May 19th, 2009 | Audio Stuff, MOTHER 1, Videos

I came across this a few weeks ago. I don’t know the full details, but a long while back there was a “Famicom Band” that played music from the classic Famicom/NES games. I came across a video of them playing a big medley of stuff, including some stuff from MOTHER / EarthBound Zero. Here’s that specific part (with a tiny bit of Zelda at the beginning):

If you want to see the whole thing, here’s part 1 and here’s part 2.

If you want an MP3 of the EB0 music, here you go!

19 Comments to EarthBound Zero Orchestrated

KingDarian said on May. 19, 2009

Nicely nice. I’d love to see something like this performed live one day. A CD of their performance wouldn’t be too bad, either. It could balance out all of the electronic/midi CD releases.

Shaon said on May. 19, 2009

Is one of the clarinets in a dog costume? WTF?

22hunter said on May. 19, 2009

No mp3? This is beautiful

Mato said on May. 19, 2009

OK, I added an MP3 of it.

Miles Vialpando (PK ELECTION) said on May. 19, 2009

This is lovely. Thanks.

LucasTizma said on May. 19, 2009

I love this! πŸ™ Any knowledge of a CD or DVD (or higher quality video) available from this group?

LucasTizma said on May. 19, 2009

I did find their videos on Nico Nico Douga if anyone’s interested (and has an account): http://www.nicovideo.jp/tag/γƒ•γ‚‘γƒŸγ‚³γƒ³γƒγƒ³γƒ‰

P.S. Mato, why is “n” used for “m” in katakana as well? O.o I thought Famicom would be γƒ•γ‚‘γƒŸγ‚³γƒ  or something like that.

Rockin'Ness said on May. 19, 2009

@Shaon: There’s a piano player wearing a cat costume too! Also, this is beautiful music! It’s awesome!

santiagoff said on May. 19, 2009

@LucasTizma: the term famicon comes from family computer. Family is famirii , and computer is konpyuuta. Famikon , family computer.
And I know you didn’t ask me , but still.

LucasTizma said on May. 19, 2009

@santiagoff: No, that’s fine! πŸ™‚ Thanks for the response. Now that I think about it, it DOES make sense because I did know that computer = コンピγƒ₯γƒΌγ‚Ώ. I guess it just seemed like γƒ•γ‚‘γƒŸγ‚³γƒ  would sound better, but I’m a n00b at Japanese still. XD

santiagoff said on May. 19, 2009

@LucasTizma: I’m not exactly a pro , thanks. And yeah , famicomu would make more sense. Another word that uses this kind of portmanteu is パソコン , Pasocon. It uses personal (γƒ‘γƒΌγ‚½γƒŠγƒ«-paasonaru) and computer (コンピγƒ₯γƒΌγ‚Ώ-konpyuuta).Pasocon. It just sounds so strange XD

santiagoff said on May. 19, 2009

BTW , the guy dressed as a Dog is the dog from Duck Hunt XD

kenisu3000 said on May. 19, 2009

Aww, only Pollyanna and Eight Melodies? I was hoping for an orchestrated Mt. Itoi theme!

Oh well, at least they didn’t throw in Snowman for the umpteen-billionth time.

LucasTizma said on May. 20, 2009

@santigoff: I guess their commonly take two foreign words and combine them into a shorter version? Like Smash Brothers = スムブラ? Always thought that was weird…

LucasTizma said on May. 20, 2009

@santiagoff, rather…

Phil L said on May. 22, 2009

Yeah, the dog was from a Duck Hunt segment, where the costumed player jumped behind a cardboard bush.

I loved the Fire Emblem, Balloon Fight, and Kid Icarus renditions in there as well as the Earthbound Zero stuff!

LucasTizma said on May. 23, 2009

Yeah, it seems like it would be really fun to go to these concerts. πŸ™‚ I watched a couple on Nico Nico Douga, and it’s so funny how the performers are slowly all in costume toward the end as they each perform little skits. πŸ™‚

sad picky said on Feb. 12, 2012

love pollyana

TheMrSaturnGuy said on Apr. 2, 2012

Where is Catherine Warwick when you need her?