Earthbound Super Nintendo SNES Cartridge Cart Game Earth Bound

July 5th, 2009 | EarthBound

With the U.S. Independence Day festivities still fresh in memory, the 1UP RPG Blog has posted an article titled “Character Building: Ness’s American/Family Ties”. You can read it here.

8 Comments to Ness’s American/Family Ties

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Jul. 5, 2009

“Are they separated? Is he incarcerated? Or is he just trapped at work under lock and key?”

The phone is a robot programmed by Ness’ mother. Notice how it always says the same thing? It only has a few pre-recorded speech modules. Ness’ real father never existed. Ness was a test tube baby. Tracy was born to artificial insemination.

We’ll be right back with “EB: Behind the Music.”

Deiphobus said on Jul. 6, 2009

and jeff is a robot.

SMAAAAAAASH!

TBird said on Jul. 6, 2009

I’m not too familiar with Japanese culture (thankfully this site is done by someone who is), but the always-at-work-dad seems to be a common Japanese archetype. Of course we do have the “Cat’s in the Cradle” type dad who misses his kid growing up. Hell that was pretty much the lesson of the movie “Hook.”

Xi said on Jul. 6, 2009

I wonder if these guys have ever seen the mock-up planet Earth with arrows pointing towards where Itoi feels all the cities/countries are located.

I wonder how much time Itoi himself has spent in America?

Claus said on Jul. 6, 2009

In his backyard??

Claus said on Jul. 6, 2009

In his backyard?

Claus said on Jul. 6, 2009

(Whoops!)

Wil said on Jul. 7, 2009

@Xi: Such a thing exists?