May 24th, 2009 | EarthBound, Polls

Okay, we’ve looked at who the most popular main mothers and fathers of the MOTHER series are. So let’s try something a tiny bit different.

Which of the Shark punks is your favorite? I’m excluding Frank and his robot because they’d obviously win otherwise 😛

Click here to vote, yo!

POLL: Which Shark punk is your favorite?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

47 Comments to It’s a Shark Attack!

Jotokun said on May. 24, 2009

Definitly Pogo Punk! What speaks cool more than constantly falling down during an attack?

Bobbyjkl said on May. 24, 2009

First comment! And, great blog post. Obviously the skater, he can call hordes of punks in no time 🙂

rayefrenzy said on May. 24, 2009

Although I love how weird Yes Man Jr is, I’mma have to go with pogo punk. It makes me think of punks that pogo.

Poe said on May. 24, 2009

Yes Man Junior is awesome. He’s got that cool hula hoop (who finds that threatening, honestly?) and it also makes me wonder who Yes Man Senior is. Hmm! If only MPF was still doing her interpretation topics.

Excretophobia. Fear of going to the toilet. said on May. 24, 2009

skate punk is the only one who’s not wearing a gimp mask

Pishi said on May. 24, 2009

I’ll go with Yes Man Jr. as well. Is he trying (and failing) to be a Starman (Jr.) or what?

Darien said on May. 24, 2009

It’s all about Pogo Punk. Say what you will about Yes Man Junior’s hula hoop being non-threatening, but just imagine how non-threatening a dude chasing you on a pogo stick and trying to beat you up would be. And, hey, they even had the good taste to make him fall over, and if I learned one thing from America’s Funniest Home Videos, it’s that falling over is funny.

Pimpshi said on May. 24, 2009

The skate punk not only looks the coolest (a purple guy with a hula hoop? ANYONE with a pogo stick?!), but he’s my ticket to a level up with his help-calling. And look at those overalls! Stylin’!

Poe said on May. 24, 2009

They look like suspenders to me. Now that’s even MORE hardcore.

PK Mt. Fuji said on May. 24, 2009

Clearly the Yes Man Jr. his last name isn’t “Punk”.

IWontGetOvertheDam said on May. 24, 2009

Skate Punk. Pogo Punk and Yes-Man Junior are wearing these really weird full body suits. 😐

santiagoff said on May. 24, 2009

Yes Man Junior XD

Saturnome said on May. 24, 2009

Skate Punk is the most shark looking of the bunch (look at his skate!) but I’ll vote Yes Man Jr.
Pogo Punk is riding the vehicule of the future according to a Goofy Disney short, so I’ll give him that.

Vetauciont said on May. 24, 2009

I was originally going to pick the Pogo Punk. But how can you go against someone named “Yes Man”.

Alxprit said on May. 24, 2009

The Yes Man Junior because he’s the only mandatory shark.

reno7 said on May. 24, 2009

Ahh, I love the Sharks! They’re my favorite enemies next to the Mooks. It’s a bit of a tie between Pogo Punk and Yes Man Junior, but I would have to say…Yes Man Junior! You gotta love that hoola hoop.

pooppoop said on May. 24, 2009

13 years ago i spent the entire game waiting to see yes man senior

James said on May. 24, 2009

Skate Punk isn’t wearing the right kind of hat. What’s wrong with him? Yes Man Jr is clearly the superior shark.

Deiphobus said on May. 24, 2009

how can you say no to yes man jr?

Leirin said on May. 24, 2009

I voted for the Pogo Punk, probably just because I always wanted to try a pogo stick as a kid 😛 And also because they kinda remind me of Mack’s gang in Mario RPG.

Halfsan said on May. 25, 2009

Yes Man Jr. cause I find them cute. 😀

wishydude said on May. 25, 2009

i love these “who is your favorite things”, it shows how different fans feel about different parts in the series

anyway its yes man junior. why? because he’s purple, he has bones on his suit, and he has A HULA-HOOP OF DEATH!!!

deraj626 said on May. 25, 2009

I voted for skate punk because he’s manly an cool! (Plus who thinks a hula-hoop’s going to scare someone?)

Digitalized said on May. 25, 2009

Yes Man Jr.!

Woo!

