EarthBound Player’s Guide PDFs
Yesterday I posted an EarthBound preview by Total! magazine, an old European magazine. Today is the actual review!
From a technical standpoint, I think this might actually be the best EarthBound review we’ve dug up so far. The review spans four pages, has pictures from many different parts of the game instead of just Onett, and the reviewer actually played all the way through the game! But more than that, the reviewer criticized what really deserves criticism (basic gameplay, simple graphics might be off-putting), didn’t go overboard and exaggerate things to one extreme or another, and gives due praise for what went on to keep the game alive and kicking 15 years later.
The reviewer wasn’t immune to the “let’s make dumb and not funny caption comments” syndrome though. Seems like every magazine article about the MOTHER / EarthBound games falls victim to this 😛
Compare that to the other reviews of EarthBound and you’ll see that this one is really good as far as reviews go.
Thanks again to Niall Lynch for the scans!
Other Related Posts:
50 Comments to Total!’s EarthBound Review
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues