Random Post:

Weekly Round-Up #37

June 7th, 2009 | Audio Stuff, Polls

The music in the MOTHER series is good, and each game has its own signature song that are all similar in style. So now it’s time for these songs to fight it out!

MOTHER 1 / EarthBound Zero: Eight Melodies

MOTHER 2 / EarthBound: Sound Stone / Eight Melodies

MOTHER 3: Theme of Love

So, which one of these three is your favorite? Click here to vote!

POLL: Which is your favorite song?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

136 Comments to MOTHER Music Mayhem!

Omnitarian said on Jun. 7, 2009

As emotional as the Love Theme is, I’ve always really admired 8 melodies’… melody.

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Jun. 7, 2009

Smiles and Tears, definitely.

EarthBoundRules said on Jun. 7, 2009

Without a doubt, Mother 3’s Love Theme.

santiagoff said on Jun. 7, 2009

Smiles and Tears is the best. That’s the song whose feelings I like the most. Eight Melodies is far more catchier , but doesn’t have the same “friendship” feeling that Smiles and Tears has.
I never really liked the Love Theme. It’s just extremely sad. It doesn’t suck , it’s really good , but it’s just not my kind of song. Still , it does fit incredibly well with the game.
Eight Melodies is beautiful. But I can’t connect as much with that song as with Smiles and Tears.

Deraj626 said on Jun. 7, 2009

I love the 8 Melodies, but the Sound Stone comes in a close 2nd.

Devaux said on Jun. 7, 2009

Gah… can’t decide. D:

Poe said on Jun. 7, 2009

M1’s 8 Melodies will always be my favorite, but it sounds better when played with real instruments.

LucidEnigma said on Jun. 7, 2009

Mother 3’s love theme just has something so pure, so genuine about it that it definitely is my favorite of the three songs.

Shad said on Jun. 7, 2009

I love them all, it’s so hard to choose.

kalasad said on Jun. 7, 2009

Most definitely Eight Melodies. I sang along at the end of the game and I was tearing up with my heart feeling so full…

All of them make me want to cry when I hear them, but when I just *think* of Eight Melodies I just wanna bawl. Plus the lyrics are so easy to remember, haha. 😉

Shamu said on Jun. 7, 2009

Smiles and Tears. :>
BEST. CREDITS. MUSIC. EVER.

EBM said on Jun. 7, 2009

Smiles and tears, but they’re ALL SO GOOD!
I feel dirty, choosing…
WAAAHHH!
Probably second is the love theme, with last being MOTHER’s eight melodies.
But again, it’s a close race for ALL of them. Sometimes I’m in a mood where I prefer one over the other, but this is in general.

metroidman said on Jun. 7, 2009

Mother 1’s Eight Melodies all the way. The other two are fantastic but Eight Melodies just pulls at your heart strings. I agree with Poe too, it sounds incredible with real instruments.

loroca said on Jun. 7, 2009

oh wow why did you make me chooooose ;_;

I ended up going with Eight Melodies because I find myself humming that to myself all the time without notice. But M3’s Theme of Love has been creeping into my head lately too. I guess I’d have to say EB’s Sound Stone is last because I actually forget it frequently!

But I guess it’s not all about memorization. All of them have a place in my heart, and are beautiful songs! :>

tiradefaction said on Jun. 7, 2009

It’s a tough choice between “theme of love” and eight melodies from EB0, but I’m going to have to pick the eight melodies from EB0.

(Not that the eight melodies from EB wasn’t fantastic, just theme of love and eight melodies from EB0 is more touching to me)

Deiphobus said on Jun. 7, 2009

i picked theme of love. they’re all pretty close!

Claus said on Jun. 7, 2009

MOTHER 3 love theme, but not the emotional versions of them, the mom’s hometown version and the brawl version. Even though they are pretty much the same thing.

Ice Sage said on Jun. 7, 2009

AAGH SO HARD!! I ended up going with EB0’s eight melodies though, I always liked it the most. EB0’s song is also in all three games, because EB’s “Your Sanctuary” song references it – so cool when I noticed finally. X)

Thankfully for all of us who can’t decide, we can listen to Mother 3’s “16 Melodies.” Best song ever!

