Swag Watch: August 11, 2010
Alright, we’ve taken a look at EGM’s old review of Earthbound, the old GamePro review of EarthBound, and even the Game Players review of EarthBound. But if you thought those reviews were bad and overly harsh… you ain’t seen nothin yet 😯
Here, courtesy of Tork_110, is the Video Games & Computer Entertainment review of EarthBound. It doesn’t get any worse than this, folks!
I love these old reviews, so if you know of any others from back then, please let me know! The game sure didn’t get very good reviews back then, that’s for sure. Interesting how it’s so beloved by magazine folks nowadays. Maybe the game was ahead of its time, or it just took a while for people to come around to it, or to forget about these old reviews 😛
Other Related Posts:
75 Comments to VG&CE’s EarthBound Review
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...