Earthbound (SNES)

May 18th, 2009 | Let's Chat

Heya! Help me sleep at night! How did Dungeon Man manage to get Moonside enemies inside him? Surely he didn’t visit Moonside himself to get them…

32 Comments to Let’s Chat with Apple Kid!

Leirin said on May. 18, 2009

Without an inch of doubt, Moonside was but an illusionary glass of milk that Dungeon Man drank.

Jeeves said on May. 18, 2009

Brickroad and Dept. Store Spook ordered their enemies from the same catalog.

Spitball Sparky said on May. 18, 2009

Game Genie.

Miles Vialpando (PK ELECTION) said on May. 18, 2009

I must agree with Jeeves. hahaha

Bobbyjkl said on May. 18, 2009

Cough. It seems to me that Dungeon Man’s insides, at least, are a hullicination. So was Moonside.

beams said on May. 18, 2009

You’d be surprised to see what great lengths a dungeon maker would go through to get top quality enemies.

Rockin'Ness said on May. 18, 2009

I have to agree with Jeeves, too. Also, Mato, you need to make more posts like this! They’re cool!

sticktendo said on May. 18, 2009

The vehicles have secret teleporters in them that lead to Moonside.

rayefrenzy said on May. 18, 2009

well, since Dr. Andonuts made Dungeon Man, DR. ANDONUTS MADE MOONSIDE.

I KNOW THE REAL VILLAIN, GUYS!!!

tiradefaction said on May. 18, 2009

The TARDIS brought them over.

santiagoff said on May. 18, 2009

SO… THAT MEANS HE IS THE FETUS! SO HE ALSO MADE THE DEVILS MACHINE!
OMG DR ANDONUTS =GIYGAS=FETUS=LOLTHEORY!!!! ASÑDLKSAÑDLKASÑÑLQKRPOEWQI492384’02909FC

Alxprit said on May. 18, 2009

I say that Moonside enemies aren’t in Moonside, and they were actually lurking within Jackie’s closet. Dungeon Man agreed to take them off Jackie’s hands.

Calvin Sanvee said on May. 18, 2009

Apple kid, you fat bastard

ORANGE said on May. 18, 2009

Dungeon Man is a BIG version of the Mani Mani statue…….

SerialPsychosis said on May. 18, 2009

Magicant is another dungeon he designed… since he designed Ness…. because DUNGEON MAN IS NESS’ FATHER…IN AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE THE ULTIMATE DUNGEON INSIDE NESS!!! ZOMG!

Raw said on May. 18, 2009

If you take the time to look, dungeon man is CLEARLY vacationing in moonside while Ness was there. He must have caught the enemies there and brought them back over the border. In honor of Porky’s father I dub it: “swine flu”.

Zup said on May. 18, 2009

Clearly, Dungeon Man and Moonside are biological twins separated at birth. Moonside died before birth and was reborn due to the influences of the Mani Mani, a kind of zombie dungeon being. Dungeon Man and Moonside both have the same rare disease which manifests as the same strange enemies inside both.

metroidman said on May. 18, 2009

Cuz Iwata was pissed and lazy so he copy and pasted moonside enemies into dungeon man after coming to save the day. Now you know….and knowing is half the battle!

Crashpro3 said on May. 19, 2009

I guess Giygas can manipulate time and objects, so he could have scattered the evil around and those enemies somehow ended up there. They have a mind of their own!

Beryl said on May. 19, 2009

Wasn’t Moonside an illusion?

Who’s to say that the Moonside enemies were ever there in the first place?

Perhaps the enemies are not Moonside enemies, but Dungeon Man enemies. Maybe the question is: How did Moonside get Dungeon Man enemies?

I just realised… dungeon…
Has the words dung and eon in it…
… wierd…

Deraj626 said on May. 19, 2009

I agree with metroidman, but if you were in Earthbound, I would say the mani mani statue tried to become allays with dungeon man, but when he failed, he cursed him.

Big A2 said on May. 19, 2009

Obviously some sort of star gate is involved here…

Poe said on May. 19, 2009

For that matter, why does dungeon man state he has a belly button? He’s a big slab of stone. I hope to god no one gave birth to him. :O

Mushrooman said on May. 19, 2009

Maybe there is a vent in the entrance that sprays hallucenagens into your face when you walk in, Making you hallucenate to see the moonside enemies because they are what came last time you were hallicenating.

DiamondizedLucas said on May. 19, 2009

Poe: Well, wasn’t he human when you played as Jeff in Winters? Or am I thinking of Brick Road?

biehlza said on May. 19, 2009

Ness stole the mani Mani statue, and dropped somewhere in the Dungeon Man. Then they were in chaous.

Dr. Teapot said on May. 19, 2009

Here’s my theory.
As we all know, Dungeon Man is approximately 4 Nesses tall and 3 wide.
The INSIDE of Dungeon Man takes up much more than that.
Therefore, there is a pocket dimension inside DM. There is a pocket dimension in Moonside soonmide nedis oom as well.
It can then be reasoned that the Dali’s Clock is an extradimensional creature, and Dali had Second Sight for seeing into alternate realities.
Wecodemel nsi nsi moo!

Andrew said on May. 19, 2009

Maybe Moonside got enemies from Dungeon Man. That’s more possible.

Doctor Icarus said on May. 19, 2009

They’re his babies, tweet!

Yer fightin’ his babies, tweet!

Bobbyjkl said on May. 23, 2009

@teapot: Then, by an extension of your logic… Every room and inside of a building is a pocket dimension, AND mysteriously rotated by 45 degrees. Eerie..

Steve! said on Jun. 26, 2009

Bad dream maybe

Anonymous said on Dec. 14, 2010

He burnt the rope!!!! (If you dont get, see Fobbies are Borange)