MOTHER 2 vs. EarthBound: Scaraba
June 21st, 2009 | Polls
Most of the father figures in the MOTHER series are horrible dads. Ness’s dad is never home (Ninten’s either), Lucas’s dad neglects him, Paula’s dad doesn’t even know she’s kidnapped and instead runs around wanting to give her pie. Alec doesn’t seem to care too much about Hinawa.
We’ve already seen who the favorite father figure in the MOTHER series is, so let’s take a look at who the worst father is this time. Plus it’s Father’s Day and everything 😛
First up is Aloysius Minch, Pokey’s father. He seems abusive and it was probably his parenting that led Pokey to wind up super crazy evil.
Next is Dr. Andonuts, who threw his son into a boarding school and forgot about him. Literally – he doesn’t even recognize Jeff right away when you first meet Dr. A in the game. Yet, he somehow recognizes Ness, a boy he’s never met, at first sight. He also doesn’t seem to care much about his reunion with Jeff. He just says, “Let’s meet up again in a few years.” He also knowingly lends Jeff dangerous inventions that nearly kill him.
Lastly is Wess, who is Duster’s father. Technically, he might not be, but there’s also a line late in the game where one of them mentions how deep down they feel like they really were father and son before everything happened. In any case, Wess raised Duster harshly, possibly even causing Duster’s leg injury. He constantly yells at Duster, calls him an idiot non-stop, and is just a real ass to Duster.
So, which father do you think is the worst? Click here to vote!
Other Related Posts:
101 Comments to The Worst Fathers Ever
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.