Shigesato Itoi Fishes for Comedy
Remember a while back when there was that mystery screenshot for a game that looked a lot like EarthBound? And then we realized it’s probably for the Level 5 + Studio Ghibli “The Another World” game for the ROID service? If not, see here.
Anyway, some more news has come out, and indeed, the EarthBound lookalike game has been confirmed to be a ROID version of The Another World, due to be released in the fall. So once and for all, that mystery is closed for sure. They sure did use EarthBoundy-style graphics though, I wonder why.
Anyway, here’s another picture:
Thanks to Shirow Wolf for the tip, and 1up for the news. If any new pictures show up, maybe I’ll post them once in a while just because they’re kind of EarthBoundy.
Other Related Posts:
31 Comments to EarthBound and ROID
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...