Itoi’s Music Video in English!
Remember this big Shigesato Itoi interview about MOTHER 2? Well, Chewy burned some more midnight oil to translate an equally as big and fascinating interview that took place two years later, right after MOTHER 2 was finally released in Japan in 1994.
(click to see translated interview)
Some of the things that Itoi talks about are:
- Why MOTHER 2/EarthBound was nearly canceled
- The game was originally supposed to be 8Mb in size, but wound up 300% that in the end
- Itoi considered having different planets you travel to
- Kids harrassing him about how MOTHER 2 was taking too long
- The rolling HP meter was originally something else entirely
- And much more stuff!
You can find the translated interview here. If you’re an EarthBound fan, you’re bound by law to read it. This also makes three huge Itoi interviews she’s translated – she’s a machine 😯
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Another Big Itoi Interview Translated
- David: Cool! You should put it up on Github!
- Fred Bounder: Nice
- Not the Mani Mani statue: @Alex Dyson Mind giving us a link to any of his social media? Like twitter or Facebook? Just want to make sure that...
- Alex Dyson: Maybe it’s unused “msuic”?
- Alex Dyson: He also had the TV volume at full blast when he played it, though I can’t remember hearing these…