Blue Lightning said on Jun. 7, 2009

I like them all the same amount so I just picked Love Theme cuz it’s the most emotional of all three of them. Then again, it depends how you remix the song.

valiant_dreamer8 said on Jun. 7, 2009

… I can’t decide. I love them all. Which is why I prefer 16 melodies. |D

But in the end, I go for Mother’s 8 Melodies. Can’t stop loving the original and the classic that started it all. 🙂

Halfsan said on Jun. 7, 2009

MOTHER2’s soundstone song. I’ve always loved the tune, even before I played EarthBound! I heard it in Smash Bros. and loved it, and then when I played EB, I found out where it came from lol.

bobbyjkl said on Jun. 7, 2009

If you truly love them all, don’t vote! A vote for one is a vote against two others! I didn’t vote because I love all of the MOTHER games.

Mato said on Jun. 7, 2009

Every time you don’t vote, orphan puppies die

PSInesslove93 said on Jun. 7, 2009

LOL mato XD

this is SO hard… i think this is the hardest poll ever lol but i chose the theme of love because it is so emotional and it impacts me more than the others do.

Ness_101 said on Jun. 7, 2009

Smiles n’ Tears. Reminds me of when I beat EB for the first time 14 years ago.

rawpower said on Jun. 7, 2009

The original 8 melodies. The most powerful of the three.

James said on Jun. 7, 2009

I chose the Theme of Love, because it strikes me as the most mature of the three songs. The first two were written at a time when video game music was limited by its hardware. The music from that era is little more than a one- or two-part melody that repeats over and over again. Although fantastic examples of that style, it still reeks of simplicity.

Theme of Love, while not totally free from the pitfalls of chip tunes, does demonstrate its technical maturity. Its more advanced chord progression and its verse/chorus structure both make it stand out. The song is representative the transition that game music is going through now, with the prevalence of fully orchestrated background music, and the capacity of even handheld game systems to produce 16-channel sound.

kevinchai said on Jun. 7, 2009

I’m so moved by music that I nearly started crying when I heard all these in a row. The memories! These games ROCK

Xi said on Jun. 7, 2009

I think for me… and I’m sure the story is similar for a lot of fans who played Earthbound back when it first came out… I was 8-9 years old my first time playing through Earthbound, and every now and then just walking around I used the Sound Stone in my inventory to listen to the melodies I’d collected so far. (I even used it in every new building I went to in Onett, as at the beginning of the game I thought I was supposed to use it to record the game music. Ah, being a kid!)

So I probably heard that melody (or at least parts of it) well over 100 times by the time I finished playing Earthbound… and so this simple tune is a keystone from my childhood. So while I like the other melodies, it just doesn’t evoke the same emotional response. I hear that melody, and I’m a kid in 1995 all over again.

Leirin said on Jun. 7, 2009

Agreed with rawpower, though they are all so beautiful and touching. Smiles and Tears of EarthBound really has the feeling of being with your family and friends, but something is so heartbreaking at the same time. Then MOTHER3’s love theme sings of genuine love so true, that has a lot of feelings no matter when it’s heard — but it’s especially good at the right time, of course.

But MOTHER’s Eight Melodies are remarkably nice sounding, and even more so (as Poe put it) when it is played with real instruments, especially the toy piano. And when I think of MOTHER, I think of the first game’s Eight Melodies. Definitely.

Because I can’t really decide I voted MOTHER’s Eight Melodies, in part because it’s getting the least amount of attention.

The Nameless Worthless Protoplasm Friend Doctor said on Jun. 7, 2009

I vote… Mother 3’s “16 Melodies” (yeah, I can’t choose so I’ll go with the one song to implement them all…)

rayefrenzy said on Jun. 7, 2009

The sound stone’s melody, for whatever reason, means a lot to me.

Kita K. said on Jun. 7, 2009

Whenever I feel like screwing around in my music production tools, it seems to always end up with me seeing how Eight Melodies sounds with different instruments. Not to say that Smiles and Tears and Love Theme haven’t gotten the same treatment at times (trust me, they have), but Eight Melodies has just impacted me that way.

It’s also the only one of the three I ever made a cover/remix of – you can hear it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gVaZPs9Z4A (yay blatant self-promotion)

So yeah, Eight Melodies it is, but never make me choose ever again ;_;

Cranberry Tofu said on Jun. 7, 2009

All three songs are remarkable and unforgettable, but in the end I had to go with EarthBound’s Sound Stone melody, because that’s the first one I heard way back when playing EarthBound on SNES and it was a major factor in hooking me on this series.

Raw said on Jun. 8, 2009

I don’t think it’s fair that earthbound zero’s melody is limited to it’s 8-bit version, yet mother 3’s is a remastered piano version. I submit this version!

it’s got my vote, it even makes alien overlords keel over!

