EarthBound Sold Out on Club Nintendo!
About two years before MOTHER 2 was released in Japan, Famitsu had a really huge interview with Shigesato Itoi. Then the game was nearly canceled, but then Satoru Iwata from HAL Labs swooped in to reprogram the game and save the day.
Which means that the stuff that Itoi talks about in this interview is REALLY interesting. It’s also very long, and I kept pushing it off, saying, “Next month, next month.” Luckily, Chewy, who you might remember helped with the MOTHER 3 translation and the huge Itoi + MOTHER 3 interview, translated this MOTHER 2 interview and formatted it all nice and everything, so that’s a huge relief for me, and EarthBound fans get the cool info earlier. Hurray!
Anyway, check out the interview here!
It’s seriously probably one of the biggest and best interviews about EarthBound in existence. Read it or forever be a worthless protoplasm!
Other Related Posts:
21 Comments to Big Itoi Interview about MOTHER 2!
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues