July 9th, 2009 | Merchandise, MOTHER 3

It’s taken a while, but the free online version of the MOTHER 3 Handbook is now up. You can see it here.

MOTHER 3 Handbook Free Online Version

There’s also a PDF version available, and you can also pick up a bronze/gold-ish version of the Courage Badge keychain for $10. They’re not exactly the same as the original preorder keychains (well, they’re the same except for the metal and paint used), but for those who missed the original preorder bonus keychains, this is your chance to get the next best thing.

new Courage Badge keychain

And of course you can still get a print version of the book. You can even get the print version + PDF + keychain in a combo pack it looks like.

22 Comments to MOTHER 3 Handbook Online Version

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Jul. 9, 2009

That bronze Courage Badge is lookin’ p. spiff. I have my regular Courage Badge on my key ring in case of lightning strikes on the go.

mrsaturn95 said on Jul. 9, 2009

Even though I already have the preorder set, I’m tempted to buy another! I’d love a printer friendly version.

MrChucho said on Jul. 9, 2009

I still think the book is about the best thing ever.

NeonSquid said on Jul. 9, 2009

**** Yeah!

Miles Vialpando (PK ELECTION) said on Jul. 9, 2009

I feel like tapioca pudding inside now…

Or maybe trout yogurt.

Elobo said on Jul. 9, 2009

Yeah, the new courage badge is pretty awesome, I decided to get this one too. Means my preorder chain won’t have to be scuffed.

I’d still wholeheartedly recommend the print version of the book, but there are benefits to both formats.

Plushraysetiger said on Jul. 9, 2009

I missed out on the preorder so I’m definitely getting that keychain to go along with my handbook. 😀

Wil said on Jul. 9, 2009

Now I don’t feel that bad about missing out on the pre-order keychain. I do have the book and it stomps the official nintendo earthbound strategy guide.

Yeah Fangamer!

kamuikurou said on Jul. 9, 2009

Just fantastic. So much love was put into the book.

I wonder why the pages are different than kotaku screenshot? Is that the early version?

Claus said on Jul. 9, 2009

Since when does Claus poke fun at Lucas?

Mato said on Jul. 9, 2009

kamuikurou: It looks like that kotaku article was about when the handbook was first announced and a preview of the prologue was put online. The print version of the book matches with what’s on the site.

Clasu: I’m assuming that’s a reference to the stuff he says before you learn how to ram into stuff, and/or when you try ramming into him. I didn’t write the guide though so maybe it’s talking about something else.

gBev said on Jul. 9, 2009

I never ordered one myself, so it’s good to finally see this up. Very well done, probably better than anything NOA would have thrown out with an official release.

owls said on Jul. 9, 2009

i bought one but now i feel bad because i didnt think
i’d end up spending almost $100
well now ill be decked out in swag

sammy said on Jul. 9, 2009

I dunno what this keychain is like, but I have the preorder one and it is a really awesome quality. If you don’t have the preorder one, get this!!!!!!!

DavemanDeluxe said on Jul. 10, 2009

I might buy the non-pre-order Courage Badge. I have the pre-order one and the paint is starting to chip.

Claus said on Jul. 10, 2009

Uhh Mato?
Clasu??

Mato said on Jul. 10, 2009

I don’t have time these days to proofread my stuff, heh.

lishakara said on Jul. 13, 2009

I went through the whole of it and I gotta say, it’s great! It’s engaging and funny (especially for a strategy guide) and it’s, y’know, actually useful…

killa400 said on Jul. 14, 2009

pk baboooooommmmmmm

ZPE said on Jul. 16, 2009

The original keychain isn’t the greatest, the silver paint is coming off bit by bit but I suppose the same can be said for other owners. The new one looks even more prone to wear and tear.

Bro said on Jul. 31, 2009

Free online version? And to think I pirated the .pdf one, oh well.

A friendly dude said on Oct. 5, 2009

The book looks awesome, do they post to the UK? $30 is a freakin’ bargain.

Cheers 🙂