May 7th, 2009 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound, Videos

I was actually planning on waiting a while until the full version was done, but there’s something called “The Adventures Of Duane And BrandO”. It’s hard to explain, but it’s basically a mix of classic video games and rap. They’ve gotten a lot of attention in the past, and now a giant EarthBound rap is underway.

A lot of people have been mailing me about it these past few months, but I was planning on waiting until the full version was done, but anyway, here are two preview clips. I think there’s another one, so check their Youtube account for more if you’re interested.

And yes, this isn’t super happy funtime rap, so there’s lots of swearing and such. If you don’t like that, then this isn’t for you. Seems weird I have to say that, but I saw how some people reacted to an EarthBound rap in Bound Together, so if you’re faint of heart, watch this instead.

Ness & Paula preview

Jeff preview

I can’t wait for the full version, I think it’ll be interesting πŸ˜€

32 Comments to EarthBound Rap Opera Preview

zedrein said on May. 7, 2009

What kind of weirdo would be offended by cuss words?

metroidman said on May. 7, 2009

That was awesome. Any idea when it will be done?

SamWibatt said on May. 7, 2009

OK, I’m a believer. I can’t wait to see the whole thing.

Miles Vialpando (PK ELECTION) said on May. 7, 2009

Hey, that was pretty neat. While rap isn’t my favorite genre, that is pretty creative.

SmaMan said on May. 7, 2009

Ah I know these guys! They also did a great Sonic rap that should be on their channel too. But for all you lazy people, here it is.

Can’t wait till this is finished! Duane&BrandO + Mother = Fuzzy Awesome Pickles!

santiagoff said on May. 7, 2009

Am I the only one who isn’t excited about this? :X

Dale said on May. 7, 2009

I loved their Final Fantasy rap & Megaman rap… can’t wait for this one!

Sephy said on May. 7, 2009

Wonder where they got the inspiration for EB raps from.

*cough cough* ;D

IWontGetOvertheDam said on May. 7, 2009

Too bad it’s impossible for anyone who like EB to be gangsta.

That said, I really can’t wait for the whole thing. πŸ˜€

SamWibatt said on May. 7, 2009

SmaMan – thanks for the Sonic link. I watched it earlier and was just about to go chase it down again because it cracked me up something fierce.

Dan Man said on May. 7, 2009

I remember sending an email about this ages ago…

Other two samples –

Fun Naming
Buzz Buzz

EBM said on May. 7, 2009

Darn… beat me to it, Mato. I was gonna E-mail you, but only when the full version is out. To save people from the sound clips.
They’re good, of course… but I’d rather have seen the full rap in its entirety.
But, oh well. This should be great either way. Can’t remember the last time I browsed Wizards D&D boards without blasting either the FFI or MM2 rap.
Also, that is hardly for the faint of heart. Though I’ve ACTUALLY been considering making a version of that song with Giygas actual lines, then playing it inside my closet at night with the lights out alone.
I want to experience what Ness and friends did. Or at least get close to it.
The only thing stopping me is my overwhelming FEAR. And the fact that I could never make such a song.

Hejiru said on May. 8, 2009

That was awesome! Love the Ness & Paula one.

MagusDuality said on May. 8, 2009

Looks pretty cool! I never understood what the problem was with Earthbound rap. I’m not a fan of rap, really, but the Earthbound rap is creative and fun to listen to.

Hypotenuse Man said on May. 8, 2009

The girl who is doing Paula’s lines sounds really, really unenthusiastic.

JoyfulSanity said on May. 8, 2009

Yeah, I like how the video for the faint of heart is potentially the most horrifying video on Youtube.

PSInesslove93 said on May. 8, 2009

hahah i saw this before. it’s pretty interesting =]

LeonardoGolden said on May. 8, 2009

why do they have to swear?

kirbykrew said on May. 8, 2009

Is it just me, or did they call King Boney?

Shichiji said on May. 8, 2009

The link for those faint of heart is far, far more troubling in my opinion

Rasen said on May. 8, 2009

Yeah, I’ve been waiting for this for a long time and ironically I was about to inform Tomato about this the day it was posted… <_<

Devon said on May. 9, 2009

That was awesome! I can’t wait to hear more!!!

GoldenEevee said on May. 9, 2009

Actually, why do they have to swear, actually, why does everyone like to cuss, is it South Park that influences them to profane, or is it something else, either way, I am a little faint of heart, but the whole Ronald McGiygas thing is OLD!

SamWibatt said on May. 9, 2009

South Park hardly started it – it’s been around as long as there have been such things as language and people to object to words other people used.

Robert said on May. 13, 2009

I usually dont like people singing to song in games but this is actually pretty good.

GoldenEevee said on Jul. 4, 2009

“I think it’s funny in situations where you don’t expect it, like in Sonic the Hedgehog or Earthbound.”

You think profanity is FUNNY!? Listen to your mother for once!!!!!!!!!

Chaisu said on Jul. 5, 2009

I know these guys! I think in a way I influenced them to do this.

Hinawaflint said on Jul. 12, 2009

Zedrein:
Quote: What kind of weirdo would be offended by cuss words?

HinawaFlint: I’m that kind of weirdo you son of a b***h.

Hinawaflint said on Jul. 12, 2009

Zedrein, why don’t you see if Chuggaaconroy can do this?

Strawberry Tofu said on Jul. 21, 2009

Looks like these guys are breaking up. πŸ™ They’re supposedly going to release the finished EarthBound LP (?) in 2010ish (???), though.

Also, the videos are broken, but I don’t need to tell you thaaaat.

Ninji said on Dec. 26, 2009

For all of you guys who never got to see the previews (like me) I found a Blip.TV version of the Jeff preview on Duane and BrandO’s site, here’s the link to the video+lyrics:http://www.the-adventures-of.com/2009/10/earthbound-preview-jeff-lyrics.html

BrandO said on Mar. 15, 2010

What’s done is done. Check the website. πŸ™‚

Find Merchandise!