Jeffman’s MOTHER 3 Hackathon
Remember this big Shigesato Itoi interview about MOTHER 2? Well, Chewy burned some more midnight oil to translate an equally as big and fascinating interview that took place two years later, right after MOTHER 2 was finally released in Japan in 1994.
(click to see translated interview)
Some of the things that Itoi talks about are:
- Why MOTHER 2/EarthBound was nearly canceled
- The game was originally supposed to be 8Mb in size, but wound up 300% that in the end
- Itoi considered having different planets you travel to
- Kids harrassing him about how MOTHER 2 was taking too long
- The rolling HP meter was originally something else entirely
- And much more stuff!
You can find the translated interview here. If you’re an EarthBound fan, you’re bound by law to read it. This also makes three huge Itoi interviews she’s translated – she’s a machine
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Another Big Itoi Interview Translated
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound (Super NES, 1995) *Authentic/Tested/Cleaned/Brand New Battery
- tintinophile691: Man, it’s been a while since I posted here. This is the first of two patches I have used which attempts to restore censored...
- Okay!: Seeing stuff like this makes me glad I check up on Earthboundcentral every once in a while. All the music on this youtube channel is great!
- Robert: It’s very cool how you guys came up with original names for the less interesting characters. You did a great job. If nintendo ever...
- crabbyRhys: This was a really cool interview! It makes me want to do something highlighting some of the games that had a big impact on me. Also, if...
- Xi: I’m really looking forward to future chapters of the Mother 3 translation notes. Thanks for all of your hard work!