EarthBound with MOTHER 2’s Intro
viniciuskps sent this in the other day. It’s a scan from Nintendo World Brazil #71, from July 2004. In it, it shows some of the differences between EarthBound and MOTHER 2.
Click to enlarginate
Here’s viniciuskps’s translation:
Did you know about this?
Of course you didn’t!
When released in different countries, the games are not just translated, but also adapted. Check out the changes made in Earthbound, known as Mother 2 in Japan.
- All the bars were transformed into cafes. Have you ever seen kids going to bars? Doesn’t seem like a good idea at all, at least not for Nintendo.
- In place of alcohol, people would get alucinated with cold coffee in Mother 2. It seems like the Big N had something against coffee.
- If the members of the carpainters cult didn’t have a fluf on their hats and were kept with the letters HH (which stands for Happy Happy, the name of the village), they would look like members from Ku Klux Klan.
- These delivery trucks had the word Come above a wave-shaped line. In Earthbound, the logo was changed to a jumping man figure. It was better not to mess with Coca-Cola.
I’m not sure what “alucinated” means, but I think I get the general idea 😛
Not surprisingly, the pics used in this article were taken straight from my old site that compared the two games. The new version of said site is here, but you can see the old pics used here, here, and here.
Other Related Posts:
6 Comments to EarthBound in Nintendo World Brazil
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW
- Chivi-chivik: Didn’t expect Splatoon to go first, honestly (>ヮ<)
- Leeaux: This is cool. Man it must have taken forever for him to do all these though. Geez! Bless you Tomato! This is all I have while I wait on...
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...