MOTHER 3 Cockney Mice
July 22nd, 2009 | MOTHER 3
I’d been considering doing something like this for a while, and my recent work on the MOTHER 3 1.1 patch helped get my enthusiasm back. Plus, the 1.1 script has fewer problems now.
Basically, I’m taking the script, sticking it into a database, and then adding lots of other useful info. People will be able to see the entire script online, including the unused text, which I can easily mark so that they’ll be highlighted. I can also include notes about lines if I feel like it, and I can mark lines with other stuff, like ones that are references to previous games. Basically, lots of neat stuff will be possible.
I found myself with a few spare hours this afternoon, so I started on it. Here’s a very very early preview pic:
Probably at some point in the next few weeks I’ll need to get help from a number of people to help tidy some things up – lots of control codes are still in the text and they need to be changed, and the speaker names/speaker sprites all need to be added too. Stuff like that.
Anyway, it’s nothing much, but this is kind of like how after the patch’s release we released a zip file of all the sprites in the game. To this day people are still searching through all the sprites and discovering new things. This will be like that, except with the game’s text 😀
Other Related Posts:
22 Comments to A Tiny Little Preview
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...