May 2nd, 2009 | Misc.

(I’ll remove this post soon, it’s not a real update or anything, just a call for help)

Can someone with skills convert this to AVI? There’s a small MOTHER segment starting at 11 minutes and ending at around 13 and a half minutes, that’s the only thing I need. I want to subtitle it into English, but my usual ways of converting online videos don’t seem to work πŸ™

Can anyone help?

24 Comments to Some Quick Help Requested

Wulf said on May. 2, 2009

I’m at it, just waiting for the video to download right now…

fnool said on May. 2, 2009

I would, but I’m having some trouble actually downloading the file – mainly because its page on dailymotion says the video is actually private. If I could figure out how to download the swf I’d gladly transcode it for you.

santiagoff said on May. 2, 2009

Sorry , all online converters I use just haven’t been working lately. I’d help you if I could :X

Wulf said on May. 2, 2009

Is Mp4 okay?

Tansunn said on May. 2, 2009

Currently converting to AVI, I’ll upload it once it’s finished.

Tonchiki said on May. 2, 2009

I’m at it too; at least one of us will get it to work.

Keiji Dragon said on May. 2, 2009

Yo Mato.

I have already have footage of the MOTHER segment already. Its not exactly what you wanted, but I hope you can work from it. I’m sending it right now.

DragonKazooie89 said on May. 2, 2009

You can convert any video file to AVI if you download the free program, WinFF. I use it a lot.

Wulf said on May. 2, 2009

Finally done, I must say that was hard to do. (It’s an wmv now.)

File here: http://www.filedropper.com/motherpartwmv

I used http://cinemaf.com/ to download the flv and then converted it with VLC media player + some editing. Took so long becase the files at first ended up at 958Mb…

Mato said on May. 2, 2009

Wulf: Is there any way you could make that an avi (but not by converting the wmv, since that’d lower the quality)? I can’t sub wmvs, which is why I was hoping someone could make it into an avi.

Tonchiki said on May. 2, 2009

I could try converting the WMV without lowering the quality… Lemme give it a shot.

Aska said on May. 2, 2009

How’s this?

I’ve got the non-compressed version (4GB…) if you’d want that instead, packing into a .rar as I type this.

Tansunn said on May. 2, 2009

http://robocoon.net/tansunn/file-432124462.avi even though I’m a bit late.

Aska said on May. 2, 2009

Doh, the reason the uncompressed version is 4GB is because I ran it through twice somehow… here it is. It’s 28MB as apposed to the compressed one that’s 19MB.

I knew something was screwy there…

Wulf said on May. 2, 2009

Thanks Tonchiki (Works perfect)! How did you convert it?

Tonchiki said on May. 2, 2009

Kudos on cutting and converting it in the first place, Wulf!
I used SUPER (look up “SUPER (software)” on Wikipedia) to convert it. It’s a handy program as long as you know how to use it. It can convert tons of things to tons of other things.

sg_06 said on May. 2, 2009

… 0_<

Well it looks like I was beaten to the punch. Twice. Because my firefox crashed.

However I converted mine from mp4 to avi. Not sure if there’s even a difference in quality…but: http://www.filedropper.com/helpingtomato

ropesnake said on May. 2, 2009

So did you get into Game Center CX after that Makai Mura link I sent you!? (I’m so proud!)

Saturnome said on May. 2, 2009

Yeah, SUPER is a great software for such things. I downloaded some videos from YouTube and converted them into mp3 to get the music easily, with great quality.

Mato said on May. 3, 2009

Cool, thanks everyone! I’ll check out the stuff in the morning (crap it’s already morning) and see what’s best. Anyone who helped can get a custom user pic here if you want.

Aska said on May. 3, 2009

Crap, my files are gone. Maybe it’s the generic name? (the links are just the name of the file you uploaded)

Oh well, if you still want mine, I redid it and it’s a bit better quality now. It’s here: http://www.filedropper.com/motherfortomato

JudgeDeadd said on Dec. 1, 2009

It’s been 7 months and you still haven’t deleted this post.

Shame on you.

Anonymous said on Sep. 6, 2011

It’s been 1 year, 5 months, and 4 days and you still haven’t deleted it. Shame on you. πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚

Zoom! said on Sep. 6, 2011