MOTHER 2 vs. EarthBound
Remember this big Shigesato Itoi interview about MOTHER 2? Well, Chewy burned some more midnight oil to translate an equally as big and fascinating interview that took place two years later, right after MOTHER 2 was finally released in Japan in 1994.
(click to see translated interview)
Some of the things that Itoi talks about are:
- Why MOTHER 2/EarthBound was nearly canceled
- The game was originally supposed to be 8Mb in size, but wound up 300% that in the end
- Itoi considered having different planets you travel to
- Kids harrassing him about how MOTHER 2 was taking too long
- The rolling HP meter was originally something else entirely
- And much more stuff!
You can find the translated interview here. If you’re an EarthBound fan, you’re bound by law to read it. This also makes three huge Itoi interviews she’s translated – she’s a machine
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Another Big Itoi Interview Translated
- FlyingManCourage: This is a cool idea but I have come to appreciate the “Tomato experience” too much now to go and change it. To me,...
- FlyingManCourage: LOL! I’m sitting here watching, thinking, what the heck is going to happen. I never expected that! haha.
- shuyin: Ahh, I’m a bit late on this. I love how they used a different pose for him than the hands-on-hips one they always did, it’s...
- Motdrafin: I’m pretty sure they print out the map, trace over what they want to stamp with an ebony pencil, copy it to a linoleum slab (the...
- Dr.x: I made one these once but it wasn’t as good as this one. I wish I had the patience to do this myself one day.