A MOTHER 1+2 & 3 Interview
Popular Posts:None found
For years, there’ve been rumors that you could leave the Cave of the Past by using the Exit Mouse. But the rumors were always vague, it wasn’t clear if it worked in MOTHER 2 or MOTHER 1+2, or what.
This glitch really does exist, but only works with MOTHER 1+2. The port programmers made sure that you can’t use the Exit Mouse in the Cave of the Past, but they forgot to make the Exit Mouse not work in the intestine-y room right before Giygas. Here’s a video I made of this glitch in action:
As you can see, the game’s already set things up for the prayer cut scenes, so places like Ness’s house and Summers are a bit different. The Runaway Five are in Summers even, though they don’t say anything if you try to talk to them.
The rumors also said that once you use this trick, you’re stuck and can’t go back to the past. But it looks like if you go back to Saturn Valley, you can redo the whole robotization sequence again and then return to the past, so I think that part of the rumor is wrong.
If you’d like to see this for yourself, here is a MOTHER 1+2 save file with Ness and co. at the last part of the game, with the Exit Mouse in Ness’s inventory at the bottom right. In the past, I always had a really hard time finding ANY MOTHER 1+2 save files, luckily GameFAQs user I_Was_Right was kind enough to post a save file at the end of the game a few months ago, which made this post and video possible.
Other Related Posts:
33 Comments to The Giygas Exit Mouse Trick
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.