Teal said on Jun. 8, 2009

Eight Melodies because it was sung by the titular character, Maria. It is also a very beautiful song I my eyes almost well up in tears when I think of that song. Plus that song is so powerful it defeated Giygas!

MarioFan3 said on Jun. 8, 2009

For me, it HAS to be Mother3, it’s just beautiful:
5/5 stars.
The original one is good too, it was really great for it’s time, but it doesn’t have that same meaning in terms of mood, it’s still a great tune
:4.5/5 stars.
The Mother2 one is a bit bland, some like it because it triggers Americans childhood memories of the game but still 3/5 stars .
Unfortunately, I’m one of those “unlucky” people because EB was never EVER released outside “America and Japan” and it will probably never get released here in Australia, we only know EB from smash bros as a WTF character, we just go “Who’s Ness? What game’s he from?”
*sigh* Americans are so lucky, you even got SSBB 6 months before us.

wishydude said on Jun. 8, 2009

i…i… i cant decide. i just decided on mother 3 since i have heard that one the most lately

Hejiru said on Jun. 8, 2009

I.. don’t know! I love all 3 of them!

N-Kun said on Jun. 8, 2009

Gah…I’ve always had a soft spot for EBZero’s Eight Melodies…but, Theme Of Love…is just so amazing.

I voted Theme Of Love, just because it moves me every time I hear it.

Dumbo said on Jun. 8, 2009

They’re all beautiful, although the original 8 melodies always makes me tear up. Smiles and Tears is great in that 80’s family film way, too. Love theme isn’t that memorable to me at all, for some reason.

DragonKazooie89 said on Jun. 8, 2009

I can’t decide between Eight Melodies and Theme of Love.

frank.d said on Jun. 8, 2009

I think that EB0´s melodies are best. Of course they all are great, but i just like it more than others xD

The Great Morgil said on Jun. 8, 2009

I gotta go with Eight Melodies, cuz it was the toughest one for me to learn to play on piano. First i had a hard as heck time trying to figure out each note (i was going by ear), and then i had to practice like a bajillion times to get it right. It’s now because of all that effort i put into learning it that i’ve come to fall in love with the song. I even play it on the display keyboards i see at radioshack

Poe said on Jun. 8, 2009

Wow, the poll is pretty even so far.

Doctor Icarus said on Jun. 8, 2009

It’s so hard to choose. Love theme comes SO close, but I have to say Soundstone wins. Barely.

Ultimate Phoenix said on Jun. 8, 2009

Eight Melodies for me since it’s the most memorable out of the songs due to it being the most important and used game wise.

The Nameless Worthless Protoplasm Friend Doctor said on Jun. 8, 2009

@Raw:

And I submit THIS version:

Harley said on Jun. 8, 2009

Earthbound sound stone. Made me want to go home and play earthbound again. Though I probably picked that one cause I’ve played Earthbound hundreds of times since that fateful Christmas, I’ve never played Mother, and I’ve only played through Mother 3 twice so far.

reidypeidy said on Jun. 8, 2009

Mother 3’s Theme of Love always makes me tear up, every time.

Wil said on Jun. 8, 2009

I love them all, but Mother 3’s theme is sooo sad and beautiful.

otherhand said on Jun. 8, 2009

Oh man, I love all three of them so much.
I picked the original 8 melodies, but only by a hair.

Shamu said on Jun. 8, 2009

Why is it always MOTHER3 that gets the most votes?

Genji said on Jun. 8, 2009

What a difficult choice, considering all three sound great. I’d have to go with Mother 2’s eight melodies, partly for the nostalgic factor and it was my first Mother game.

Theme of Love and Mother’s eight melodies tie for 2nd though. =X

Metakirby14 said on Jun. 8, 2009

The original Mother Melodies kick Love theme and Smiles and Tears asses times nine-thousand.

Shichiji said on Jun. 8, 2009

M1′ 8 melodies. I love the other 2 so much, but that one’s just got a kind of melancholy feel to it that’s so awesome

Lloyd said on Jun. 9, 2009

Hah.

Not fair, M3 has the trump card of having it’s melody played from it’s official soundtrack.

I can play each one of these songs on piano/marimba and I like Mother 1’s best.

Anonymous said on Jun. 9, 2009

Mother3 totally, the soundtrack was just brilliant, Mother NES was good too but……Love Theme takes the cake by a long shot.
I think the soundstone is voted for because of the nostalgic factor, but EB wasn’t released everywhere y’know!

DGC said on Jun. 9, 2009

Mother 3 – Love Theme pawns them all!

