EarthBound Card Game in Class
June 21st, 2009 | Polls
Most of the father figures in the MOTHER series are horrible dads. Ness’s dad is never home (Ninten’s either), Lucas’s dad neglects him, Paula’s dad doesn’t even know she’s kidnapped and instead runs around wanting to give her pie. Alec doesn’t seem to care too much about Hinawa.
We’ve already seen who the favorite father figure in the MOTHER series is, so let’s take a look at who the worst father is this time. Plus it’s Father’s Day and everything 😛
First up is Aloysius Minch, Pokey’s father. He seems abusive and it was probably his parenting that led Pokey to wind up super crazy evil.
Next is Dr. Andonuts, who threw his son into a boarding school and forgot about him. Literally – he doesn’t even recognize Jeff right away when you first meet Dr. A in the game. Yet, he somehow recognizes Ness, a boy he’s never met, at first sight. He also doesn’t seem to care much about his reunion with Jeff. He just says, “Let’s meet up again in a few years.” He also knowingly lends Jeff dangerous inventions that nearly kill him.
Lastly is Wess, who is Duster’s father. Technically, he might not be, but there’s also a line late in the game where one of them mentions how deep down they feel like they really were father and son before everything happened. In any case, Wess raised Duster harshly, possibly even causing Duster’s leg injury. He constantly yells at Duster, calls him an idiot non-stop, and is just a real ass to Duster.
So, which father do you think is the worst? Click here to vote!
Other Related Posts:
101 Comments to The Worst Fathers Ever
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound Super Nintendo Snes Cleaned & Tested
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic