Prof. Sakamoto & Hyadain Hobonichi Concert
Yesterday, I posted this in celebration of MOTHER’s 20th anniversary, and it’s been well-received. People even sent in congratulation messages to Itoi, because this was the very first thing Itoi said on his site today:
There were quite a lot of e-mails from overseas yesterday. 20 years ago from the 27th was the day MOTHER was released, and the messages were celebrating that. It’s kind of funny that the creator doesn’t even remember the 20th anniversary, but I looked back fondly on those days after being reminded. While I was at it, I decided to play the game’s soundtrack in my room while I worked. Many thanks to everyone! BOING
I wonder if he knows that only MOTHER 2 was ever released outside of Japan. Oh well, it’s still cool acknowledgment anyway, and it’s good to see him actually talk about the games for once. It seems like he only mentions them once or twice a year anymore 😛
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to A Message from Itoi
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?