Just Slap EarthBound On It
The other day, master programmer Rufus decided to take a look at how the EarthBound intro stuff was programmed. He found a lot of useful info for people who are wanting to hack the game, but he also found two parts of the intro animation that went left unused. So I made a video showing the final animation + the two unused ones:
The reason the party walks through a character and walks into a fence is probably because these intro segments were ditched before they could be fine-tuned. Plus, we know that the final version of Threed is different from the original version, so it’s possible that the animation was originally meant for the old version of Threed’s map.
If you want to see these two animations for yourself, use these two Game Genie codes. They’ll change the first two animation segments into the unused ones.
Anyway, it’s cool that even after all these years, we’re finding neat, unused stuff like this deep in the game. I wonder what else is hiding in there 😀
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to Unused EarthBound Intro Stuff
- Mike: Also, I have to post once more to say: The cover texture effect is incredible and so Earthboundy. So many details like that make this utterly...
- Mike: I just received my copy this week, and it is amazing. The fact that you didn’t just throw a bunch of Earthbound localization facts, but...
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!