MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10

April 19th, 2009 | Weekly Round-Up

Ah, week 14. I remember my own 14th week fondly. As I recall, I puked a lot. But EarthBound Central doesn’t puke. That should be its new slogan.

“EarthBound Central – it doesn’t puke”

News-wise, things were a bit slower this week, but I tried to keep a variety of updates flowing just the same. Having moved my old M2EB site over makes it much easier for me to update it too, so I’ve been doing that lately. I’m excited that I’ll soon actually be able to finish it after all this time 😀

Anyway, let’s check out what’s been goin’ on this week!

Site News

EarthBound News

Cool Auctions & Merchandise

Here’s a bunch of cool stuff that showed up recently on eBay. A whole bunch of official manga showed up this week, so if you’re into that sort of thing, this is your lucky week 😀

Remember that you can check to see what EarthBound/MOTHER stuff is currently on eBay at any time here!

Here’s some cool stuff from Yahoo! Auctions Japan. There’s a whole boatload of manga on there this week, so if you’re interested, you should search for “MOTHER2” yourself 😉

And here’s some stuff on Amazon and Play-Asia:

Community News

I’m not a bad enough dude to humanly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!

What’s Up With Itoi

Itoi was a very odd fellow this week.

Upcoming Stuff

Most of this next week I’m just gonna play by ear. There’ll be a couple MOTHER 2 vs. EarthBound updates probably, and I still have some other magazine scans I can post, but we’ll see what happens. I get the feeling this week will be a busy work week for me, so I can’t make any promises.

End

I’m always trying to think of ways to improve this site. In my mind, it’s got a long way to go until I’m happy with it, but I’d be interested to hear suggestions and ideas from the visitors’ point of view. One thing I’m afraid I can’t do though is give out free EarthBound carts 🙁

11 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #14

Twili said on Apr. 19, 2009

Some awesome stuff this week.
I especially love this whole merchandise system you’ve set up.

Pity I can’t bid on those yahoo auctions though.

Xi said on Apr. 19, 2009

Mato, what is the Japanese text I need to enter into ebay or yahoo auctions japan if I want to search for “mother 2 poster”?

Mato said on Apr. 19, 2009

It’s best to just search for “MOTHER2” and then look around there. If you really want to include the word for poster, then try

MOTHER2 and ポスター

or

マザー2 and ポスター

Nodji said on Apr. 19, 2009

I wanna buy something from yahoo japan but I don’t know how like all the text are these boxes but I can’t read Japanese anyway.

Mato said on Apr. 19, 2009

I explain how to order from YAJ at the bottom of all the merchandise pages:

I also give links to YAJ that will help you find what you want, just look around the mechandise pages that’s on the topbar of this site.

mudkipNDS said on Apr. 19, 2009

Mato, the link: http://mother12.net/

It doesn’t appear to work. 🙁

Mato said on Apr. 19, 2009

Yeah, I was messing with stuff an hour or two ago. It should work soon for most people. http://www.mother12.net should work hopefully for now though.

Darien said on Apr. 19, 2009

I’m not sure that’s the exact right slogan to use. I mean, it’s an Earthbound site, and it *doesn’t* puke? Isn’t the game all *about* puke, though? I swear I heard that somewhere.

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Apr. 19, 2009

Heh. I thought “Earthbound Easter Eggs” meant little tidbits about Earthbound, as opposed to literal Easter eggs.

sg_06 said on Apr. 19, 2009

@Darien: there’s puke in the game, but Earthbound is about SO MUCH more than that. I wouldn’t be a fan if it were just about puke. Really now. <_<

@Mato: From a[n amateur] designer type person slash website user, the top left of the site has a few boxes of rather important navigationstuffs.
They blend into everything else waaaay too easily, and I didn’t notice them until using the site for a few months.

Besides that, the site’s great. You should be at least moderately happy with it. 😀

Leirin said on Apr. 28, 2009

Bluh, EarthBound didn’t even stay in the rankings for GameFAQs. I am displeased.

Also.
“EarthBound Central – it doesn’t puke”
MATO won!