A Strange Door at E3?
Remember this big Shigesato Itoi interview about MOTHER 2? Well, Chewy burned some more midnight oil to translate an equally as big and fascinating interview that took place two years later, right after MOTHER 2 was finally released in Japan in 1994.
(click to see translated interview)
Some of the things that Itoi talks about are:
- Why MOTHER 2/EarthBound was nearly canceled
- The game was originally supposed to be 8Mb in size, but wound up 300% that in the end
- Itoi considered having different planets you travel to
- Kids harrassing him about how MOTHER 2 was taking too long
- The rolling HP meter was originally something else entirely
- And much more stuff!
You can find the translated interview here. If you’re an EarthBound fan, you’re bound by law to read it. This also makes three huge Itoi interviews she’s translated – she’s a machine 😯
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Another Big Itoi Interview Translated
- AwelCruiz: Luckily for you, I posted about it in MiiVerse: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl v-IffXIAAE8-X.jpg:large Excuse the quality, it was taken...
- Bubbleman: There was also another hint for Ness in the Nintendo Badge Arcade last week, where the bunny says something about ESP Kirby looking...
- Anonymous User: Impressive! I love SNES samples, and especially the ones from this game! 😀
- Acedio: Man, that sample from “The Place” at 3:27 is sooooo nice.
- Zeromus: And all of the performances at the end were spot on! I need more!