How Lucky Sandwiches Work
Remember this big Shigesato Itoi interview about MOTHER 2? Well, Chewy burned some more midnight oil to translate an equally as big and fascinating interview that took place two years later, right after MOTHER 2 was finally released in Japan in 1994.
(click to see translated interview)
Some of the things that Itoi talks about are:
- Why MOTHER 2/EarthBound was nearly canceled
- The game was originally supposed to be 8Mb in size, but wound up 300% that in the end
- Itoi considered having different planets you travel to
- Kids harrassing him about how MOTHER 2 was taking too long
- The rolling HP meter was originally something else entirely
- And much more stuff!
You can find the translated interview here. If you’re an EarthBound fan, you’re bound by law to read it. This also makes three huge Itoi interviews she’s translated – she’s a machine
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Another Big Itoi Interview Translated
- Tacoturtle19: I NEED one!
- Tacoturtle19: Well… Dang. On top of scalpers, I also have to deal with the fact that Nintendo is going to make barely any Ness amiibo outside...
- Tacoturtle19: I honestly don’t think this will get past both Nintendo and Lego. As much as I would like it to be real, I just don’t...
- Tacoturtle19: This NEEDS to be real. Except I really don’t think it will get the 10000 votes it needs and get past Lego. It would really cool...
- TGK Ty: @Nathan You would like to purchase my design? I’ll see if it is possible to share them.