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues