May 27th, 2009 | MOTHER 3, Rumors

I like Destructoid stuff, and the idea of consulting a psychic about upcoming E3 stuff just adds to that pile of fondness I have for the site.

But what I found most interesting in that visit to the psychic was that she predicted that MOTHER 3 would be released on the Nintendo DS.

Of course, I don’t really believe that stuff, but it’s awesome that the question was even asked 😀

And since I know people will probably bring the topic up, here is the link where Brownie Brown said they’d love to make a DS version of MOTHER 3, Nintendo just has to say the word.

PS please Giygas, if this does come true, make it so an English version is made too, if I have to hack a DS version of MOTHER 3 I think I’ll explode

POLL: Do you think this prediction will come true?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

51 Comments to Psychic Predicts MOTHER 3 for DS

Simon Roberts said on May. 27, 2009

In related news, I checked with resident SMNet badge icon Patrick, but he just said “WOWOWOWOW I CANT BELEVE TOMATAO GOT MS CLEO TO BE IN HIS POOL!!!!!!!” so I’d say it’s a toss-up.

Earthbound_X said on May. 27, 2009

I remember when Gameinfomer asked a psychic what game console was gonna win.

It was during the N64, and PS days.

She said the console that was the first to connect to the internet would come out the winner.

Turns out it was the Dreamcast, and we all know what happened to that.

rayefrenzy said on May. 27, 2009

getting my ice cream ready. As per mitch comic.

LucasTizma said on May. 27, 2009

Pssh. I’d rather play a Mato-translated M3 DS title over NoA’s translation. XD

bobbyjkl said on May. 27, 2009

PSI amrite? Hahaha.

KingDarian said on May. 27, 2009

XD ROFL

“Call me now, babies~” I loved those Miss Cleo commercials from back in the day. I kind of miss them.

After reading a few of her predictions, namely “Nintendo has an attitude that they know everything, but that is a problem. They are having trouble taking in outside criticism.” I have to say stat I 100% have to believe this prediction. It’s gonna happen. 😀

Someone Else said on May. 28, 2009

I voted “no” since I’m trying to be realistic. Voting “yes” seems too hopeful, to me. I like Tomato’s translation, anyway, but I would love an official Nintendo English release of MOTHER 3.

EzraSmith said on May. 28, 2009

Psychics are right normally.

Jason said on May. 28, 2009

PSYCHIC PREDICTS MOTHER 3 FOR DS

..Afterwards, she shouted, “PSI TELEPORT!” and ran into a wall, sparking endless debate over her legitimacy pertaining to Mother/Earthbound.

eb0ebm3 said on May. 28, 2009

why would you translate (the/a) DS version if you’ve already translated the GBA version?

IWontGetOvertheDam said on May. 28, 2009

Uhhh… Wow. That’s about all I can say.

Earthbound Zero said on May. 28, 2009

Miss Cleo knows all….

I hope.

Chimera said on May. 28, 2009

But it was the PENDULUM that predicted it, not her, so that means it has to be right. The pendulum never lies.

Churly said on May. 28, 2009

Why would it go unreleased in America if it’s announced at an AMERICAN Expo?

If it were Spaceworld, it would stand a chance of not getting international release.

Oh well, we’ll see.

Mato said on May. 28, 2009

I don’t think the Mother 3 question specifically concerned E3 though, just in general.

eb0ebm3: because a DS version would have new/different things probably.

Electric Nova said on May. 28, 2009

Of course, I would expect you to explode if you had to hack a DS Mother 3

Aerostella said on May. 28, 2009

Hacking Mother 3 once was more than enough. 😛

i trol u said on May. 28, 2009

maybe they will make an actually good translation this time

santiagoff said on May. 28, 2009

Yes , I really hope it comes true ;D

PSInesslove93 said on May. 28, 2009

i voted No. as much as i would love for this to happen, i doubt it. and psychics are bullcrap in my opinion anyways.

The Great Morgil said on May. 28, 2009

I would say “when pigs fly” but them the chimera lab would probably create one with wings.

Claus said on May. 28, 2009

NoA’s letter font would probably suck. I like Mato’s, but if it does come out, I’d get it anyway.

wants_latios_lots said on May. 28, 2009

Goin’ with LucasTizma on this one. I think the fan translation is definitely more personal, seeing how it was a complete labor of love. As mind-blowing as it would be to see a DS Mother 3 over here, I’d rather play Mato’s version <3

Churly said on May. 28, 2009

to The Great Morgil: You haven’t heard of “Swine Flu” yet?

XD

FuzzyPicklez said on May. 28, 2009

OK, this is just awesome. Not only did somebody who didn’t have a clue about video games (and DEFINITELY had never even heard of MOTHER 3) pull out several tarot cards whose meanings pointed to the release of MOTHER 3 for DS, she also used a psychic pendulum without even putting force into it, which said that MOTHER 3 would be released for DS.

She must be as psychic as Paula, or more!

