Fan-made MOTHER Series Figures
About two weeks after MOTHER 3 was released in Japan in 2006, Official Nintendo Magazine (the equivalent of Nintendo Power for Europe) printed an article that seemed to indicate the game would be translated into English and released in Europe by the end of 2006.
Here’s the article:
(click to enlarge, PS does anyone have a nicer-looking scan?)
As usual, EarthBound fans were very excited and very doubtful at the same time. The fact that the magazine couldn’t even name EarthBound’s main character correctly didn’t help matters either. In the end, we all know how this turned out, but I thought I’d dig it up again since it’s been a while.
Still, I wonder how an official translation would’ve turned out. I think I would’ve much rather have had an official release than the version we have now, if only for legitimacy’s sake. Would’ve been nice to buy (even if it meant important from Europe) a real copy of the game in English.
Other Related Posts:
57 Comments to Old MOTHER 3 in Europe Rumor
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic