July 4th, 2009 | Auctions, EarthBound

Someone recently put a big SNES RPG auction on eBay – some 25-ish games, including EarthBound. Here are just some of the games included, see the actual auction page for a full list + details.

I gotta say though, that Buy-It-Now price of $3500 seems a bit crazy. I’m not sure what the reserve price is, but hopefully it’s a lot less or this stuff will never sell 😯

23 Comments to Big and Crazy SNES RPG Auction

chimera said on Jul. 4, 2009

this… it’s… it’s… the best auction on ebay to ever be seen by the eyes of man.

Mistermister said on Jul. 4, 2009

My god…..He should give all these games to his children! So that they grow up with actual classics!

All these SNES gems….*drools*

zedrein said on Jul. 4, 2009

$3,500?! bwahahahahahaha!! I should offer that schmuck 3,500 doll-hairs and see what sorta reaction I get.

Greenzsx87 said on Jul. 4, 2009

That image made my eyes bleed out of my skull.

Ector said on Jul. 4, 2009

Yay, EB and both SNES Final Fantasy games. If it were just those three games minus about $3400 I would consider buying it.

Digitalized said on Jul. 4, 2009

Shooo… That’s a ton of RPGs!

Steve! said on Jul. 4, 2009

I would think about biding if the auction wasn’t already over $300 and if the buy it now price was less than $3500.

santiagoff said on Jul. 4, 2009

Oh god. What’s next, EarthBound for $7,000? =_=

rawpower said on Jul. 4, 2009

Idiots think they can make us cough up all this money all of a sudden because we like it so much. For goodness sake don’t buy it. Wait for this sucker to lower the price.

anon e. mouse said on Jul. 4, 2009

I can’t wait until eb fans get so old that they can’t be bothered to throw money away at astronomically priced auctions so I might finally get a complete copy for less than a G.

YAOMTC said on Jul. 4, 2009

Here’s the list.

1. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest(general shelf wear, not major, shows its age basically, only has map and manual as well as box and game of course)
2. Final Fantasy II a.k.a 4 in japan-mint, like new 100%complete
3. Final Fantasy III a.k.a. 6 in japan-Mint like new 100% complete
4. Chrono Trigger (general shelf wear on box, shows its age but all still in very good shape, only missing the survey card
5. Secret of Mana, mint like new and 100% complete
6. Secret of Evermore, mint like new and 100% complete
7. Soul Blazer, mint like new and 100%complete
8. Brain Lord, mint like new and 100% complete
9. Super Mario RPG, near mint and 100%complete
10. 7th Saga, near mint, only has manual and poster, missing a survey card, not sure if there was anything else that originally came w/it or not besides a precautions pamphlet and advertisement pamphlet
11. Illusion of Gaia, mint like new and 100% complete
12. Breath of Fire, mint like new and 100%complete
13. Breath of Fire II, near mint and 100% complete(the poster/chart does have a few very small spots of some sort,maybe a fingerprint stain? only reason is NM and not MINT
14. E.V.O, very good condition, general shelf wear on box, only has manual, no idea what other(if any)posters or charts etc came with it.
15. Brandish,near mint and I think 100%complete(no idea if came w/any charts)poster has pin hole marks whixch is what keeps this from being mint.
16. Ogre Battle, near mint, very slight wear on box-very minor, same goes for both charts as well, missing manual and survey card.
17. Lufia and The Fortress of Doom. near mint and 100% complete(map has very small,minor wear,no rips or tares)
18. Lufia II:Rise of The Sinistrals,mint like new 100%complete
19. Robotrek, mint like new and 100% complete
20. Paladin’s Quest, mint like new and 100%complete
21. Zelda:A Link To The Past, near mint, has map and manual only, no other inserts. Probly missing a survey card(dont know if it had one originally or not)and pamphlets.
22. Equinox, very good condition, general wear on box, only has manual.
23. Earthbound, cartridge only.

SmaMan said on Jul. 4, 2009

Hmm, he also said he was including Seiken Densetsu 3 and a few other Super Famicom RPGs.

biehlza said on Jul. 4, 2009

Oh! Such a beautiful collection…
(sheds tear)

pooppoop said on Jul. 5, 2009

i don’t know how many of you played e.v.o.
but my god is that a beautiful game

i love it in an earthbound kind of way, even though they’re not much alike

Viewtiful_justin said on Jul. 6, 2009

I peed a little.

Jeagle101 said on Jul. 8, 2009

Mmmm… My RPG Gaming senses are itching to have this collection.

ZombiePaul said on Jul. 8, 2009

EVO is amazing! It’s one of my favorites and I still play it from time to time. The music is fantastic and some of the tracks are some of my favorites of all time. If you like games with a very distinct personallity (Like EB) then you’ll probably dig it. Go try it out 🙂

Madmofo said on Jul. 9, 2009

I wish I took better care of my games as a kid, I still own 16 of the games on that list, but no boxes and the EB strategy guide has been very well used over the years. I may have to try EVO out at some point though, I keep forgetting that game existed. Still I prefer my way of treating my games, in that I lent them out to all my friends without regard for condition so that everyone new the joy of a good ol snes rpg. FFIII (VI) was lent out more times then I can keep track of.

Not an idiot said on Aug. 25, 2009

As you see it went for about 2000, it could’ve gone for more, the seller has posted another one (the exact same games for sale) at buy it now for 3500. Someone will pay. And its not that un reasonable

IAMCARBONDOG said on Jan. 23, 2011

idk why everyone is flipping out so bad in essence its not that bad and some of these games are REALLY hard to find like E.V.O. and Ogre Battle in box. Thats amazing already not to mention all the other gems

Plus most of them were mint.

Anonymous said on Jan. 24, 2011

….. I need to change my pants ’cause if I were president and this was an emergency I would call code brown.

Floridian said on Jan. 24, 2011