April 12th, 2009 | Weekly Round-Up

This week seemed to be a rather well-rounded week, if I do say. Things have quieted down a bit since that EarthBound lookalike game thing a few weeks back, but the updates still roll in. Hopefully this will keep up; it’d suck if all the cool content dries up by this time next year. I don’t want to start updating about the difference between the grass in each MOTHER game just yet πŸ˜›

But anyway, that side-talk aside, let’s look at what happened this past week!

Site News

EarthBound News

Cool Auctions & Merchandise

Here’s a bunch of cool stuff that’s recently appeared on eBay. I try to point out some of the most interesting deals here, but you can check to see what’s currently on eBay anytime you want here πŸ˜€

Here’s some cool stuff from Yahoo! Auctions Japan:

And here’s some stuff on Amazon:

Community News

I’m only at level 12 right now, so I can’t humanly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!

What’s Up With Itoi

I slacked off again this week, so I didn’t keep close tabs on Itoi’s site. Nothing MOTHER-related, of course. I gotta start taking notes more often. Anyway, the main things I remember are that this week was when he sat down with every person in his company and discussed things with them one-on-one. It sounds like it was a lot of work. Also, apparently he or someone visited a Disney place recently, for his dog has been given a makeover:

Upcoming Stuff

I will do that MOTHER 1+2 status update finally, I promise. We’ll look at a few other EarthBound magazine scans, including some from other countries. I also had some other stuff in mind, but it’s pretty late now and I can’t remember well. But it’ll be another good week, I’m sure πŸ˜€

End

Doesn’t feel like 13 weeks since this site opened, does it? I think the site needs a lot of improvement and a lot of fixes still, but it’s great seeing it coming together as well as it is. Just think if a new MOTHER game was released, though. Things would be hopping around here like crazy. Oh, if only I had started this site 3 years ago πŸ˜‰

9 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #13

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Apr. 12, 2009

Wow, busy week, eh?

Darien said on Apr. 12, 2009

The “Mother novel” link in your “auctions” section actually points to a Mother cart. http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTHER-nintendo-famicom-nes-jp-EARTHBOUND-0_W0QQitemZ290309431020QQcategoryZ139973QQcmdZViewItem

Alxprit said on Apr. 12, 2009

Mato, the interpretation subject is Frankystein Mark I, not Mark II.

Mato said on Apr. 12, 2009

Thanks, I fixed both things.

Dale said on Apr. 12, 2009

It’s been a good week… that dog looks hilarious

P. Soup said on Apr. 12, 2009

This is probably a dumb question but,Can an American register for Yahoo Japan and buy something? If so how would I go about buying something?

Mato said on Apr. 12, 2009

The bottom of the EB Central merchandise pages talk about how to do that:

gBev said on Apr. 12, 2009

If it goes in community news, we’ve started updating the EarthBound Zero Remake again and we have an OST for download.

Dan Bruno said on Apr. 13, 2009

I just wanted to say that I love these Weekly Round-Up posts. I know you say they’re a lot of work, but they’re very much appreciated πŸ™‚