Giant Mr. Saturn Event in Detail
May 31st, 2009 | Weekly Round-Up
Whoa, it’s week #20! This site be gettin’ old! Its velocity is one week per week!
This past week was pretty cool I thought, lots of neat EarthBound things. I’m not sure on the details, but I think sometime in June or July the annual EarthBound Funktastic Game Play thing is gonna take place. Last year’s was awesome, and this year’s sounds like it might be even better.
Anyway, that random announcement aside, let’s see what’s happened this past week 😀
- Been working on the MOTHER 1+2 translation some more. Jeff helped by updating the text editor a bit, and I’ve slowly been working through item descriptions, enemies descriptions, and some misc. text. I’ll make another update about the project at some point.
- June is almost here, and that means new automatic monthly site theme! I’m not very fond of the current Saturn Valley theme, so that’ll be a nice change of pace 🙂
- Psychic predicts MOTHER 3 will get a DS release – not necessarily at E3 though
- That EarthBound-lookalike game for the ROID service is indeed “The Another World”
- Ness has a Twitter account! Stalk him!
- MOTHER 1 speedrun – 25 minutes from start to finish!
- Wow, the Skate Punk is the least popular Shark!
- EarthBound is Gameradar’s 28th best game of all time
- Some EarthBound cosplay at Otafest
- Ooh, miniature MOTHER 3 food
- Battery Man plushie was put up for sale and it sold soon after
- Fan Game: Save Mr. Saturn!
- Some kickass MOTHER series music in Mario Paint
- 3D Moonside in Second Life!
Cool Auctions & Merchandise
This past week was a bit mellower in terms of stuff on eBay, but here’s some of the cool latest stuff that’s shown up. Maybe something might catch your eye 😛
Also, you can check to see what EarthBound/MOTHER stuff is currently on eBay at any time here!
- EarthBound for $60!!!
- MOTHER 1+2 Mr. Saturn strap! – rare and a reasonable price
- EarthBound strategy guide for $69
- MOTHER 1+2 & MOTHER 3 bundle with free shipping
- MOTHER 2 catridge for only $8!
- EarthBound + Strategy Guide with free shipping
- MOTHER 2 complete for only $18.80
- MOTHER 3 cart for only $39.99!
- Heh, this still costs $2000 and no one’s bought it yet, I wonder why
And here’s some stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan, it was a slow week here too, though:
- EarthBound remake announced – obviously fake 😛
- The Four Things I Would Like to See at E3 But Won’t
- Say Fuzzy Pickles! – story of a real life photographer
- Mr. Saturn plush for sale on Etsy
- Some cool EarthBound hacking updates from the Hyperbound guy!
- The Nintendo Saga forum game
- Pigmask Quest forum game
- Let’s Play this Song of Eight Pieces
- Tree From My Youth (MOTHER 3 radio play) updated
- Of Pigs and Masks comic updated
- Vengence comic updated
- Fan game: Bound – demo out
- New version of EarthBound Music Editor is out – still need a Ph.D. to use it though 🙁
I’ve translated so much that I’m now in the negative world, so I can’t keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!
What’s Up With Itoi
- This week, Itoi talked about how he’s actually very lazy, and how he’s striving to be even lazier. He’s obviously not lazy, but I guess he just gets the feeling that he is. I get that feeling all the time myself, but when I look back I see I was actually crazy busy. Anybody else experienced that? I bet this is a common thing actually.
- He also talked about friends. I won’t go into as much detail as he did, but he seemed curious at the way friends are made, and how friends differ from other relationships, like that of a lover. He was curious about the process, and how it differs for people.
- He also talked about how his dog Bouillon is a great dog except for the fact that it watches TV. Like, REALLY watches TV. It especially likes documentaries and news, but it watches and listens to pretty much any show at all. Everyone Itoi knows thinks that’s amazing, but Itoi just assumed that all dogs do that. But apparently not, not even Bouillon’s parents pay any attention to TV, so it’s not a matter of breed. Anyway, Bouillon’s instincts are that of a hunting dog, so whenever there’s an animal on the screen, barking ensues, and that’s a huge annoyance more than anything to Itoi. I was kind of surprised with Itoi’s tone in this particular update, it was more negative than anything else I’ve seen him write there. Basically, he thinks Bouillion is a great dog, except for that one single problem.
What’s in store this next week? I don’t have much planned ahead right now, but what I do have planned is stuff I like a lot. I also have some goofy updates in store, and since these weekly polls are doing well, I’ll have another one later today probably. I really should sit down and plan these things out better, but I’m so
lazy busy 😛
You know what’d be cool to do? Drink with one of those ghosts in MOTHER 3. I’m not much of a wine guy, but some other nice booze would be nice.
Other Related Posts:
19 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #20
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...
- Castaway: I bought this right away! Can’t wait for mine to come in. I do have a concern, though. It says my order went through yet I...