Weekly Round-Up #37
April 20th, 2009: it’s been three years since MOTHER 3’s release. It’s almost too hard for me to believe. It seems like only yesterday we were waiting every week for new gift boxes to be opened on Itoi’s Welcome to MOTHER 3 World site. Fun times. But now it’s already been 1096 days since then, and we even translated the thing into English ourselves!
A lot’s happened, so while we all get high for Hitler’s birthday (since that’s apparently what 4/20 is all about, according to everyone three years ago 😛 ) I thought we might take a look at some cool MOTHER 3 stuff and talk about MOTHER 3 stuff.
First, in case you haven’t already, check out what Itoi said one year after the game’s release.
I realize that the translation’s only been out half a year, so the game is still probably too new in most people’s minds to have nostalgic feelings, but anyway, here are a few of my favorite MOTHER 3 videos that I remember off the top of my head 😀
There used to be this really good and funny video of people acting out stuff from MOTHER 3, there was even a ghost playing the piano. But I can’t find it anymore and I’m assuming it was taken down. If anyone knows what I’m talking about and knows where it is, please let me know, because it’s one of my all-time favorite fan-made things ever 😀
Anyway, enough of me blabbing! What do you guys think?
What memories of MOTHER 3 do you have? Were you one of the people who waited like 11 years until a sequel was released? Did you used to overanalyze all the preview screenshots like I did?
What’s your favorite MOTHER 3 fan art? Fan music? What are your favorite videos?
What about your favorite lines or songs from the game?
Let us share our brains!
Other Related Posts:
52 Comments to Three Years of MOTHER 3
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...