I don’t know if they would translate a MOTHER 3 for DS, but based on what Brownie Brown once said, it is very likely that Iwata will try to make it possible.

tiradefaction said on May. 28, 2009

Lol, Miss Cleo….

I’d have to say no though, Nintendo seems it wants to stay away from the Mother series as much as possible…

Churly said on May. 28, 2009

The tarot cards said nothing about Mother 3. Did they?

Digitalized said on May. 28, 2009

rayefrenzy said on May. 27, 2009

getting my ice cream ready. As per mitch comic.

Completely agree, rayefrenzy.

Ikwaylx said on May. 28, 2009

In due time, we will know what happens. I’m a skeptic when it comes to Psychics but if this comes true, then I’ll believe.

The Pickle said on May. 28, 2009

Please do not falsely raise our hopes. Thank you.

Sconner said on May. 29, 2009

Well if she’s wrong, about 3000 pissed off EB fans will be all over her XD
If she’s right, she might get relatively famous, it is a pretty bold prediction.

UltraGamer15 said on May. 29, 2009

*Waits for Mitch comic*

Lindstrom said on May. 29, 2009

I like how he asked about F-Zero. I think I recall the creators being unsure how to improve from GX.

But what about Pilotwings for the Wii? Seems so logical, yet totally ignored.

LightningLuigi said on May. 29, 2009

I wouldn’t be surprised if a Mother 3 remake was announced for the DS, but I’ll remain cautiously optimistic and say that I’m not expecting it. If it does happen, its very likely it will have an international release, considering all the publicity it got in Smash Bros. Brawl and what not. Unless it ends up being released at the very end of the DS’s life span where its too late to localize, as was the fate of the GBA version. But I’ll be cautiously optimistic. Cautiously.

Mike K said on May. 29, 2009

I can see a remake happening, in fact I would say that it is likely seeing the rather poor timing of the original release with GBA on the decline. However, I doubt that any remake would be in Engrish, which is unfortunate, but at least we always have Mato.

pichu said on May. 29, 2009

I hope they make mother 1 + 2 for ds also

Leirin said on May. 30, 2009

Ha, that was a strangely enjoyable read, despite me never believing in anything a psychic or fortune teller says 😛 Interesting that the pendulum said yes to it. It almost sounds like a fanboyish dream. I wonder how much of this will actually come true though when it comes in time for the con~? Bingo!

Mato said on May. 30, 2009

I mentioned it before, but I’m pretty sure that that prediction (and most of the others) isn’t for E3 specifically.

EzraSmith said on Jun. 1, 2009

According to Wikipedia, the recent Nintendo Power says Mother 2 is being remade for the Wii.

Gooeyheat said on Jun. 2, 2009

Oh boy, Wikipedia. Very reliable. [/sarcasm]

FuzzyPicklez said on Jun. 6, 2009

If she’s right, she’s awesome.

If she’s wrong, you gotta give her credit for being so convincing.

Either way, I’m glad that this was asked.

Also, I agree with Tomato. If the pendulum is psychic, it probably only answers the question itself, not paying heed to the circumstances of the actual meeting.

The only thing predicted to come this year that didn’t come was Dragon Quest IX.

Artillery said on Jun. 17, 2009

If she couldn’t use PSI then I won’t say that’s a very reliable source ;D

adam said on Jul. 15, 2009

god knows

Lukas said on Oct. 1, 2009

If she turns out to be right though….i’m SO gonna go to Psychic’s more often.

anonymous said on Dec. 3, 2009

*using psychic to hear NoA private conference*
Nothing ye… YES!!!!

Sam said on Dec. 26, 2009

I was thinking the same thing as Fuzzy Pickles and Mato: I doubted it was answering the question on E3 specifically.

Yes, I have faith in something like this happening. Besides, what about Brownie Brown saying they would love to bring this to America, right? Just saying…how much more would it hurt to believe? If you don’t, who will?

PSI Rockin' said on Dec. 20, 2010

Well, if she’s right, the English release had BETTER come with a free Franklin Badge, if you pre-ordered… Then, I’d get on my knees and grovel and beg and plead my parents to pre-order it…

THEmaN said on Apr. 27, 2011

Well I could definitley see that happening because its a classic and like all classics, is probably gonna be remade. BUTTT….The DS’s life is almost over with.

Opinionated said on May. 5, 2012

@Earthbound_X

“Turns out it was the Dreamcast, and we all know what happened to that.”

The problem wasn’t Dreamcast itself. It was the mere mention of the PS2 coming out that led to it becoming a failure.

(Why am I replying to a comment from three years ago? Oh well ;[)

jinxkatty7 said on Jul. 24, 2012

🙁 Now that its 2012 and the 3ds has been out for quite a while… I hate to say it but I doubt Mother 3 is being remade for DS. It seems like the 3ds is the new thing and Nintendo is focusing a bit less on DS games.

100earthbound said on Jul. 27, 2012