EarthBound Baby Names
About two weeks after MOTHER 3 was released in Japan in 2006, Official Nintendo Magazine (the equivalent of Nintendo Power for Europe) printed an article that seemed to indicate the game would be translated into English and released in Europe by the end of 2006.
Here’s the article:
(click to enlarge, PS does anyone have a nicer-looking scan?)
As usual, EarthBound fans were very excited and very doubtful at the same time. The fact that the magazine couldn’t even name EarthBound’s main character correctly didn’t help matters either. In the end, we all know how this turned out, but I thought I’d dig it up again since it’s been a while.
Still, I wonder how an official translation would’ve turned out. I think I would’ve much rather have had an official release than the version we have now, if only for legitimacy’s sake. Would’ve been nice to buy (even if it meant important from Europe) a real copy of the game in English.
Other Related Posts:
57 Comments to Old MOTHER 3 in Europe Rumor
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...