Random Post:

Weekly Round-Up #30

May 13th, 2009 | Auctions, EarthBound, Merchandise

You know those giant Mr. Saturn plushes that came out a little while ago? Remember how they cost like $130 or something originally if you lived in Japan?

Well, now someone’s trying to sell one on eBay for $2000 😯

Insane. And funny, because the very first one that was sold on eBay only sold for $255, and that’s back during the first run, when these things were much more rare. $2000 (okay, $1999.99 technically) is crazy.

Hmm, how many snakes and dogs would one have to beat up to afford this…

BTW, you might recognize this seller, as he’s tried selling these things for crazy prices before too. The item description Engrish almost reads like haiku, that’s how I recognize it 😛

22 Comments to Giant Mr. Saturn… for $2000

Poe said on May. 13, 2009

I think it would cost less to get one from a Japanese auction, including shipping and all that mess. Damn.

ScottKO said on May. 13, 2009

Yeah…you gotta be desperate to buy this one

Chewy said on May. 13, 2009

Speaking of stuff this guy is selling:

lol

Poe said on May. 13, 2009

His nose is almost as wide as his face on that plushie! Not cool.

JenovaSaevus said on May. 13, 2009

If this was 20 years in the future and it was still in the unopened Escargot Express box, I could see it. As it is, it’s technically not new because it’s been removed from the box, so it will never be worth that much. Unless he crams a couple of copies of EarthBound in the box with it 😀

EarthBoundRules said on May. 13, 2009

Wow. Yes, EarthBound merchandise is worth a lot on Ebay now, but this is just completely insane.

Xi said on May. 13, 2009

Earthbound/Mother fans are continually proving that they are willing to pay extraordinary prices for what they want. Don’t forget the phrase he “tried selling these things for crazy prices before too” is a misleading statement. The one he put up for $800 got purchased relatively quickly.

We’re paying hundreds of dollars for air fresheners. The Earthbound community either has a higher concentration of people with a large amount of disposable income or a higher concentration of people who are irresponsible with their money. Either way, we keep buying high, so they’ll keep selling high.

Zinco said on May. 13, 2009

Poe, considering the Japanese depictions of black people I’ve seen in the past, the Bob Sapp doll seems refreshingly reserved.

santiagoff said on May. 13, 2009

Holy hell…!!

LucasTizma said on May. 13, 2009

Xi: “…or a higher concentration of people who are irresponsible with their money.” *ashamedly raises handed*

The Great Morgil said on May. 13, 2009

At first i though it was $2000 starting bid, but then i clicked the link and saw it was actually But It Now. All i can say now is just “good luck”, cuz you’d have to be pretty stupid to pay that when there are other people selling for much less.

LucasTizma said on May. 13, 2009
Wil said on May. 13, 2009

I’ll check the ATM. Hopefully, my dad transferred a bunch of cash into it. My friends and I *have* been beating up a bunch of local thugs.

PSInesslove93 said on May. 13, 2009

wow people are insane these days, especially that dude selling this… if someone buys this… *shakes head* i don’t know what to say.

oh, and Xi, i’d love to say that i’m not irresponsible with money, but lately i’ve been purchasing EB goods over food and stuff XDDD;

LucasTizma said on May. 13, 2009

@Wil: “Hello, this is your Dad. I took out a 5th mortgage just so I could pay your allowance. Keep up the good work, son, while your mother and sister starve to death!”

Xi said on May. 13, 2009

@LucasTizma

You needn’t worry about the mother and sister starving. Their house has no kitchen, no pantry, no refrigerator, no anything that could possibly be related to food, yet your mother is able to conjure your favorite meal magically out of thin air.

Don’t forget they are robbing Pokey’s parents blind with all these loans, btw.

LucasTizma said on May. 13, 2009

LOLOL

Mato said on May. 13, 2009

This must indeed be the week of crazy EarthBound auctions, this mint copy went for almost $400, and it didn’t seem that much different than the mint ones that sell for ~$200ish.

SamWibatt said on May. 13, 2009

$2000? Good grief! You could almost buy the actual *planet* of Saturn for that much.

BigBlueKingBoo said on May. 19, 2009

For 2000$ it better come with Mother 4 >_<0

SeriousKano said on Jun. 1, 2009

“How is it in your room? . The place which goes to sleep is lost. It is large size.”
It definately sounds like a haiku :D.

soiherduliekeb said on Jan. 18, 2010