Weekly Round-Up #36
The other day, master programmer Rufus decided to take a look at how the EarthBound intro stuff was programmed. He found a lot of useful info for people who are wanting to hack the game, but he also found two parts of the intro animation that went left unused. So I made a video showing the final animation + the two unused ones:
The reason the party walks through a character and walks into a fence is probably because these intro segments were ditched before they could be fine-tuned. Plus, we know that the final version of Threed is different from the original version, so it’s possible that the animation was originally meant for the old version of Threed’s map.
If you want to see these two animations for yourself, use these two Game Genie codes. They’ll change the first two animation segments into the unused ones.
Anyway, it’s cool that even after all these years, we’re finding neat, unused stuff like this deep in the game. I wonder what else is hiding in there 😀
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to Unused EarthBound Intro Stuff
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...