EarthBound Inspires Kung Fu MMO
Remember this big Shigesato Itoi interview about MOTHER 2? Well, Chewy burned some more midnight oil to translate an equally as big and fascinating interview that took place two years later, right after MOTHER 2 was finally released in Japan in 1994.
(click to see translated interview)
Some of the things that Itoi talks about are:
- Why MOTHER 2/EarthBound was nearly canceled
- The game was originally supposed to be 8Mb in size, but wound up 300% that in the end
- Itoi considered having different planets you travel to
- Kids harrassing him about how MOTHER 2 was taking too long
- The rolling HP meter was originally something else entirely
- And much more stuff!
You can find the translated interview here. If you’re an EarthBound fan, you’re bound by law to read it. This also makes three huge Itoi interviews she’s translated – she’s a machine 😯
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Another Big Itoi Interview Translated
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...