Remember this big Shigesato Itoi interview about MOTHER 2? Well, Chewy burned some more midnight oil to translate an equally as big and fascinating interview that took place two years later, right after MOTHER 2 was finally released in Japan in 1994.
(click to see translated interview)
Some of the things that Itoi talks about are:
- Why MOTHER 2/EarthBound was nearly canceled
- The game was originally supposed to be 8Mb in size, but wound up 300% that in the end
- Itoi considered having different planets you travel to
- Kids harrassing him about how MOTHER 2 was taking too long
- The rolling HP meter was originally something else entirely
- And much more stuff!
You can find the translated interview here. If you’re an EarthBound fan, you’re bound by law to read it. This also makes three huge Itoi interviews she’s translated – she’s a machine
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Another Big Itoi Interview Translated
Featured Item on eBay:
Mother 3 Earthbound 2 GBA Gameboy Advance Game Boy Japan Japanese Nintendo CIB
- Chewy: Also the store link has a redirect URL of www.hobonichiplanner.com so you can just go there to access the store!
- Chewy: Covers can sell out pretty quickly, so I’d recommend checking out the store as soon as it opens at 7 PM PST on August 31st for those...
- BoaTransistor: Mr. Itoi retweeted something about this earlier today, with a source link: http://www.inside-games.jp/art icle/2014/08/21/79668.html...
- Chivi-chivik: I must say as well that I really like both original and GBA versions of the music. The problem is MOTHER 2: I STILL don’t know...
- Chivi-chivik: @SpitefulCrow Who died and made you the one to decide who is and who isn’t a real fan? The point is to play all the games, we...