MOTHER 3 Plushie Mania!
About two weeks after MOTHER 3 was released in Japan in 2006, Official Nintendo Magazine (the equivalent of Nintendo Power for Europe) printed an article that seemed to indicate the game would be translated into English and released in Europe by the end of 2006.
Here’s the article:
(click to enlarge, PS does anyone have a nicer-looking scan?)
As usual, EarthBound fans were very excited and very doubtful at the same time. The fact that the magazine couldn’t even name EarthBound’s main character correctly didn’t help matters either. In the end, we all know how this turned out, but I thought I’d dig it up again since it’s been a while.
Still, I wonder how an official translation would’ve turned out. I think I would’ve much rather have had an official release than the version we have now, if only for legitimacy’s sake. Would’ve been nice to buy (even if it meant important from Europe) a real copy of the game in English.
Other Related Posts:
57 Comments to Old MOTHER 3 in Europe Rumor
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.