Just Slap EarthBound On It
A few weeks ago, we finally got confirmation that that EarthBound lookalike game for Level 5’s ROID game service was actually a version of “The Another World”. If you don’t remember or don’t know what I’m talking about, see here.
Anyway, though it’s not EarthBound, its graphical style is clearly based off of EarthBound / MOTHER 3, so I though I’d show people some of the latest screenshots of the game:
In the past, I’ve heard people say that they’d like a version of EarthBound with upgraded graphics. And then there are usually people who respond to that by saying that EarthBound with upgraded graphics wouldn’t work. At least now we can kind of see what an upgraded EarthBound might look like. I’d still prefer the simple graphics myself, it adds a lot to the feel of the game, at least in my opinion.
Thanks to Phones for the tip and the pic!
Other Related Posts:
29 Comments to More EarthBound-Lookalike Screens
- Mike: Also, I have to post once more to say: The cover texture effect is incredible and so Earthboundy. So many details like that make this utterly...
- Mike: I just received my copy this week, and it is amazing. The fact that you didn’t just throw a bunch of Earthbound localization facts, but...
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!