Fresh Prince of Fire Mountain
Remember this big Shigesato Itoi interview about MOTHER 2? Well, Chewy burned some more midnight oil to translate an equally as big and fascinating interview that took place two years later, right after MOTHER 2 was finally released in Japan in 1994.
(click to see translated interview)
Some of the things that Itoi talks about are:
- Why MOTHER 2/EarthBound was nearly canceled
- The game was originally supposed to be 8Mb in size, but wound up 300% that in the end
- Itoi considered having different planets you travel to
- Kids harrassing him about how MOTHER 2 was taking too long
- The rolling HP meter was originally something else entirely
- And much more stuff!
You can find the translated interview here. If you’re an EarthBound fan, you’re bound by law to read it. This also makes three huge Itoi interviews she’s translated – she’s a machine
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Another Big Itoi Interview Translated
Leave a reply
- Opinionated Vector Chimera: @NESter, EarthBound Zero would take a really long time to hack, and BBHack is only in its initial stages. But Mato did...
- Paul: I just bought the same game Alex, its clearly not genuine. I’ve asked the seller for a refund and will ship it back.
- TyBlood13: Because it’s still the superior version of the game, and now, the sound could be restored with a patch.
- NESter: Ugh…why Mother 1+2? The graphics are squashed, the sound degraded…I can’t stand the “fuzzy” sound of the Game...
- Gooptek: Holy crap yes Dreams become true