Weekly Round-Up #14
Remember this big Shigesato Itoi interview about MOTHER 2? Well, Chewy burned some more midnight oil to translate an equally as big and fascinating interview that took place two years later, right after MOTHER 2 was finally released in Japan in 1994.
(click to see translated interview)
Some of the things that Itoi talks about are:
- Why MOTHER 2/EarthBound was nearly canceled
- The game was originally supposed to be 8Mb in size, but wound up 300% that in the end
- Itoi considered having different planets you travel to
- Kids harrassing him about how MOTHER 2 was taking too long
- The rolling HP meter was originally something else entirely
- And much more stuff!
You can find the translated interview here. If you’re an EarthBound fan, you’re bound by law to read it. This also makes three huge Itoi interviews she’s translated – she’s a machine 😯
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Another Big Itoi Interview Translated
Featured Item on eBay:
Vintage MOTHER2 EARTHBOUND manpresto figure DOSEISAN Mr SATURN from Japan
- R7038XX: oh i know what you look like im jealousbass on deviantart
- NessinEagleland: That was excellent
- Tacoturtle19: If that song is playing I’m gonna be standing in one place for a while just listening to that awesome song.
- Star and Moon: @Matt It’s running in Earthbound’s engine so it’s gotta use the same kind of instruments and stuff. At least, I...
- Matt: With those instruments it sounds just sounds… too much like EarthBound music. I feel like this game is trying too hard to turn MOTHER 1...