Anonymous said on Jun. 9, 2009

Earthbound’s is the best in my opinion.

Anonymous said on Jun. 9, 2009

Also, it is not because of the nestolgic factor because I still haven’t played Earthbound yet.

Tansunn said on Jun. 9, 2009

I gotta go with Mother 2’s. I have no idea why, though, I just do.

Anonymous said on Jun. 10, 2009

Smiles & Tears definitely. Nostalgic factor puts it above the other two.

Petah-Petah said on Jun. 10, 2009

Picked the Original Eight Melodies.

Mother 2 didn’t sound as orchestrated (or what do you call it) and Mother 3 sounded like a sad song. I’m not fond of sad songs. =[

metalparott said on Jun. 10, 2009

Mother 2, just because it was the first one I played through and when I heard the whole thing after the 8th sanctuary I just had one of those cool, relaxed, and “everything is going to be alright” kind of vibes from it. It really just hits the spot for me every time.

Jesse said on Jun. 11, 2009

Had to go with the eight melodies theme, only because I’ve had a really stressful night prepping for finals and crap, and it kinda lowered the stress levels. Silly, I know, but hey, I voted. 😛

Devaux said on Jun. 11, 2009

I love how it’s practically even.

Keimako said on Jun. 12, 2009

Only reason Theme of Love doesn’t get my vote is because it makes me tremendously sad.

sticktendo said on Jun. 12, 2009

For the first time, I gotta go with EB0 Eight Melodies.

Erik500002 said on Jun. 13, 2009

Of Course the original EB0 8 melodies it has like this feeling idk but its very nice. 🙂

Digitalized said on Jun. 14, 2009

MOTHER Eight Melodies, completely!

Sometimes I feel M1 gets no love…

JohnJohnnyMan said on Jun. 16, 2009

I never actually played Earthbound Zero, but I like it the best. I love the other two as well, why did you make me choose one!?

SeanPeden said on Jun. 18, 2009

I still haven’t fully beaten the first and the third one, so I’m not voting. But after I do, I’m coming back here and voting. I have to say, even though I beat Earthbound for the first time recently, Smiles & Tears still made me feel like I wanted to be a child again. And I don’t want to listen to the 8 melodies yet, because it will rob it of it’s emotional power from the game. I might beat it today or tomorrow.

-._-. said on Jun. 20, 2009

Mother 3’s Love Theme, hands down. Earthbound’s 8 melodies are so… forgettable o-o

megaaman fan said on Jun. 21, 2009

i say that the eight melodeys im mother1 is best but earth bounds/mother2 eight melodeys sound good too

@-I said on Jun. 23, 2009

ive gotta go with smiles and tears. whenever i first played earthbound, it was with a friend who was really dear to me. every time i hear it i think of her. now shes gone, so its really a touching song.

??? said on Jun. 25, 2009

I Went with the original eight melodies in Earth Bound Zero, it just sounds more relaxing than the other two

Earthbound Zero said on Jun. 25, 2009

Smiles and Tears.

MOTHER’S 8 melodies were nice, but too simple.

MOTHER3… is just missing something. I don’t know what however…

hmmm... said on Jun. 26, 2009

I don’t even know what to pick!

i....love it..... said on Jun. 27, 2009

*sniff* How…BEAUTIFUL!!!!

c-m said on Jun. 28, 2009

Hard to pick, still Theme of love gets my vote.

oinkyescommander said on Jun. 28, 2009

M3 love theme needs violin

oinkyescommander said on Jun. 28, 2009

I think M3’s “confusion” was worthy enough to be a theme, it’s really sad, but great at the same time.

PKSTARMAN said on Jun. 29, 2009

oh please! everyone knows the best is the eight melodies also known as Smiles and tears is the best. well the one of MOTHER 1 sounds good and the Theme of love to but i prefer the one of Earthbound.

PKSTARMAN said on Jun. 29, 2009

@-I… by the way… yeah its touching… that song… so… THATS WHY Smiles and Tears IS THE BEST!

PKSTARMAN said on Jun. 29, 2009

ITS TOUCHING!

(sigh) said on Jun. 29, 2009

All of them are just so beautiful!!! I can’t decide!

Porky Minch said on Jun. 30, 2009

It is too hard to choose they are all too good

Lucky said on Jul. 7, 2009

Is the Mother 3 theme based off another song? Ever since I heard it the first time it feels really familiar.
Like that one song “all by my-self…” or something.

conn3r said on Jul. 13, 2009

defo smiles and tears

EB4thew1n10 said on Nov. 8, 2009

Take A melody simple as can be give it some words and sweet harmony raise your voices all day long our love grows strong now sing a melody of love oho love. Love is the power love is the glory love is the beauty and the joy of spring love, is the magic love is the story love is the melody we all can sing!

