Winters in Smash Bros. Brawl
July 22nd, 2009 | MOTHER 3
I’d been considering doing something like this for a while, and my recent work on the MOTHER 3 1.1 patch helped get my enthusiasm back. Plus, the 1.1 script has fewer problems now.
Basically, I’m taking the script, sticking it into a database, and then adding lots of other useful info. People will be able to see the entire script online, including the unused text, which I can easily mark so that they’ll be highlighted. I can also include notes about lines if I feel like it, and I can mark lines with other stuff, like ones that are references to previous games. Basically, lots of neat stuff will be possible.
I found myself with a few spare hours this afternoon, so I started on it. Here’s a very very early preview pic:
Probably at some point in the next few weeks I’ll need to get help from a number of people to help tidy some things up – lots of control codes are still in the text and they need to be changed, and the speaker names/speaker sprites all need to be added too. Stuff like that.
Anyway, it’s nothing much, but this is kind of like how after the patch’s release we released a zip file of all the sprites in the game. To this day people are still searching through all the sprites and discovering new things. This will be like that, except with the game’s text 😀
Other Related Posts:
22 Comments to A Tiny Little Preview
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.