Catchin’ Some EarthBound Plushes!
Remember this big Shigesato Itoi interview about MOTHER 2? Well, Chewy burned some more midnight oil to translate an equally as big and fascinating interview that took place two years later, right after MOTHER 2 was finally released in Japan in 1994.
(click to see translated interview)
Some of the things that Itoi talks about are:
- Why MOTHER 2/EarthBound was nearly canceled
- The game was originally supposed to be 8Mb in size, but wound up 300% that in the end
- Itoi considered having different planets you travel to
- Kids harrassing him about how MOTHER 2 was taking too long
- The rolling HP meter was originally something else entirely
- And much more stuff!
You can find the translated interview here. If you’re an EarthBound fan, you’re bound by law to read it. This also makes three huge Itoi interviews she’s translated – she’s a machine
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Another Big Itoi Interview Translated
- UbaNess: Similar sentiment that I have been seeing on here, I already bought Earthbound (of course, I am here commenting) but also many others that...
- Raiden: This looks pretty cool. I do have the rom file for the nes emulator but if the random encounters are anything like the original final...
- Vern: I’m actually quite excited by this, much more than any other fan hacks or projects lately – for any games. It’s like being...
- ThatDetectiveFellow: Club Nintendo in America is significantly better than in Europe, Europe’s one (at least that for the UK) is scarcely...
- Peel Z Union: Eartbound Zero better come on virtual console before this comes out or i’ll be forced to get this.