M2 vs. EarthBound Mega Update
A few years ago, Lost Levels did a very in-depth story about the history of EarthBound Zero, which even included interviews with people involved with it. I know it’s an old story, but just in case some people haven’t seen it, I thought I’d post about it here now. And for those who have already seen it, maybe it’ll help refresh things you had forgotten about it.
Just think, if this NES Earth Bound game had come out, it’s possible that we would’ve gotten the SNES version and the other games later on (1+2, 3). But for some reason, Itoi loves to take his time and release most of his games just as a new game console/handheld is about to come out 😛
To this day, I find the article above to be one of the most awesome things written about the EarthBound series, even though it technically wasn’t even really from the EarthBound community itself. If I had the time and drive, it’d be cool if EarthBound Central could do stuff like that too, but I’m not sure what kind of stuff could be explored in a similar fashion.
Other Related Posts:
21 Comments to The History of EarthBound Zero
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.