Kumatora said on May. 25, 2009

YesMan Jr., he’s cool, I hated ’em when I was in the early part of the game, but he’s cool 😀

DiamondizedLucas said on May. 25, 2009

Pogo Punk.

Sandata said on May. 25, 2009

Wow I thought Skate Punk would be on top….dang it. How WRONG I was heh.

Rockin'Ness said on May. 25, 2009

Yes Man Junior is just too awesome! His hula-hoop is sweet! If I ever make a EarthBound fan game (I think I’ll wait till the EarthBound RPG kit that Cap’n Muffin is making is finished though) I’m making an enemy called ”Yes Man Senior”!

Mend said on May. 25, 2009

I had no idea what a “Yes Man” was when I was a kid, so they always stuck in my mind.
I’m also a sucker for hula hoops 😛

Plus he has a win design on his spandex (?)

Krennthief said on May. 25, 2009

I say Skate Punk because I raked in hundreds of EXP points by getting into battle with just one of him by fighting what he called on, and sparing him until I got bored. Over-leveling makes me happy, ’cause I get to level 99 faster that way.

PSInesslove93 said on May. 26, 2009

the yes man junior! definitely.

RCat said on May. 26, 2009

Pogo Punk. Falling down is a great battle tactic, but I prefer him more because he drops Hamburgers at an alarming rate. Not as good as dumpster Hamburgers, but still good. With Skate Punk, he drops the more delicious Pizza, but he hardly ever brings them. As for Yes Man, he doesn’t bring enough fries or whatever he drops.

Beating up oddly-dressed kids for food. Yet another example of twisted EarthBound morality. 😀

ELobo said on May. 26, 2009

Yes Man Junior. He’s probably Frank’s favourite as well.

wants_latios_lots said on May. 27, 2009

Eesh, I was never a fan of any of them tbh. Voted for the Skate Punk because he knows how to win; call for help!

Mato said on May. 27, 2009

I’m kind of surprised too, I always assumed Skate Punks were the most popular, but it looks like it’s just the opposite 😯

WhatsHerFace said on May. 27, 2009

I really like Yesman Junior, if only because he uses a hula hoop and a sweet purple skeleton body suit.

But the pogo punk gets pogostick awesome points.

Someone Else said on May. 28, 2009

I love the Sharks. It’s your first taste of true absurdity in the game, especially when you reach Frank Fly with his battle music. I voted the Pogo Punk.

Hmm. IIRC two of the Sharks shared the same battle music while one of them had a different song. Which one had the different song, again?

ULT8 said on May. 28, 2009

I think it’s proportional to their zaniness (I voted Yes Man Jr too). And in the memory, zany = more EarthBound-like! While playing I probably liked Yes Man least because I think he was the most common/disposable.

Yoyoenix91 said on May. 31, 2009

I think the Yes Man Jr. is the best out of the Sharks… besides, he gets his own Caramelldansen. o_O;

Claus said on May. 31, 2009

I never really got why everyone was scared of the sharks and they dress like fags. I mean, c’mon a hula hoop?! Anyway, I voted for the skate punk.

GuitarMasta304 said on May. 31, 2009

Yes Man Jr. FTW! Nintendo, where’s Yes Man Senior already!?
>:(

shadowplay said on Jun. 27, 2009

yes man jr, its cool, the battle music also fits him well, I almost can see the sprite moving to the tune

Thenumber1yoshi said on Jun. 29, 2009

Despite how much people might hate them I have to go with the Skate Punk, because if he didn’t call for help I wouldn’t have been able to grind up beyond a much higher required level in order to beat Frank and his secret weapon, so I owe a lot to those guys when it comes to encountering them and needing to level up.

spaz said on Jul. 1, 2009

400th on yes man jr!
its weird i voted for him because i AM a skate punk.
probably cause he was the base sprite for all 3

Pyroguy42 said on Jul. 6, 2009

Skate Punk cause the suspenders are pimp

PKSkyler said on Nov. 14, 2009

skate punk, cause he calls the others to help him out And shredding foes with a skateboard is too cool.

starwars890 said on May. 15, 2011

I dunno, I’ll have to go with the Skate Punk..

Riding a skateboard and destroying crap at the same time is pretty awesome..