EarthBound-Style Sprite Bonanza
I didn’t dare post this yesterday, because posting any news on April Fools will meet with “uhh is this real”? Which is why I was iffy about the original news myself, but here it is now:
I’m a big “Mother” fan. I have to set the record straight on this topic, because I have seen all of the hate comments. I’m a big “Mother” fan. Huge “Mother” fan. I would love to see “Mother” localized in our market. In fact, I’ve talked to [Nintendo president] Mr. Iwata about it because this is a game he has some history with. [pauses] But it is not on our announcement schedule. [laughs]
If it seems weird that this is coming from an MTV site, don’t worry, it’s legit. You may even remember when MTV interviewed him a while back and he talked about MOTHER 3 and acknowledged the fan translation project.
Incidentally, this interview was posted exactly one year after this 2008 April Fool’s joke interview:
Other Related Posts:
55 Comments to Reggie Talks About MOTHER 3
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...