N0 3y3 d33r said on Nov. 18, 2009

Personally i think this is a bit biased based off of the soundclips used, seeing as Mother 3 gets an actual piano, and instead of smiles and tears its just the normal Earthbound 8 Melodies, and honestly i think the vocal arrangement of the eight melodies should be represented instead of the ingame one as it is not only better quality but WAS in the commercials for the game, its the only onbe originally in english and seeing as japanese songs dont translate well in relation to thier original rhythym it deserves a cookie.
(Personally I chose Smiles and Tears, but I’m secretly obsessed with that short catchy tune in Earthbound’s naming song,I SWEAR i’ve heard it before.)

Marc said on Dec. 8, 2009

Mother 1: 8 melodies because It was the song that kicked Gigue’s ass! and I love the lyrics.

Wafffo! said on Dec. 12, 2009

MOTHER Eight Melodies
its cool and it basically kills Giegue

neonix said on Dec. 13, 2009

They all give me goosebumps. But I had to vote for the Sound Stone theme. When I hear it, I think of Ness blindly walking up to his black and white home, and shivers run down my spine.

Personally, I like the 8-bit 8 Melodies better in terms of this vote. It feels more like a tearjerker. The choir version is more calm and the lyrics are very happy.

Team Dragonite said on Dec. 21, 2009

When i first played all of these games in order i realized that its not possible to chose. 8 melodys is bold and ongoing with that sence of love. smiles and tears is the ultimate song of friendship. the love theme is incredibly sad, wich helps it fit the story, but its got that setimental feeling to it. all of these songs made me cry, wich is verry hard to do, infront of my family in the living room(embarasing).

Ryan said on Dec. 24, 2009

Mother 3 was actualy the frist game I played (and completed) in the seiries. That is one of the reasons I picked this song.

Ryan said on Dec. 24, 2009

At Mato
LOL, puppies

alek said on Dec. 31, 2009

Do the Sound Stone Melodies in Mother 2 have lyrics like Mother 1?

Aled said on Dec. 31, 2009

Wow. Theyre all beautiful in their own way. Can’t really decide on just one…

anymous said on Jan. 1, 2010

Eight melodies sounds so powerful.

Anonymous said on Jan. 15, 2010

Definitely Mother 3’s melody.
I like all of them, but Mother 3’s generally a more emotional game, so it’s a generally more emotional song, especially when played on a real piano.

Anonymous said on Jan. 16, 2010

mother 3 love theme.
I dont really see whats so special about earthbound’s 8 melodies.
its my least favorite.its still good though.

earthboundfreak#1 said on Jan. 29, 2010

Im in 6th grade and we play xylaphones and often i get in trouble for playing mother 1s 8 melodies i also take piano lessons and i get in trouble for playing it ther too so mother 1s 8 melodies it is ps everyone in my class calls me a dork for playing earthbound but i dont care do you guys think its wierd for me?

Pkhypernova said on Jan. 29, 2010

I like the mall but my all time favorite is eight melodies. I even am trying to play it on piano!

the hippie named kaho said on Feb. 1, 2010

they are all awesome but i say mother 2’s song

MOTHERMoondance-- said on Feb. 1, 2010

I like the mall, too, PKhypernova.

Tetra said on Feb. 9, 2010

I love them all, and for different reasons! It’s impossible to decide…

Beat said on Feb. 13, 2010

Mother’s 1 eight melodies was and will always be the best.

DCH said on Apr. 12, 2010

In Mother 3, my favorite song is “Porky’s Theme”.

Commander said on May. 1, 2010

How can you people choose? They all have their own meaning, it’s like voting on who was the best character….. I don’t think I can vote on this one……

n00bBound said on May. 28, 2010

Smiles and Tears all the way. The Lost Tracks Brawl version was the first song I heard out of the two versions of 8 melodies that was cut from the game (The other being the M1 version obviously) when I hacked them into Brawl over the two MOTHER songs from Melee, and for some reason that represented utimate success for me. Ever since then I’ve had a soft spot for S&T.

DLAEsp said on Jun. 5, 2010

Theme of Love makes me tear up every time…
But Mother’s Eight Melodies clings to me the most.

