Shigesato Itoi Fishes for Comedy
You know those giant Mr. Saturn plushes that came out a little while ago? Remember how they cost like $130 or something originally if you lived in Japan?
Well, now someone’s trying to sell one on eBay for $2000 😯
Insane. And funny, because the very first one that was sold on eBay only sold for $255, and that’s back during the first run, when these things were much more rare. $2000 (okay, $1999.99 technically) is crazy.
Hmm, how many snakes and dogs would one have to beat up to afford this…
BTW, you might recognize this seller, as he’s tried selling these things for crazy prices before too. The item description Engrish almost reads like haiku, that’s how I recognize it 😛
Other Related Posts:
22 Comments to Giant Mr. Saturn… for $2000
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...