July 1st, 2009 | Auctions, MOTHER 1

About a week ago, a rare game collector put up a known EarthBound Zero prototype cart on eBay. These things go for a lot – this particular one sold for nearly $1500!

It was most likely a rare game/prototype collector who forked over all that money. I can’t see many EarthBound fans spending that much money on it for some reason. But if I’m wrong, that’d be cool 😛

18 Comments to EB Zero Proto Sells for $1500

Miles Vialpando (PK ELECTION) said on Jul. 1, 2009

Wow…. I may want to save up to get a boxed EB set. haha

PSInesslove93 said on Jul. 1, 2009

wow that’s a lot… i hope whoever bought it enjoys it. im trying to convince my parents to buy me a mother 3 deluxe box set for my birthday and/or a giant mr saturn plushie lol

Spitball Sparky said on Jul. 1, 2009

If I had an infinite amount of money or got an allowance like Ness does, I wouldn’t mind having this, but when you get right down to it, the guy who won the thing is playing the same game we’re playing with the ROM, so I guess it’s all good.

sticktendo said on Jul. 1, 2009

Wow. I would definetly spend that much if I had that much, just to show how insane I am.

SmaMan said on Jul. 1, 2009

Wow… I’m satisfied with my mint-condition copy of the Japanese GB game “X” being the gem of my collection… for now anyway.

Ice Sage said on Jul. 1, 2009

It’s a good thing there’s the ROM we can all play, otherwise I don’t think very many of us would be able to play this game.

For the record, I would never spend that much money on something like this, even if I loved the game to death (which I do 😀 ).

Someone Else said on Jul. 2, 2009

I wonder if the winner of the auction knows about Starmen.Net?

Deiphobus said on Jul. 2, 2009

and the theme just happens to be scaraba?

JPEEZY said on Jul. 2, 2009

What does the theme of the site have to do with the auction?

chimera said on Jul. 2, 2009

Yeah man, this really cleaned me out, but I figure it will be worth a ton in a few years, I may even get a few thousand more for it!

Wil said on Jul. 2, 2009

@SmaMan: I’m glad I’m not the only one that has a copy of X. Except mine’s not mint.. =(

santiagoff said on Jul. 3, 2009

O_____O

Digitalized said on Jul. 3, 2009

AAAAAAAH! I- it- it’s real!

Leirin said on Jul. 6, 2009

I’m still pretty astounded we even found one of these. Expensive, but still amazing!

chimera said on Jul. 25, 2009

Hope no one beleived me about that, it was just a joke to see peoples responses

God of EarthBound said on Nov. 18, 2009

This Guy lives in ohio who bought i
my arthodonist had it and sold it on
ebay for 1500
so knock on every ones door in ohio and say
“gotta a NES EarthBound Prototype dude”
there is all i got to say.
PLUS I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW.

Lothis said on Nov. 25, 2009

The next time one of these goes on sale, I hope to have a good job, because if I do I WILL buy it – assuming Tomato has confirmed it as one of the known real copies. As it stands though, I’m two weeks shy of getting my degree… if only the seller had held out a little longer.

Matteomax said on Aug. 4, 2011

Jeez! What’s next, an earthbound 64 demo cart?!?!

Find Merchandise!