Earthbound Super Nintendo Snes Cleaned & Tested

May 15th, 2009 | MOTHER 3, Uncommon Knowledge, Videos

The cave entrance on Tanetane Island has a slight map graphic bug, as you can see here:

It’s not a major glitch, but I like to mess with it every time I get to that part of the game. Kind of like that hidden ledge in the snow level in Contra. I like simple weird stuff like this, dunno why.

Have you seen other stuff like this in any of the EB / MOTHER games? How about other games?

25 Comments to MOTHER 3 Cave Glitch

santiagoff said on May. 15, 2009

I’ve noticed this. Hmm… things like this in other games?
Mother 2 had a lot of these in the corners of houses and weird objects.

Belasted said on May. 15, 2009

I didn’t see anything except that they kept walking along the outer wall. What was the glitch?

Spitball Sparky said on May. 15, 2009

This bothers me every time I see it…

Deiphobus said on May. 15, 2009

the part in pokemon ruby when you can fall on a rock in sky pillar =D

Old West said on May. 15, 2009

Heh, I remember this

ScottKO said on May. 15, 2009

Simple graphical mistake, but yeah, kind of annoying

Chasmang said on May. 15, 2009

There are a few in EarthBound. Beds clipping over mushrooms when you’re mashroomized is the most obvious one I can think of.

LucasTizma said on May. 15, 2009

Did you notice this when you were patching M3 or after?

Saturnome said on May. 15, 2009

Well that ruin the whole game!
Nah nah. It reminds me of the most common RPGmaker bugs though!

Digamma said on May. 16, 2009

EB has a similar bug with a fence in the Happy Happy Village.

EarthBoundRules said on May. 16, 2009

In Mother 3, you can walk slightly underneath the orange mats that the Mole Crickets sit on. Just walk across the very top of the mats. I just noticed this now.

Belasted said on May. 16, 2009

As far as other games, I’m sure most of you know about how to get back into Potos Village in Secret of Mana. Also, in Super Mario World, I don’t know how it’s done, but a couple of times I have fallen through solid ground to my death. I’m pretty sure the spin-jump was involved.

the retard of epic proportions said on May. 17, 2009

I was considering putting this in my voice show when we get to this spot.
Lucas: This place looks familiar… OH! Dudes, walk along the entrance of this cave. I saw this on Youtube
Kumatora: HOLY $%!#!!!
Lucas: Yeah, it’s awesome isn’t it?

LarryTheCucumber said on May. 17, 2009

In Super Mario World, the best way of getting under ground is going to this one level in what I think is the third world (its the cave themed world), and finding this place where a winged question block can go beneath land on a slope. If you hit, and therefore stop it, right where its really close to the slope, then try to slide down the slope, you can slide right through the ground.

PK Scatman said on May. 20, 2009

its also on the right side

JoeWuzHere said on May. 21, 2009

Lucas figures out the truth that the Nowhere Islands are made out of paper!

anonymous said on Jun. 6, 2009

I saw this video, so when I played through the game, I kept an eye out for this place. When I found it, I just absolutely HAD to try it myself. Cool. I love random glitches like this.

Matoking said on Jul. 1, 2009

There was actually a tile in the last area of Mother 3 that just seemed out of place. Maybe I should post a picture?

Lucky said on Jul. 7, 2009

In most hot springs in Mother 3, if you inch down out of them your head will be sticking out of the ground.

Pyroguy42 said on Jul. 23, 2009

In EarthBound if you have a mushroom on your head it will glitch out if you walk along a fence. It will also float above your head in the hot spring in Saturn Valley

Smashcooper said on Nov. 9, 2009

I did something like this but it was duster and the wall was a tree.Duster was actually taller than the tree

Floridian said on Jan. 12, 2011

EarthBound, in Happy Happy Village, there is a fence on the far left side that will do something like that.

Mr.Fobby said on Dec. 16, 2011

why did i watch this again?

Mikeja78 said on Apr. 11, 2012

Oh, you got your head in part of the cave.

jinxkatty7 said on Jul. 15, 2012

I feel as though I’ve seen this. Maybe I already saw this video. Or I could of done this myself while playing. I’m not TOO observant. 🙁