MOTHER3+ and MOTHER3i Gone?
Remember this big Shigesato Itoi interview about MOTHER 2? Well, Chewy burned some more midnight oil to translate an equally as big and fascinating interview that took place two years later, right after MOTHER 2 was finally released in Japan in 1994.
(click to see translated interview)
Some of the things that Itoi talks about are:
- Why MOTHER 2/EarthBound was nearly canceled
- The game was originally supposed to be 8Mb in size, but wound up 300% that in the end
- Itoi considered having different planets you travel to
- Kids harrassing him about how MOTHER 2 was taking too long
- The rolling HP meter was originally something else entirely
- And much more stuff!
You can find the translated interview here. If you’re an EarthBound fan, you’re bound by law to read it. This also makes three huge Itoi interviews she’s translated – she’s a machine 😯
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Another Big Itoi Interview Translated
- Mattiac: Very nice! ^_^
- Anonymous: And I mean the first Xenoblade, not X (sadly)
- Anonymous: “Given the wringer that Fire Emblem titles are being strung through by Treehouse’s horribly unprofessional practices, I have to...
- Venus: so i think me and xenobite are reving earthbound 64 so I guess I mentioned about EarthBound 64 too on reddit.I found even EarthBound 64 on...
- SuperGamingbro64: Is this real? I remember this show being on TV but they never would talk about something that’s not mainstream.