JustFCitNoob said on Jun. 9, 2010

Take a Melody
Simple as can be
give it some words
and sweet harmony
raise your voices
all day long
love grows strong now
sing a melody
of love
oh of love

Mother 1’s melody is the most beautiful

TheMr.SaturnGuy said on Jun. 19, 2010

I cant decide… I usually mash up eight melodies and sound stone song and it sounds like it was a melody by Itoi.

Digitalized said on Jun. 19, 2010

Wow… Eight Melodies and Theme of Love are just 1 vote away from the other.

NT-Yoyo said on Jul. 4, 2010

I choose the Theme of Love because… there’s something magical about it. It seems like the perfect theme for Lucas; to me, it sounds like something tragic has happened, and everyone is slowly getting stronger from it… but still remember. The other 2 are about a hair away, but this one impacts me more.

KingFeraligatr said on Jul. 23, 2010

I love the son 16 Melodies from Mother3, because it’s a recopilation of the three r¡themes

paula the polestar said on Sep. 17, 2010

Those songs give me smiles and tears

Mic said on Sep. 21, 2010

Sound Stone. Although i have always liked Pokey Means Business. Lots of guitar to go around!

Voter-guy said on Sep. 21, 2010

Most definitely Sound Stone.

??? said on Sep. 21, 2010

Hm…Hard to say,But M3’s combies M2 and M1’s theme,So that gets my vote.

Pale Yoshi said on Sep. 23, 2010

That piano version of the love theme makes me want to cry, Its so good

Floridian said on Dec. 11, 2010

EarthBound/Mother is one of the best video game series in the world. And, therefore, each song on this page is one of the best. Today’s singers will never come close to the beauty the games’ composers have brought us. EarthBound’s music stimulates the mind. It is not made to harm: it is made to love. Therefore, Mato, I cannot take your poll. Why not? It’s about MOTHER’s music. Each one is equal. Equally beautiful. Equally brilliant. Equally MOTHERful.

Max said on Dec. 17, 2010

First time I heard theme of love I bawled, then my dad asked me why I was crying, and then he heard the song and he was crying too! So I vote love theme but I did feel like crying for smiles and tears. Sentimental much! I like Mother’s eight melodies with the instruments better. I have never hear better music in my entire life!

massing ness said on Apr. 18, 2011

if i play all 3 songs at the same time i will expolde from the sher awsome ness

Somebody said on Apr. 21, 2011

Massing ness, I have. It was amazing.

Somebody said on May. 29, 2011

Is it cheating to pick 16 Melodies?

Shaun said on Aug. 15, 2011

Mother/Earthbound Zero
Mother 2/EarthBound
Mother 3/EarthBound 2

!!!!FOREVER!!!!

…….boing!

minifig2401 said on Jan. 23, 2012

This one is hard cus all three of them are emotionally amazing, but as much as i love the other two, i go with the original 8 melodys. i mean come on most of the time i go with the other two games, but we all need to give mother 1 some love. after all it all started with a lamp…

RadicOmega said on Feb. 6, 2012

Mato: “Everytime you don’t vote, orphan puppies die”

Let this be a message to all of you Americans who don’t vote xD !

jinxkatty7 said on Jul. 19, 2012

hmmm. :'( I don’t wanna pick (their all so close) but I don’t wannna KILL ORPHAN PUPPIES…. Love theme. Also I played Mother 3 first. (@Mato If it was orphan kittens I would be more worried)

Anonymous said on Oct. 29, 2012

The sound stone eight melodies. It will always hold a special place in my heart for being the first mother game i ever played, and will always gives me a sense of joy.

Alexander said on Aug. 13, 2013

GAHH!!! I CAN”T CHOOSE!!
I’m sorry, but all of these songs move me in some way. Smiles and Tears gives me, well, a smile. 8 Melodies really gives me a feeling I can’t describe, but I like. Love Theme is simply just beautiful, and much too magnificent to describe. It was a hard choice between 8 Melodies and Love Theme, both are unique and beautiful in different ways. I’m sorry, but Smiles and Tears, for me, will NEVER catch up with these 2. In the end, I picked Love Theme over 8 Melodies, simply because I loved Mother 3 more than Earthbound Zero/ Mother. I’m sorry 8 Melodies, maybe next time.

refat17 said on Jan. 17, 2014

I chose smiles and tears just for being the most interesting and weird but it did hurt to choose. At least now I know it wasn’t my fault if an orphan puppy was killed.

NessFanFTW said on Feb. 3, 2014

Smiles and Tears I just always liked that one the most