Impressive MOTHER Collection
Remember this big Shigesato Itoi interview about MOTHER 2? Well, Chewy burned some more midnight oil to translate an equally as big and fascinating interview that took place two years later, right after MOTHER 2 was finally released in Japan in 1994.
(click to see translated interview)
Some of the things that Itoi talks about are:
- Why MOTHER 2/EarthBound was nearly canceled
- The game was originally supposed to be 8Mb in size, but wound up 300% that in the end
- Itoi considered having different planets you travel to
- Kids harrassing him about how MOTHER 2 was taking too long
- The rolling HP meter was originally something else entirely
- And much more stuff!
You can find the translated interview here. If you’re an EarthBound fan, you’re bound by law to read it. This also makes three huge Itoi interviews she’s translated – she’s a machine
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Another Big Itoi Interview Translated
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound (Super Nintendo, SNES RPG) Cartridge Only - Tested and works (210)
- www.clubfiat147.cl: To a certain extend that is true, but it is also false. Even when carrying out a weight loss plan of consistent exercise and a...
- Jorge Lobos: Whoa! I’m also from Chile, and I know many people (including me) played “Earthbound” and/or “Mother...
- Pk Derp: We had gotten to Scaraba last I checked. It’s kinda cool, it’s only like the same 5 people playing it everyday (I’m one...
- Saturn Jr.: I got a laugh out of the lyrics x)
- ejruss25: Haha. And make the Devil’s Machine a Wither trapped in a glass Netherrack brain thing. Or something.