Retro Gamer’s EarthBound Re-release Review
Remember this big Shigesato Itoi interview about MOTHER 2? Well, Chewy burned some more midnight oil to translate an equally as big and fascinating interview that took place two years later, right after MOTHER 2 was finally released in Japan in 1994.
(click to see translated interview)
Some of the things that Itoi talks about are:
- Why MOTHER 2/EarthBound was nearly canceled
- The game was originally supposed to be 8Mb in size, but wound up 300% that in the end
- Itoi considered having different planets you travel to
- Kids harrassing him about how MOTHER 2 was taking too long
- The rolling HP meter was originally something else entirely
- And much more stuff!
You can find the translated interview here. If you’re an EarthBound fan, you’re bound by law to read it. This also makes three huge Itoi interviews she’s translated – she’s a machine 😯
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Another Big Itoi Interview Translated
- ShadowOne333: Oh my! I didn’t notice that the translation was featured here! 😀 First of all, thanks to the wonderful hacking community that...
- shadow: Im curious as of why and even the most recent one after mother was announced for wii u vc, why no one askes about if its going to be...
- Leeaux: I’m commenting just to upvote MightyYT
- MightyYT: Did said cookie come from a gift box you found in the woods near your house? Or did your sister give it to you before you went on an epic...
- Anonymous: Hey swifter, good for you. Do you want a cookie? So Mato, what do you think?