Itoi, Iwata, and Old MOTHER 3
A few weeks ago, we finally got confirmation that that EarthBound lookalike game for Level 5’s ROID game service was actually a version of “The Another World”. If you don’t remember or don’t know what I’m talking about, see here.
Anyway, though it’s not EarthBound, its graphical style is clearly based off of EarthBound / MOTHER 3, so I though I’d show people some of the latest screenshots of the game:
In the past, I’ve heard people say that they’d like a version of EarthBound with upgraded graphics. And then there are usually people who respond to that by saying that EarthBound with upgraded graphics wouldn’t work. At least now we can kind of see what an upgraded EarthBound might look like. I’d still prefer the simple graphics myself, it adds a lot to the feel of the game, at least in my opinion.
Thanks to Phones for the tip and the pic!
Other Related Posts:
29 Comments to More EarthBound-Lookalike Screens
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...