Something Killer Cyborg Video
Remember this big Shigesato Itoi interview about MOTHER 2? Well, Chewy burned some more midnight oil to translate an equally as big and fascinating interview that took place two years later, right after MOTHER 2 was finally released in Japan in 1994.
(click to see translated interview)
Some of the things that Itoi talks about are:
- Why MOTHER 2/EarthBound was nearly canceled
- The game was originally supposed to be 8Mb in size, but wound up 300% that in the end
- Itoi considered having different planets you travel to
- Kids harrassing him about how MOTHER 2 was taking too long
- The rolling HP meter was originally something else entirely
- And much more stuff!
You can find the translated interview here. If you’re an EarthBound fan, you’re bound by law to read it. This also makes three huge Itoi interviews she’s translated – she’s a machine
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Another Big Itoi Interview Translated
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND (Super Nintendo SNES 1995) Compete w/ Box, Guide & Scratch n' Sniff
- Anonymous: My 2 cents. I don’t think the game (Mother 4) looks bad at all (though the graphical style isn’t my cup of tea, per se) but...
- Oh My: No, I’m not ticked off. Not even a little. I’ve tried to explain the position of the fans who do not approve of Mother 4 as a...
- Raiden: It’s sad but I don’t think we’ll ever see Mother 3 or 1 being put on the Virtual Console. I don’t have a Wii U but...
- Raiden: You act like you’re a little ticked off Oh My. I don’t understand the big deal about why Mother 4 should use a diffrent name....
- Oh My: No one is “butthurt” over it not being real. Mother 4 is not an official game of the series, and therefore should use a...