A bunch of people sent in news about this this week. I had stumbled upon it myself and was planning to add it to the weekly roundup, but because so many people told me about it, it’s probably worth its own update 😀
Anyway, Drew Mackie posted a humongo article about video game characters and their names over here, and he covers lots of EarthBound/MOTHER stuff too.
Incidentally, as a sort of side note to his article, Ness’s name actually comes from the NES, according to a 1992 Famitsu interview with Itoi.
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to EarthBound Names Ahoy
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues