Random Post:

EarthBound Script Dump
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10

May 22nd, 2009 | Auctions, EarthBound, Merchandise

A little while ago we saw that copy of EarthBound sell for over $1000. But did you know that empty EarthBound boxes themselves tend to go for a lot, too?

Here’s one that’s selling for as much as (or more) than EarthBound catridges!

I gotta admit though, the EarthBound box does kick ass

With all this EarthBound stuff going for such high prices, I bet if I sold all my stuff I’d have enough to buy the rights to MOTHER 7 😛

23 Comments to Want an EarthBound Box?

honeymustard said on May. 22, 2009

Heh, I got mine for $40. Damn thing didn’t have the white inner tray though.

Mato said on May. 22, 2009

Did you already have the guide/game, or are you still putting together a frankenstein monster-like creation of the cart from one place, guide from another, box from another place, inner tray thing from Mars?

Kurisuellegarden said on May. 22, 2009

Maybe you should buy the rights… o-o Then make a Mother 4! 😀

Thenumber1yoshi said on May. 22, 2009

As cool and as massive as the box is, its still just an empty box that just looks cool, about the only thing I would buy seprate from the actual game itself (besides a SNES to play it with) is the game guide and instruction booklet (unless the two are one in the same) that came with it not that I need help to get through the game, thats what I have the Starmen.net walkthrough for, but I just heard it has some nice pretty humorous bits in there that make it more than just a mere game guide.

In fact if someone would I’d like someone to put the entire thing on adobe reader so I could download the thing online or just look at it online, well actually I really want to look at it just so I can see all the stuff in it (especially the humourous stuff and the things that made it different from an average guide).

The scratch ‘n’ sniff cards/stickers would be nice to have too even if they were part of the reason the game got it’s “This Game Stinks!” slogan (its one reason I can think of why they would put such a slogan with it). But anyways those would be the stuff I would order and would like to see or own. I’ll stop before this gets too long and if anyone does have a file of all the game guide in adobe reader could they please let Me see it? Oh and I have Adobe Reader 6.0 on My bedroom computer, I’m not sure about the living room one, but you don’t have to do this but I thank everyone even if that don’t.

Mr. Beefy said on May. 22, 2009

Actually I might have a copy of the guide in PDF format but I could be confusing it with SMRPG but I’m sure I have both. I’ll check when I get home.

santiagoff said on May. 22, 2009

Everybody knows that the game guide that came with EarthBound IS uploaded and downloadble on starmen.net , right?

Bobbyjkl said on May. 22, 2009

They should make a printable papercraft box. Come on, you guys have scanners… right?

Ghanni said on May. 22, 2009

This is going to be sold within a day or two, I’ve seen boxes along go for over 100$

Spitball Sparky said on May. 22, 2009

I am very tempted to buy this…I have the guide and cartridge…didn’t keep the box around…

Crysta said on May. 22, 2009

There are actually tons of the guides out there if you look for them… for a while Funco Land had an overstock of them and was selling them for $5 each or less. Thanks to them I was able to replace the one that came with my copy of the game that I let a friend borrow and he literally tore up accidentally.

My box is kinda beat up (got it used), but still happy to have it. That and the air freshener, though i’m not sure where that is. 🙂

PSInesslove93 said on May. 22, 2009

i really want an earthbound box; small and big. its a shame im so broke though and there was that one auction a while ago for both that went for $60 something. lost last min. though =T

Thenumber1yoshi said on May. 23, 2009

@stantiagoff

Ok but Starmen.net is kind of hard to naviagate for Me, so I have trouble finding certain stuff there anyways is their version better than the one I found? Because I did manage to find one that shows the entire thing on the internet, but too many of the pages cut off the words on the far right sides, (you know when you try to read something like that and the words on the pages are cut off well it would be real nice to see one without such a problem)

Anyways which section does Starmen.net keep their version of the Nintendo Players Guide? I would love to see it yet I’ve always found that trying to find stuff like that on Starmen.net is hard to do since the website is difficult to try and find such things and I don’t know the first place on there to search for such a thing (heck I still don’t know where they keep those lyrics to Pollyanna and Mother 1 songs at when I found the links to them while lurking at GameFAQs same story with the Japanese lyrics translated to English with Mother 2’s lyrics with songs like “Because I Love You” and “Smile and Tears” I have no idea where they keep those because I don’t know the first place to go when I first get to Starmen.net’s homepage if anyone could tell me which section the Nintendo Players Guide is at I’d apperciate it, thank you).

Thenumber1yoshi said on May. 23, 2009

Oh and Crysta do they still sell the guides that come with the Scratch ‘n’ Sniff cards/stickers? As I would hope that they do because that would be one of the reasons I would buy it other than for the humuor parts of it.

Mato said on May. 23, 2009

I put the guide up here like a year or two ago.

Pishi said on May. 23, 2009

Mato, I was wondering what you meant by “buying the rights to Mother 7”. I thought it could have been an exaggeration of how much unopened EB boxes are selling for nowadays, or a joke on that one time when Itoi said he didn’t want to see the Mother series getting sequels and sequels over and over.

Then I realized you might’ve just typo’d using the NumPad. Eh?

(Also, I had no idea that the EB guide was available on SM.net!)

Mato said on May. 23, 2009

I was gonna say Mother 4, but then I thought that people might mistake my joke for being serious, so I went one digit up the keypad 😛

Ghanni said on May. 23, 2009

It’s already sold, shame for the guy though, he could have put it at 150$US and it would of still sold.

Digitalized said on May. 23, 2009

Eh, I’d rather buy the game than the box, because, well, I’d be all excited, “Oooooh! I’m getting an EB Box!, Oh… I thought it’d be more… entertaining…”

Crysta said on May. 24, 2009

Yes, the ones they sold had the cards in them still.. but like I said this was years ago, probably around ’99 if I remember right. They were also selling an overstock of the even older early ’90s “Game Players” NES compilation guides.. mainly the one with Bart vs. the Space Mutants on the cover.

Dragmire said on May. 24, 2009

I have a Display Version Box I doubt its worth much though

motherfan mark 2 said on Jun. 1, 2009

Wow, the box was sold for $79.95.

chadlee7@comcast.net said on Mar. 8, 2011

i have 200$ for just the box in good condition

Daniath said on Jan. 6, 2012

I was wondering if anyone new where to get the inserts that came in the original package. I have everything but the cardboard insert and the inserts. I also have an extra guide.

Find Merchandise!