Cookie Giygas is in Trouble Now!
A few years ago, Lost Levels did a very in-depth story about the history of EarthBound Zero, which even included interviews with people involved with it. I know it’s an old story, but just in case some people haven’t seen it, I thought I’d post about it here now. And for those who have already seen it, maybe it’ll help refresh things you had forgotten about it.
Just think, if this NES Earth Bound game had come out, it’s possible that we would’ve gotten the SNES version and the other games later on (1+2, 3). But for some reason, Itoi loves to take his time and release most of his games just as a new game console/handheld is about to come out 😛
To this day, I find the article above to be one of the most awesome things written about the EarthBound series, even though it technically wasn’t even really from the EarthBound community itself. If I had the time and drive, it’d be cool if EarthBound Central could do stuff like that too, but I’m not sure what kind of stuff could be explored in a similar fashion.
Other Related Posts:
21 Comments to The History of EarthBound Zero
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...
- Castaway: I bought this right away! Can’t wait for mine to come in. I do have a concern, though. It says my order went through yet I...