MOTHER 4 Fan Game
I know I still need to write up my huge article about Shigesato Itoi, but for now, here’s something most people probably don’t know about him. In the 80s, among his many other projects and jobs, Itoi hosted a weekly educational show by the NHK (Japan’s national TV station, a lot like our PBS) called “You”.
Here is a video of the opening, plus a tiny bit of young Itoi being the host.
Japanese people now in their 20s and 30s seem to have fond memories of this show, and apparently this show helped introduce him to that new generation, which made him even more well-known. I’ll explain everything in more detail someday, I swear
I should also mention briefly that the song for “You” was done by Ryuichi Sakamoto. He and Itoi are really good friends and they’ve done tons and tons of music together over the years, where Sakamoto would write the music and Itoi would write the lyrics. I’ll probably start showing some of the songs that Itoi’s written lyrics to in the future, so it’s probably a good idea to remember Ryuichi Sakamoto’s name, since it’ll be appearing more often I’m sure.
Other Related Posts:
24 Comments to Itoi the Educational Show Host
Leave a reply
- Vukadin: Now that I think of it, the Mother games haven’t really inspired me to do anything… They did change my view of the world I...
- Douche Mcallister: No… I might have a crummy memory… But I seem to remember a video with a huge mr. Saturn like this, and it was...
- Douche Mcallister: Really the only difference that stood out to me while playing the GBA version was the sound of PSI moves and the Dusty Dunes...
- Goldcheese: ….two anuses?
- BenjaminSmith: I went to school for game art because of this game and Graduate in September!! I always have been an artist but no other game made...