MOTHER 1 Trick: Keep EVE Permanently
May 3rd, 2009 | Weekly Round-Up
Ooh, this week marks EB Central’s Sweet 16! Let’s all put on pink party hats and have a slumber party!
This last week was particularly slow update-wise due to a hectic work week. I actually had to ban myself from EB Central and Starmen.Net to make sure I didn’t get distracted at all. Crazy, but it helps, as I’m sure reid can attest to himself. I wonder what kinds of things people working on the MOTHER games had to do to focus during crunch time too.
Anyway, let’s have a look at what’s gone on this week!
- I noticed the other day that EB Central surpassed the million hit mark since the site opened in mid-January. That might sound like a lot, but this site is actually still pretty small-time in terms of unique visitors and only gets a fraction of the traffic SM.Net and the M3 blog used to get. But it’s a cool landmark in the site’s history and I’m glad the site’s been this successful this quickly 😀
- It’s a new month, so the site’s auto-switched to a new theme. Looks like May is Saturn Valley. I gotta admit, I was mighty fond of last month’s Onett theme. That color of green really suits the games well. Surprisingly Saturn Valley’s colors look kind of dull or dead, at least in comparison.
- Brand-new, unopened copy of EarthBound on eBay! 😯
- A huge, awesome interview with Itoi two years before MOTHER 2’s release in Japan!
- Japan would like to have a MOTHER series movie!
- Shigesato Itoi is a voice actor in My Neighbor Totoro
- A fan makes an EarthBound mini-game for the new Wario Ware for DS
- We looked at the insides of an EarthBound Zero reproduction cart
- A cool fan-made album of remixed EarthBound series music! Only $5!
- A jazzy Japanese rendition of Pollyanna
- MOTHER 2 vs. EarthBound stuff in Nintendo World Brazil magazine
Cool Auctions & Merchandise
A whole lot of new stuff this week! This biggest news, of course, is the brand-new, unopened copy of EarthBound. As of this writing, it’s currently at $810 with a day or two left 😯
Some other cool stuff showed up this week. Check it out! Remember that you can check to see what EarthBound/MOTHER stuff is currently on eBay at any time here!
- Official Starman keychain!
- Official Master Belch keychain! – drown to death in puke!
- MOTHER 1 vocal CD – very good deal!
- MOTHER 1+2 promo billboard, never used – very rare!
- A copy of MOTHER 2 for only $19.95!
- A copy of MOTHER 1 for only $20!
- Mr. Saturn cell phone strap
- Super NES mini-system + EarthBound – ???? what is this? Is it European or something?
And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:
- Giant Mr. Saturn!
- MOTHER 3 Claus cosplay outfit! – that glove is so bad
- Nintendo Super Famicom Earthworld 1994 booklet – very rare and has a MOTHER 2 ad in it!
I also updated the list of EarthBound-related stuff that’s on Amazon:
- Small Town Love
- Playground Hero
- EarthBound – custome-made Shark Punk figurines
- EarthBound Blog opens
- Contest for a homemade Mr. Saturn plushie!
- Don’t fear the swine flu! Videogame pigs are the real threat
- A world without Pollyanna
- Fans tell their experiences with MOTHER 3 after finishing it
- Of Pigs and Masks updated
- The Chosen Four comic updated – whoa WTF that’s now how the coffee scene goes 😯
- Win an Ultimate Chimera plushie!
- Office Bound
I’m part fruit and part vegetable, so I can’t humanly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!
What’s Up With Itoi
- Golden Week’s been going on Japan, so Itoi’s posts haven’t been anything of significant interest, at least not much worthy of reporting. The biggest thing that I remember this week is that he’s finally going to use this Golden Week as a time to stop eating so much. He often talks about how he overeats, especially lately, but he sounds pretty serious about stopping. He used to be a really heavy smoker (he was even famous for it) and he stopped in this same manner back around the time MOTHER 1+2 was released. So he’ll probably do well.
This last week was really busy for me work-wise, so updates were fewer than usual. It looks like this next week will be equally as crazy, so I’m not going to make any specific predictions for updates for this upcoming week. I had planned for a review of Sirens of Titan for this past week, but someone else offered to write a review for me, so I’m delaying that update a little bit. Anyway, I’ll still keep updating with stuff whenever possible this week, so keep checking back!
I gotta find a way to updates better. Maybe I should do a whole bunch of updates in advance, like on a Sunday, and then have them auto-posted throughout the week, that way I won’t have to try so hard to find time to update during the work week. But meh, that’s too much work for a weekend, heh 😛
Other Related Posts:
22 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #16
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER2 EARTHBOUND DOSAISAN Mr SATUARN banpresto figure plush doll from Japan
- KyleRXZero: So….Who bought it? 🙂
- Expert: Hot damn. I wonder if they’re gonna display it or sell it or what.
- Chairman of the Board: Holy smokes, someone actually scooped it up! Imagine the seller fees and costs that’ll add up. I estimate he made...
- Chairman of the Bored: Thanks, Expert! I tried looking up what it was but couldn’t tell if it was simply fanfic material or weird sex stuff....
- KingOfSwords: To keep all the bits attached.