Postcards for EarthBound
Yesterday, I posted this in celebration of MOTHER’s 20th anniversary, and it’s been well-received. People even sent in congratulation messages to Itoi, because this was the very first thing Itoi said on his site today:
There were quite a lot of e-mails from overseas yesterday. 20 years ago from the 27th was the day MOTHER was released, and the messages were celebrating that. It’s kind of funny that the creator doesn’t even remember the 20th anniversary, but I looked back fondly on those days after being reminded. While I was at it, I decided to play the game’s soundtrack in my room while I worked. Many thanks to everyone! BOING
I wonder if he knows that only MOTHER 2 was ever released outside of Japan. Oh well, it’s still cool acknowledgment anyway, and it’s good to see him actually talk about the games for once. It seems like he only mentions them once or twice a year anymore 😛
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to A Message from Itoi
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.