Marcus Lindblom Spills Some EarthBound Secrets
Yesterday, I posted this in celebration of MOTHER’s 20th anniversary, and it’s been well-received. People even sent in congratulation messages to Itoi, because this was the very first thing Itoi said on his site today:
There were quite a lot of e-mails from overseas yesterday. 20 years ago from the 27th was the day MOTHER was released, and the messages were celebrating that. It’s kind of funny that the creator doesn’t even remember the 20th anniversary, but I looked back fondly on those days after being reminded. While I was at it, I decided to play the game’s soundtrack in my room while I worked. Many thanks to everyone! BOING
I wonder if he knows that only MOTHER 2 was ever released outside of Japan. Oh well, it’s still cool acknowledgment anyway, and it’s good to see him actually talk about the games for once. It seems like he only mentions them once or twice a year anymore 😛
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to A Message from Itoi
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...
- Castaway: I bought this right away! Can’t wait for mine to come in. I do have a concern, though. It says my order went through yet I...