EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE

June 20th, 2009 | Auctions, EarthBound

Remember that giant Mr. Saturn plushie that was being sold on eBay for $2000 like a month ago? Well, as expected, nobody bought it, so I’ve watched its price drop bit by bit each week, while other giant Mr. Saturn auctions end up going for $135 or $140 regularly now. Sounds like the guy’s plan to ultra-profit off of the fanbase isn’t going to work out so well.

Anyway, one thing I noticed yesterday about this auction is that the guy reduced the price to $1100.54. I doubt it’ll sell at that price, but it looks like eBay is giving it a 5% discount too. Except… maybe it’s just me, but this math isn’t adding up:

Why is a 5% discount making it cost MORE? Am I not getting something here? Or is eBay using drunk people math?

11 Comments to Giant Mr. Saturn Price is Weird

blahmoomoo said on Jun. 20, 2009

Heh, now the 0’s are 8’s on the actual site.

Mato said on Jun. 20, 2009

Heh yeah, you’re right, those are eights, not zeroes. Man, good thing I’m not a scientist or a doctor or I’d have blown stuff up because strikethrough makes such different numbers look the same 😛

tiradefaction said on Jun. 21, 2009

Weird..because you go to the exact ebay listing, you can tell they are eights crossed out, but in the picture, they look exactly like zero’s…..

santiagoff said on Jun. 21, 2009

That’s the magic of MOTHER.

EzraSmith said on Jun. 21, 2009

Mr. Saturn is a Jew, and Jews always charge more. Simple as that.

Ice Sage said on Jun. 21, 2009

I see zeros. It’s still not going to sell like that, eights or zeros regardless. 😛

bobbyjkl said on Jun. 21, 2009

Ezra, that’s racist… But weird about the 0’s and 8’s. It’s probably Mato’s browser; he probably changed the default font 😀 The whole layout is different in my browser, though. There’s actually curvy 8’s on mine, like little snowmen.

Viewtiful_justin said on Jun. 22, 2009

Well, he’s got the nose…..

I’m kidding, of course!

This guy must be a nutcase, thinking it’s going to sell for that much.

FuzzyPicklez said on Jun. 23, 2009

Since when are Jews their own race?

And since when is Mr. Saturn a Jew? He doesn’t have any problem selling Fire, Ice, and Thunder Pendants.

Lucas said on Dec. 1, 2009

Uhhh…

YOU ARE RIGHT

100% RIGHT

THOSE ARE 8’s AWESOME MATO

spartan 117 said on Oct. 23, 2010

this is obsurd that much money. its cool and all but that much money. id pay 20 for it.