April 9th, 2009 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound

As we’ve seen, there’s a huuuuge amount of fan-made EarthBound series music out there. This particular song is probably one of my all-time favorites. The sad thing is, I don’t even know its title or who made it! Anyway, check it out below 😀

(download MP3)

Of course, while you’re at it, be sure to check out Trancebound too!

I was never really into trance music before, so these two works were kind of like my gateway drug. Now I find myself listening to it a lot while I’m working. Much of the MOTHER 3 translation was done listening to trance music, in fact. And 80s music. But that’s for another time, in another space 😛

27 Comments to Very Cool EarthBound Trance Song

Mikhail said on Apr. 9, 2009

Wow, I am surprised any of my music would make it up here… Thanks, it took awhile to make. Where did you download it by chance?

santiagoff said on Apr. 9, 2009

Sounds like Septette for the Dead Princess of Touhou.
And how is this song related to EarthBound? I can’t recognize any melody there… just some vague parts of some songs.

totalrandom-ness said on Apr. 9, 2009

Gosh, this is addicting! I really love it! It reminds me of a music box…

Hejiru said on Apr. 9, 2009

On Rock Candy, it says it’s by PSIOman.

Mato said on Apr. 9, 2009

Mikhail: That’s your song? Could you give some info?

santiagoff: It’s not immediately obvious, but it’s all built around EarthBound music. The sound stone music seems to be the main source that the song builds off of.

honeymustard said on Apr. 9, 2009

It’s called Ness Trance, by PSIOman and it’s on Rock Candy 4!

honeymustard said on Apr. 9, 2009

e:f;b

Pimpshi said on Apr. 9, 2009

I have this song on my iPod, and it’s easily one of my favorites from Rock Candy! I’m not really the biggest fan of trance music either, but this one is just too well done to be ignored. I especially love how Pollyanna is tied in near the end — that was done expertly.

Lothis said on Apr. 9, 2009

This is definitely on Rock Candy – the first 3 seconds and I thought “I’ve heard this before” and a few more seconds I was thinking “This has got to be Ness Trance.”

I’ve been listening to Rock Candy 1-5 non stop for the past week.

Millhouse said on Apr. 9, 2009

I’m in the exact same situation. i don’t especially like trance, but I still really like this track. Actually, I love all the music on the Rock Candy albums, I’ve been listening in in and out for the past 2 months, and I’ll soon need a new album… 🙁

Deiphobus said on Apr. 9, 2009

i love this one =D

Deej said on Apr. 9, 2009

Should look up Oto No Ishi then. Some good quality happy hardcore Mother music that you might enjoy.

JoeWuzHere said on Apr. 10, 2009

Isn’t this on Rock Candy 4?

Anonymous said on Apr. 11, 2009

No lie, this is in a playlist called “Sexy Rock Candy”.
And Joe, it’s on Rock Candy 4.

wants_latios_lots said on Apr. 11, 2009

No lie, this is in a playlist called “Sexy Rock Candy”.
And Joe, it’s on Rock Candy 4.

stoicmani said on Apr. 26, 2009

*grabs his glowsticks and begins dancing*

adam said on May. 7, 2009

sounds a lot like butterfly

Shamu said on May. 25, 2009

Flipping awesome.
Something I’d dance in DDR.

Gronush said on Dec. 2, 2010

Groovey

Floridian said on Dec. 13, 2010

Out of curiosity, when does Rock Candy 6 come out?

BigDream said on Sep. 6, 2011

Hey ness. You better stop listening to that music. Makes you think your in the Twilight Zone.
LOL

yaomtc said on Dec. 16, 2011

@ Floridian,

The release of Rock Candy 6 will come out soon after Half Life 2: Episode 3, or Mother 1+2+3 on DS/3DS. Whichever comes first.

I’m kidding, of course. Three years ago, Jonk said: “As for additional entries, I am hoping to have RC6 released by the end of this year. Musicians, please remember this and I should note that there is less than 20 minutes less on the RC6, and that can fill up quick. RC6 is shaping up to be quite an album!”

I have no idea if enough up-to-par tracks have been submitted in the last three years or not…

RadicOmega said on Feb. 14, 2012

Very neat! It would be sweet if it was in the real game!

100earthbound said on Jul. 19, 2012

wow! I love it!

jinxkatty7 said on Nov. 10, 2012

OMG, its good music! I hate all the new pop music. So I mostly listen to video game music.

psiosman said on Dec. 17, 2012

HEY GUYS I MADE THIS A MILLION YEARS AGO ON A KORG TRITON I DIDNT KNOW HOW TO USE

Lotus_Blue said on Jul. 16, 2013

Like (almost) everyone else here, I’m not really into trance/dance music generally, but damn, this remix kicks some butt! Parts of it remind me of 8-bit music, like Mother 1’s OST, though some parts (the beginning mostly) also remind me of “Beauty of the Beast” by Nightwish, oddly enough. Not sure why.