EarthBound Keyboard Guy
I didn’t dare post this yesterday, because posting any news on April Fools will meet with “uhh is this real”? Which is why I was iffy about the original news myself, but here it is now:
I’m a big “Mother” fan. I have to set the record straight on this topic, because I have seen all of the hate comments. I’m a big “Mother” fan. Huge “Mother” fan. I would love to see “Mother” localized in our market. In fact, I’ve talked to [Nintendo president] Mr. Iwata about it because this is a game he has some history with. [pauses] But it is not on our announcement schedule. [laughs]
If it seems weird that this is coming from an MTV site, don’t worry, it’s legit. You may even remember when MTV interviewed him a while back and he talked about MOTHER 3 and acknowledged the fan translation project.
Incidentally, this interview was posted exactly one year after this 2008 April Fool’s joke interview:
Other Related Posts:
55 Comments to Reggie Talks About MOTHER 3
- Chairman of the Bored: Thanks, Expert! I tried looking up what it was but couldn’t tell if it was simply fanfic material or weird sex stuff....
- KingOfSwords: To keep all the bits attached.
- 989fox989: *sigh* if I were a rich man…
- Ar: Why does the Saturn sticker has two white dots? It’s supposed to be part of the sprite?
- Expert: Doujinshi is fan made work based on an existing thing. This could be a novel (or fanfic) or manga. To be a doujinshi it must be based on an...