Stephen Georg Finally Plays MOTHER 1
About two years before MOTHER 2 was released in Japan, Famitsu had a really huge interview with Shigesato Itoi. Then the game was nearly canceled, but then Satoru Iwata from HAL Labs swooped in to reprogram the game and save the day.
Which means that the stuff that Itoi talks about in this interview is REALLY interesting. It’s also very long, and I kept pushing it off, saying, “Next month, next month.” Luckily, Chewy, who you might remember helped with the MOTHER 3 translation and the huge Itoi + MOTHER 3 interview, translated this MOTHER 2 interview and formatted it all nice and everything, so that’s a huge relief for me, and EarthBound fans get the cool info earlier. Hurray!
Anyway, check out the interview here!
It’s seriously probably one of the biggest and best interviews about EarthBound in existence. Read it or forever be a worthless protoplasm!
Other Related Posts:
21 Comments to Big Itoi Interview about MOTHER 2!
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...