Popular Posts:None found
Remember that upcoming Japanese game for the ROID service that looks a lot like EarthBound? If you don’t, see here. As you may or may not recall, it turned out to be a cell phone version of Level 5’s “The Another World”. A much fancier DS version comes out very soon, so I guess the ROID one is mean to be like a side story.
Anyway, apparently the August 2009 issue of Nintendo Dream has an interview with the company’s president, and he mentioned that while lots of RPGs are compared to Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, the DS version of The Another World is “closer to another certain RPG”. He also touches on the topic of the ROID version of the game and says that it was designed with the MOTHER series in mind.
I don’t have a copy of the magazine and I don’t have any scans, so I can’t translate the interview. If someone in Japan could snag a copy and get some scans, that’d be very helpful though 😀
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to Some ROID Rumblings
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.