Remember this big Shigesato Itoi interview about MOTHER 2? Well, Chewy burned some more midnight oil to translate an equally as big and fascinating interview that took place two years later, right after MOTHER 2 was finally released in Japan in 1994.
(click to see translated interview)
Some of the things that Itoi talks about are:
- Why MOTHER 2/EarthBound was nearly canceled
- The game was originally supposed to be 8Mb in size, but wound up 300% that in the end
- Itoi considered having different planets you travel to
- Kids harrassing him about how MOTHER 2 was taking too long
- The rolling HP meter was originally something else entirely
- And much more stuff!
You can find the translated interview here. If you’re an EarthBound fan, you’re bound by law to read it. This also makes three huge Itoi interviews she’s translated – she’s a machine
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Another Big Itoi Interview Translated
- Isaiah Vinson: I already finished Mother 2 then, Mother 3 and finally Mother 1. And now all I have to do is to wait till Mother 4 released. I...
- Nick97: But will it keep all the funny alt text on the images?! I’m really excited for this, especially if you also get done a Mother 3 book....
- Blue-streaker: What about the mother 3 legends of localization? Is it getting a book too?
- itoi: In some case of coincidence I heard rumours MOTHER 4 will be on Nintendo eShop(3DS or Wii u)?
- UbaNess: Congratulations on the Kickstarter success! Proud to be a backer and can’t wait for the goodies